As an American do you think have a right to know.......

Should food companies have to list on the label if the product contains any GM or GMO's?

• Yes

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only if it is radiated

• I'm not sure

• Yes absolutely and list if it has been treated with irradiation also

Votes: 8 72.7%

• Total voters
When you personally attack everyone who is either ambivalent or disagrees with you you lose the arguments over GMO foods
Says the guy calling people liars.
See? Dumb as dirt too?

Dante is NOT trying to win an arguments for or against GMO labeling. He has stated many times he is ambivalent. What is it you don't get there, you loser lying pond scum?

:rofl:

lighten up Francis

If there's nothing wrong with GMOs and radiating our food, why do producers' lobbyists pay congress to keep the facts from the consumer?
They believe just stating "GMO" spooks people and that is what you are trying to do. Stop being so disingenuous. Personally I'd like to see labels, but most people will not know what the labeling means -- they'll just run scared. Be honest
Is that what you really think?

Lobbyist working for those chemical companies and giant food producers do seem to use that phrase a whole lot. Nothing more than an excuse to make sure people do not have a choice between picking natural food products or chemically grown foods. People are sick from what is being fed to them. One lady told me she is "sick of being sick" when I first started looking into this whole food mess 15 years ago.

If it is actually safe why have so many countries beside America banned GMO's?

Excess limits and exemptions have even been raised throughout the years in order to accomadate chemical companies, GM seed producers and large farming operators who's food has gone over the set limits. Farm Bureau even lobbied on behalf of growers of winter lettuce crops in Arizona that had excess rocket fuel residues that actually grow into the lettuce.

Allowable tolerances 2012 EPA

Title 40 protection of the enviroment
On that note I gained a little piece of information today when I went to get some fresh eggs. The people selling the eggs did not want some bread that the store had tossed. These people came here from Alaska. He told me that Fish and Game in Alaska forbids feeding bread to the wild animals. It has no food value and just bloats in their stomachs. Looks like our bureaucrats can protect the wild life but not the human's.
When you personally attack everyone who is either ambivalent or disagrees with you you lose the arguments over GMO foods

Dante has repeated nothing that the food corps push . I simply observe theirs and yours tactics and it all stinks

that said, if you are worried about the gene pool, stop pissing in it
Personally I think it is more BPA and other chemical processes that are affecting the future gene pool. GMO's are more about slowly killing off nature and the people; both long term and short term.
Human beings will adapt. We probably should as a species care, but we don't. It;s human nature
On the GMO labeling issues more than 90% of Americans that were polled seem to care.

Everything we eat has been genetically modified. I think the whole gmo thing is a crock.

Says the guy calling people liars.
See? Dumb as dirt too?

Dante is NOT trying to win an arguments for or against GMO labeling. He has stated many times he is ambivalent. What is it you don't get there, you loser lying pond scum?

:rofl:

lighten up Francis
What I don't get is if you are ambivalent about this subject why you would participate in the first place and question people's motives in the second. I would also question why you think I should lighten up as I have not even come close to attacking your character as you have mine.

miamichef

Bonzi do you remember that reference in a thread? He said something about this issue...I know it was you on there and just a few others and then the issue died quickly

I have a right to know why people are frustrating me and intentionally trying to "Tick me off" by having one person tell me at work this is procedure and policy - then another person tells me different.

Paperwork gets changed, then changed again - a certain policy gets initiated, then cancelled or changed.

My foreman are at times harassing, and one foreman just got on to me about a week ago about having a aluminum can in the main gate ( cant have cans in the plant, but you can the gate ) when others are not corrected or chastised. Why did he say that, when he "dips snuff" ( we work in a non tobacco facility - and have been for about 5 years ) in the foremans office, while he plays on his I-Phone for about 9 hours a day, out of a 12 hours shift?

I still at times make foreman mad, for whatever reason, I do not know ; as I at times, still get "Singled out" for retaliation, and / or correction, even when my coworkers are, or have been doing the same thing for ages.

Shadow 355

As an American do you think have a right to know what is in your food if is genetically modified or grown natural?

I believe we should have the right to know what exactly is in the food. Many of the members of our Congress evidently do not feel that away or have been bought and paid for to deny the American citizen freedom of informed choice on what they eat and feed their families.

Contact Congress | Just Label It

A dear friend once told me "I don't worry about the grains if they have some life in them. It means it is still safe for me to eat it". If the food is dead it doesn't even rot properly. How can anyone possibly think it has any value if the microbes won't even eat it? What's wrong with food irradiation?

Photo courtesy of MaryJanesFarm | About Us | Farm Life with Mary Jane Butters

View attachment 52367

As a completely optional thing to do to our foods, if they're radiated or genetically-modified, that should be disclosed to the consumer.

s.cerevisae-yeast.jpg

cerevisiae yeast

I picked up some chicken for the dogs the other day at the store. What looked like fat on the outer layer of the meat looked pearled just like this on one of the drumsticks after pulling off the skin and washing the slime off. My camera died so I had to find an image in my yeast files that exactly look like what I saw; this is it perfectly if you can imagine a drumstick underneath the muscle strings.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back