As many as 10 dead in shooting at Batman premiere in Denver: reports

How much you want to bet the shooting took place in a gun free zone?

I hope a theater is, but my concern remains the officers. And as I have written repeatedly, the killer could have used other means to slaughter; bomb, poison gas, etc. Turning this into a gun issue ignores the victims; the natural human response is to think "it could not happen to me, because.....". But it CAN.

People need to get over this disrespect and fear of guns. It's a tool just like a car is. Seeing someone carry a gun is not a bad thing, but some people react that way. less gun free zone less mass shootings. When was the last time you heard about a mass shooting at a gun range or gun show or police department?
Ft. Hood

Keep the guns away from everyone who isn't police or military, we'd be better.

You want to make a sweeping statement and you haven't a clue what you're talking about. Not every soldier can be trusted with a gun. Same goes for cops.

No, but I'd certainly trust them more than the crazy guy who thinks he's a comic book supervillian.

Maybe we should just stop putting gun shops next to comic book stores..

So you trust the government?

Jon Benet Ramsey was found with her panties wrapped around her neck. How about we outlaw little girls panties? I'm sure most liberals here would support that anyway, being the sick bunch of bastards that they are.

Al Capone once beat two guys to death during dinner with a baseball bat. How about we outlaw baseball now?

The Boston Strangler would strangle women to death with scarves. How about we outlaw scarves now?

Jack The Ripper stabbed people to death. How about we outlaw all steak knives and butter knives now?

Many women have been strangled to death by people they know (husbands, boyfriends, etc.). How about we amputate the arms of ALL males in America?

When was the last time someone went on a mass panty strangling spree?
When was the last time someone went on a baseball bashing spree? Or a bread knife spree?

No one goes on a stabbing spree either, if they do, its extremely rare. People go on gun shooting sprees because guns cause the most damage to a person.
Good points in the counter

What about the millions of us who own guns and obey the law? I own a few, have a carry permit, and I haven't even had a speeding ticket in over 30 years.

That is true, which is why I don't truly want Americans to ban guns entirely. It punishes those who are responsible. What I would like to see, though, is tougher gun laws. Those who are responsible shouldn't have an issue with this - it is important to do everything you can to prevent firearms from ending up in the wrong hands.
Better "Gun" laws yes maybe, but even better would be to have better safe gun technology implemented into the weapons. This area hasn't been explored enough (IMHO) and yet it should be a main priority given the situations and the study of these situations..

Jon Benet Ramsey was found with her panties wrapped around her neck. How about we outlaw little girls panties? I'm sure most liberals here would support that anyway, being the sick bunch of bastards that they are.

Al Capone once beat two guys to death during dinner with a baseball bat. How about we outlaw baseball now?

The Boston Strangler would strangle women to death with scarves. How about we outlaw scarves now?

Jack The Ripper stabbed people to death. How about we outlaw all steak knives and butter knives now?

Many women have been strangled to death by people they know (husbands, boyfriends, etc.). How about we amputate the arms of ALL males in America?

When was the last time someone went on a mass panty strangling spree?
When was the last time someone went on a baseball bashing spree? Or a bread knife spree?

No one goes on a stabbing spree either, if they do, its extremely rare. People go on gun shooting sprees because guns cause the most damage to a person.
Knife killing sprees? Do some research how about it?

IKEDA, Japan -- Eight children were killed and 15 people injured in Japan's worst school tragedy on Friday when a middle-aged man with a history of mental illness went on a stabbing rampage at an elementary school in western Japan.
Killing Spree in Japan

A knife-wielding madman went on a wild killing spree that spilled blood across Brooklyn after he flew into a rage because his stepfather refused to let him drive the family Lexus, authorities said.
Maksim Gelman, a 23-year-old druggie and "street punk," allegedly stabbed his 54-year-old stepdad to death in the early-morning hours yesterday in their Sheepshead Bay apartment and sped off in the luxury car.
He resurfaced 12 hours later to kill his ex-girlfriend and her mom, before stabbing another man in a carjacking and running over a pedestrian as he made his getaway, sources said.

