As many as 10 dead in shooting at Batman premiere in Denver: reports

My suggestion is stop teaching our kids to hate others and hate themselves in our institutions of higher learning, stop glorifying guns in movies, and stop the media from trying to take advantage of every crisis that happens in the world by using it to some sort of political advantage.

It's pretty clear what's going on here, even though the left won't admit it.

Oh, please, guy.

It's not like anyone is actually going to really propose common sense gun laws after this.

(you know, like making it harder for crazy people to buy guns).

The NRA has a strangle-hold on our politics. Besides the Plutocrats, they are the only group that actually has something to show for their support of the GOP.

This happened because a mentally ill person didn't get the treatment he needed, but he was able to buy four guns and thousands of rounds of ammo and C'Thulhu knows what else.

To try to put it off like the left is trying to get something by asking how it is this happens is kind of disingenous.

It's like the right winger who gets caught with a blow-up doll and says, "It's not what it looks like!"

So a guy with NO prior criminal record is crazy?

What I am seeing from "most" of the left is not asking how it is this happened, but how can we restrict folks rights a bit more... I mean after all.... we should never let a good crisis go to waste right???

Bottom line is.... this is one of those tragedies that was mostly unavoidable.

Sure tighter security would have helped, but we dont know that just yet.
Let's let the police do their job and get to the bottom of it and then see if we can change something to help avoid future incidents, but to jump to all these conclusions is heping no one.

We should let the bodies get cold before we start pointing fingers... and the only ones pointing fingers yesterday were the left

Just see my new temp. sig
:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
My suggestion is stop teaching our kids to hate others and hate themselves in our institutions of higher learning, stop glorifying guns in movies, and stop the media from trying to take advantage of every crisis that happens in the world by using it to some sort of political advantage.

Oh, please, guy.

It's not like anyone is actually going to really propose common sense gun laws after this.

The NRA has a strangle-hold on our politics. Besides the Plutocrats, they are the only group that actually has something to show for their support of the GOP.

This happened because a mentally ill person didn't get the treatment he needed, but he was able to buy four guns and thousands of rounds of ammo and C'Thulhu knows what else.

To try to put it off like the left is trying to get something by asking how it is this happens is kind of disingenous.

It's like the right winger who gets caught with a blow-up doll and says, "It's not what it looks like!"

Guns are not the problem. If they want to kill someone they'll find another way.

In Uganda and Somalia they just hack each other to pieces with machetes.

Somebody wants to kill a bunch of people he can just use rat-poison.

Last edited:
Keep the guns away from everyone who isn't police or military, we'd be better.

You want to make a sweeping statement and you haven't a clue what you're talking about. Not every soldier can be trusted with a gun. Same goes for cops.

No, but I'd certainly trust them more than the crazy guy who thinks he's a comic book supervillian.

Maybe we should just stop putting gun shops next to comic book stores..

So by your logic.... we should ban all violent movies and books.... that way the "crazy guy" would never see or read anything that might set them off.

Lets also insure we all wear bubble wrap so we dont fall down and scrape our wittle knees :sad:

C'mon man....
:eusa_hand:

Oh, please, guy.

Guns are not the problem. If they want to kill someone they'll find another way.

In Uganda and Somalia they just hack each other to pieces with machetes.

Somebody wants to kill a bunch of people he can just use rat-poison.

this is a machete:
machete.jpg

this is an AR-15 with drum magazine:
dsc00229.jpg

Man, the extremist right is perhaps unsettled, one of their kind committed mass murder, and the only replies are "I'll kill anybody who takes MY guns away!" & mindless attempts at insults.

"one of their kind?" How do you figure?
'

No gun control law on earth could prevent the McVeigh, Smith, Cho, or Holmes killers from their goals. And yipping about this as a gun control issue is callous; as we write law enforcement are risking their lives to prevent a possible massive bomb, his APARTMENT, from detonating. Yet most posts are about gun rights, SURREAL.

That is not the question, how is he an "extremist right" you know "one of their kind?"

You are the one that introduced the politics and accusation, while law enforcement is working on disarming his booby trapped apartment, so please explain. How do you know he is extremist right?

This guy had an AR-15, the shotgun, two Glocks, the drum magazine, and 6000 rounds of ammo, at least.

Nope, no problem here. This is obviously a very regulated industry.

Election year? No appetite for gun-law reform? That's a shame.

It's a very bad joke to kill innocent people or to be a governor whose government allows anyone to get so much firepower for their own personal unsupervised use and allows that unnecessary fire-power to be used against defenceless citizens.

Compare-the-Colorado-Jokers--100823.jpg

Photoshop: Compare the Colorado jokers

I actually support the 2nd amendment to the constitution of the USA - the right bear arms as part of a well-regulated militia.

The whole "well-regulated militia" part gets forgotten by the NRA and gun-rights nuts who want to take a good idea too far to the point that individuals can have way more firepower than they ever need for self-defence or to defend their own family in their own home.

To my mind, "well-regulated" would mean regulating against personal automatic weapons. Automatic weapons should be limited to organised police or community defence militia forces on duty. I would support say Church or University or town militias - who would be required to be insured to pay out compensation if any of their guns got misused.

For home defence, single shot shotguns or bolt-action hunting rifles is plenty. No-one needs a personal automatic or semi-automatic assault rifle at home. Such weapons should be held in militia arsenals and only used when militia personnel are on supervised duty.

I don't have all the details sorted out but I just think the laws are too slack right now and it's not what the 2nd amendment calls for.

And the whole argument that I have the 2nd admendment rights because someday I might need to shoot a cop is just fucking stupid.

Good idea. Banning pot has worked so well to keep pot off of the streets.

Sarcasm in this situation is pathetic......Of course you should BAN GUNS and the revolting culture that goes with it.

