As Conservatives Slam ‘Barbie,’ Whoopi Goldberg Fires Back: ‘It’s a Movie About a Doll! I

FWIW, here is Shapiro's take on it:

Getting Barbie from Barbie world to the real world and then comedy ensues is a good premise for a movie.

But, it sounds like it was made by people who prefer to drive talking points home rather than entertain. Lot of that going around these days.

I saw about fifteen minutes of Shapiro's review. His first complaint is that the audience is clearly pre-teen girls and the mothers who bring them to the movies, and that the movie has inappropriate jokes like
"I'll beach you off,"
when Ken and other male dolls are arguing on the beach.

Then Barbie experiences depression and is advised by a wise older Barbie to go to the real world to find her owner who must be depressed also. That's when Barbie finds out that while in Barbie world, the males are second bananas to the females (except for the transdoll), in the real world the opposite holds true. Ken loves it, Barbie hates it. By the end
Ken and Barbie are back in Barbie world and Ken is happy to be subservient.

I can see where this is the woke ideal. In woke world, women rule, men drool, so it is no wonder that so many woke men aspire to be women.

I saw about fifteen minutes of Shapiro's review. His first complaint is that the audience is clearly pre-teen girls and the mothers who bring them to the movies, and that the movie has inappropriate jokes like
"I'll beach you off,"
when Ken and other male dolls are arguing on the beach.

Then Barbie experiences depression and is advised by a wise older Barbie to go to the real world to find her owner who must be depressed also. That's when Barbie finds out that while in Barbie world, the males are second bananas to the females (except for the transdoll), in the real world the opposite holds true. Ken loves it, Barbie hates it. By the end
Ken and Barbie are back in Barbie world and Ken is happy to be subservient.

I can see where this is the woke ideal. In woke world, women rule, men drool, so it is no wonder that so many woke men aspire to be women.

Indeed, and like I said, mindless consumers like Whoopi and Tommy Tainant are too dumb to read into that subtext, which is what Hollywood loves.

Yes, Barbie is only a doll, and it's only a movie. Wokesters rarely complain about movies or dolls since corporate America gives them no reason to accuse it of straying from the liberal line.

Imagine if the movie plot had been that GI Joe returns from Afghanistan, after three tours killing Radical Islamic terrorists, and complains about how Biden let his buddies die in the retreat. Imagine that Barbie abandons her goal of being an OB-GYN who specializes in late term abortions, to be Mrs Joe and have his babies.

Think the woke would say "OMG, it's a movie about dolls; I'm not going to freak out about it?"

For people of even middling intelligence, the subtext is clear. You're the mindless consumer this movie is aimed at, too dumb to read between the lines.

You would have called Triumph of the Will a "sports movie".

At least Triumph of the Will was blatant, admitted propaganda.

There are far more Democrats obsessing over supposed Republican outrage about the Barbie movie than there are Republicans who give a shit about it either way.

I've heard that it is an ultra-woke movie, but I've also heard that it is so over the top woke that it must be a satire of wokeness. It is very difficult to tell the difference between a woke person and a satire of a woke person so we may never know. I certainly will never care.

Still, I'm not required to pretend to be stupid enough to think that a CCP version of a map of China made it into a kids' movie by accident. I don't really care about that, either. I just don't like people to think that I'm going along with lies out of ignorance.
Nope...not true at all. We are laughing AT you.

Neither you nor Whoopi are fit to shine his shoes.
And you really believe that.....:heehee:

1690475305492.png

Forum List

Back