Read more: Brooklyn man goes on killing spree - NYPOST.com
Monday 29 December 2008
Fatal stabbings are at a 30-year high, with six knife murders every week, according to new figures obtained by the Conservatives.

The claim comes as the Government unveils tougher community sentences for knife carriers including forcing offenders to wear high-visibility orange jackets.

Labour claim overall violent crime is down. But under figures from every police force but one in England and Wales, the Tories found last year the number of fatal stabbings was higher than at any time in the last three decades.

There were 322 knife murders in the UK between April 2007 and April this year, representing a rise of more than a third since the Government took control in 1997.

Six Knife Murders A Week In UK

Girl, 17, admits 30 knife murders
A 17-year-old schoolgirl has dramatically admitted stabbing 30 men to death - and says she hopes her parents are not upset.

Read more: Girl, 17, admits 30 knife murders | Metro.co.uk

I hope a theater is, but my concern remains the officers. And as I have written repeatedly, the killer could have used other means to slaughter; bomb, poison gas, etc. Turning this into a gun issue ignores the victims; the natural human response is to think "it could not happen to me, because.....". But it CAN.

People need to get over this disrespect and fear of guns. It's a tool just like a car is. Seeing someone carry a gun is not a bad thing, but some people react that way. less gun free zone less mass shootings. When was the last time you heard about a mass shooting at a gun range or gun show or police department?
Ft. Hood

Ft hood was a gun free zone. Solders do not walk around armed on base.

What about the millions of us who own guns and obey the law? I own a few, have a carry permit, and I haven't even had a speeding ticket in over 30 years.

That is true, which is why I don't truly want Americans to ban guns entirely. It punishes those who are responsible. What I would like to see, though, is tougher gun laws. Those who are responsible shouldn't have an issue with this - it is important to do everything you can to prevent firearms from ending up in the wrong hands.
Better "Gun" laws yes maybe, but even better would be to have better safe gun technology implemented into the weapons. This area hasn't been explored enough (IMHO) and yet it should be a main priority given the situations and the study of these situations..

As long as people maintain that the 2nd amendment gives them the right to own a gun which can be used against another human being at any time and place of their choosing safety technology becomes null and void.

As long as people maintain that the 2nd amendment gives them the right to own a gun which can be used against another human being at any time and place of their choosing safety technology becomes null and void.

I don't need words to tell me I have a right to defend myself anyway I so choose too.
But it is nice to have it written down on paper.

I don't need words to tell me I have a right to defend myself anyway I so choose too.

And I feel I need to protect myself from you, hypothectically speaking. Now I can either go purchase a higher powered rifle or I can trust government regulation so I can live my life in peace and not waste my money on a personal arsenal.

And I feel I need to protect myself from you, hypothectically speaking. Now I can either go purchase a higher powered rifle or I can trust government regulation so I can live my life in peace and not waste my money on a personal arsenal.

SO IT COMES DOWN TO PASSING OFF YOUR PERSONAL PROTECTION RESPONSIBILITIES TO GOVERNMENT.

The very entity that provided guns to the Mexican cartels.

The stigma that carrying a gun is "Wow. That guy is mentally unstable and probably has a small penis for which he is overcompensating".

Which is probably true.

Nope. More guns are not the answer, guy.

Keep the guns away from med students and we'll be fine.

Keep the guns away from everyone who isn't police or military, we'd be better.

Yup....keep em away from everyone but the police and military.

Hasan_nidal.jpg
s-NIDAL-HASAN-large.jpg

072911ap_abdo_story.JPG
x8fvxu.jpg

How do you do that without infringing on the rights of innocent people? It's already illegal to own a firearm if you're a convicted felon or have a sufficient psychiatric history. The guy in the theater shooting had no prior criminal or psychiatric history. There's already a national database where a gun store can run an instant background check on you. This guy passed it because he had a clean record with no priors.