Don't spew all the 2nd amendment bullshit please.

Australia have a NO GUN CULTURE and we have a better LIFE,of course we do.

The Idiot DISCREDITED NGLobby of the US tried to create their BULLSHIT here and were run out of this country by the Australian Government.

Guns are OK for sporting organizations and the Police and Military ONLY.

Say NO TO GUNS whilst you can,If you have the intestinal fortitude.WE HAVE:clap2:theliq

What about the millions of us who own guns and obey the law? I own a few, have a carry permit, and I haven't even had a speeding ticket in over 30 years.
In the scheme of things, they figure you are becoming the minority now, and that the bad guy's are becoming the majority, so they have to take your guns, because they want the bad guy's to rule and the good guy's to drool.....They must deliver your guns to the feet of the bad guy's/specific players eventually, as a sacrifice to their new god's/leaders, in hopes that they will be spared come the final take over. They already fear these new god's in which they do worship so out of fear, and so when they (the new god's/leaders) finally take control of the place for which the liberals had somehow given to them or do want out of fear to give to them quickly, then they (the libs) will be safe is what it is all about now for them looking forward. They are now seeing first hand what their new god's minions are all about found in these shootings, and it is casting great fear into them, so they must look for sacrifices to bring to their god's, and if that is our heads on a platter, then they will be happy to oblige. A liberals fears are worst than anyone can imagine, where as they just want to accomodate the wolf, so that maybe they will be spared in the end, this is their ideology and/or thinking sadly enough.

They have gained power through a passive system that has allowed them their power in fairness, but what have they done with their power when they recieved it or rather do control it for a short period of time ? Let the record show and be placed into history for all to see and read, so that the truth shall be known to all about who they are, and how they fear, and in what they have done to this United States of America under their short rule and their fear.

Sarcasm in this situation is pathetic......Of course you should BAN GUNS and the revolting culture that goes with it.

Don't spew all the 2nd amendment bullshit please.

Australia have a NO GUN CULTURE and we have a better LIFE,of course we do.

The Idiot DISCREDITED NGLobby of the US tried to create their BULLSHIT here and were run out of this country by the Australian Government.

Guns are OK for sporting organizations and the Police and Military ONLY.

Say NO TO GUNS whilst you can,If you have the intestinal fortitude.WE HAVE:clap2:theliq

What about the millions of us who own guns and obey the law? I own a few, have a carry permit, and I haven't even had a speeding ticket in over 30 years.
In the scheme of things, they figure you are becoming the minority now, and that the bad guy's are becoming the majority, so they have to take your guns, because they want the bad guy's to rule and the good guy's to drool.....They must deliver your guns to the feet of the bad guy's/specific players eventually, as a sacrifice to their new god's/leaders, in hopes that they will be spared come the final take over. They already fear these new god's in which they do worship so out of fear, and so when they (the new god's/leaders) finally take control of the place for which the liberals had somehow given to them or do want out of fear to give to them quickly, then they (the libs) will be safe is what it is all about now for them looking forward. They are now seeing first hand what their new god's minions are all about found in these shootings, and it is casting great fear into them, so they must look for sacrifices to bring to their god's, and if that is our heads on a platter, then they will be happy to oblige. A liberals fears are worst than anyone can imagine, where as they just want to accomodate the wolf, so that maybe they will be spared in the end, this is their ideology and/or thinking sadly enough.

They have gained power through a passive system that has allowed them their power in fairness, but what have they done with their power when they recieved it or rather do control it for a short period of time ? Let the record show and be placed into history for all to see and read, so that the truth shall be known to all about who they are, and how they fear, and in what they have done to this United States of America under their short rule and their fear.

So you think I want to take Mauddib's guns? Fuck, I will buy him one for Christmas. 'Regulation' you dumbass!

The stigma that carrying a gun is "Wow. That guy is mentally unstable and probably has a small penis for which he is overcompensating".

Which is probably true.

Nope. More guns are not the answer, guy.

Keep the guns away from med students and we'll be fine.

Nah, get the scared mentally handicapped democrats and the greedy thieving repubs out of these offices, then we would have a nation again. Until then we are lible to see anything in the coming future of this nation and/or within the small worlds in which we do live in. Oh and also how about putting Prayer back into schools and/or back into the public system, just as an indicator to the young and up and coming, that we still have some sort of goodness in which we practice and believe in, instead of what has now gone on or is going on to date in this nation.

Last edited:
How about since we have dumbed down the nation so, by paring 26 year old bodies now (who are still on their parents insurance or are allowed to be) with 15 year old or earlier minds, maybe we should outlaw guns to be sold to anyone under the age of 30 years old, and if a 10 year old up to 30 year old is to be in possession of a gun, they must be accompanied now by a 35 year old and above (or) they will be considered in possession of a fire arm illegally ?

I mean the demon-crats and the repentigans have created this mess over time, so I guess measures must be taken in order to bring the nations citizens back up to date with their age and then pared back with their bodies to meet that age in which should be appropriate for making a responsible citizen in this nation again. Right now we have 25 year olds who are 15 year olds in their minds still, living out some sort of twisted fantasies, and being coupled with some sort of disfunctional extremely secularized upbringing, thus creating a cocktail of sorts that is extremely dangerous to society at large as was proven yet again in America.

Last edited:
The stigma that carrying a gun is "Wow. That guy is mentally unstable and probably has a small penis for which he is overcompensating".

Which is probably true.

Nope. More guns are not the answer, guy.

Keep the guns away from med students and we'll be fine.

If no one has a gun why do the police and military need one?
Maybe one day we have more reports of this if you get your way.
Trial of New Orleans Police Begins in the 2005 Killings of Unarmed Civilians
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/28/us/28orleans.html

Forum List

Back