The only thing more that can be done is to make thought-crime illegal.

very simple .....BAN GUNS TO THE ORDINARY POPULATION,AND THIS HORRIFIC SITUATION WILL IN TIME BECOME A THING OF THE PAST.....I agree with Noomi completely AND SO SHOULD YOU,BUT IT TAKES A BACKBONE,ESPECIALLY IN THE US.
Nope you are wrong big time, because it would be better to create smart technology that places timers and tracking on these weapons (all of them). By placing timers on these weapons, it would be one part of the safety ideas that are needed so desperately in controlling the situations at large now in the country, and tracking would be another. In my opinion, internal timers can be placed on board these semi-automatic weapons, that would allow them to only shoot two rounds, before a one minute timer delay would disable the firing mechanism for one minute, and then once the one minute is up, the weapon becomes functional again for the next two rounds to be fired. A function key could be allowed to be held by gun ranges only, that could be placed into the timer to increase the rounds to 10 rounds before the timer would again activate under gun range conditions. Otherwise under a highly strict enviroment, and by way of a key, the weapons could be made functional for the range in which the gun owner would be at that day wanting to shoot. When the owner is done shooting at the range, the weapon would be returned to it's two round one minute timer setting by the range officer.

The purpose of the on board timer would be to give people the time to subdue or jump a would be killer, if he were to decide to go about making plans for a mass shooting and then acting upon those plans, where as we would then have weapons that have new technology on board, in which would quickly force the person into a less likely alternative for killing people in large numbers by way of a semi-automatic weapon or weapons to be carried such as with this AR-15 and drum clip etc.

Now handguns may have to have a more strict setting in the timer, because they can be carried and concealed far better, and can have the same affect in a close range senario as what we had with the theater setting also. Handguns as in automatic glocks, 9.mm's etc. would have two rounds then a five minute setting with a noise detection on board as well, in which would disable the weapon being fired for five minutes (cool off period), as well as anyother handgun being concealed next to it, all due to the noise safety on board detection mechanism. So lets say that a gunmen were to grab another handgun in between the one he has already fired, that has been disabled by the timer in which he had shot the first two rounds from, then the gun grabbed next would be also under the timer firing mechanism disabler, and this all due to the on board noise detection system in which disabled it by a timer as well when heard the shot from the first gun fired....Now we have sucessfully adressed the situation with smart technology, and rendered the likelyhood of guns being used in mass killings to zero, and this by having such technology implemented in all weapons of this sort by government mandate and/or law. Police and military weapons would not be subjected to this (((unless))) for internal reasons, it could be studied enough to understand the ramifications of timers also being used on their weapons as well while in country. The only reason this would be studied or considered, is due to the belief that some military and/or police weapons could somehow end up in the hands of criminals without any restrictions on board back out on the streets.

In summary: A plotter would have to plan to carry more weapons because of this technology being implemented in all weapons that are semi-automatic, thus making him more visable and vulnerable to detection. Tracking devices would give the exact location of the shooter instantly, once the gun is reported to have fired the first round, thus instantly giving the location to law enforcement, in which either were to be reported by a citizen or by law enforcement themselves when keying in the code in which was indicated by a flag up on a super computer designed to hold all the trackers and their weapons information specific to the on board tracker, and this in the case of a shooting occuring at any location that a shot or shots would have been fired from any location.

Last edited:

Well good I suggest you be armed at all times because I am. My neighbors love me they tell me they sleep easily every night when they know I'm home.

But anyway you're a fucking idiot for two reasons you think you need to be armed because of me when I said I have a right to defend myself anyway I so choose, and 2. you trust the government.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuhKCiY-lu0&feature=related]Armed Homeowner Shoots Robbers During Daytime Invasion (AZ) - YouTube[/ame]

SO IT COMES DOWN TO PASSING OFF YOUR PERSONAL PROTECTION RESPONSIBILITIES TO GOVERNMENT.

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

SO IT COMES DOWN TO PASSING OFF YOUR PERSONAL PROTECTION RESPONSIBILITIES TO GOVERNMENT.The very entity that provided guns to the Mexican cartels.

That exactly what you said you trust the government

It was very clear. You choose to put your faith in government to keep you safe.

An adage comes to mind. Something about those that wish to give up liberty for safety deserve neither.

An adage comes to mind. Something about those that wish to give up liberty for safety deserve neither.

You noticed he left out this part of your post?

The very entity that provided guns to the Mexican cartels.

Do you stand outside your house with a bucket of water and walk your mail to its destination?

Forum List

Back