if you have to lie about such a mickey mouse thing as fracking, then you're just a liar

Aggregating to the national level we conclude that aggregate employment rose by 725,000 jobs due to fracking, causing a reduction in the U.S. unemployment rate of 0.5 percent during the Great Recession," according to the study.

Depends how they are used. Solar hot water is a no brainer in many locations. It's been very successful in Hawaii and Israel. I had it in South Carolina in 1979. Cut my utility bill in half. Wind has It's place especially since they have reduced bird deaths by 70%.

yes, places that are warm and sunny most of the time.

Try it in the Northeast in the winter.

Neither has it's place as base load replacement. You are talking to an Engineer here, so spare me the Enviro-weenie bullshit.

yes, places that are warm and sunny most of the time.

Try it in the Northeast in the winter.

Neither has it's place as base load replacement. You are talking to an Engineer here, so spare me the Enviro-weenie bullshit.

MIT or GA Tech? Are you a petroleum or chemical engineer?

We weren't talking about the northeast.. we were talking about diversifying energy sources.

advantages-of-solar-energy.png

Point 1: The sun may not deplete in non geological time, but solar panels aren't immortal. they degrade over time

Point 2: Generating may be "clean" but you still have to make the panels, and doing that isn't clean.

Point 3: Pointless point except if you are talking wind power. All electricity is "silent" coming into a house regardless of source.

MIT or GA Tech? Are you a petroleum or chemical engineer?

We weren't talking about the northeast.. we were talking about diversifying energy sources.

Small College, masters in ChemE.

Nah, you are using sunny places as examples duplicitously to show this stuff works.

advantages-of-solar-energy.png

Point 1: The sun may not deplete in non geological time, but solar panels aren't immortal. they degrade over time

Point 2: Generating may be "clean" but you still have to make the panels, and doing that isn't clean.

Point 3: Pointless point except if you are talking wind power. All electricity is "silent" coming into a house regardless of source.
The link was supposed to show “free energy”.

It did the opposite.

I thought engineers were supposed to be meticulous… not sloppy

Ask the children in Congo about downsides

Do you think these companies employ children?

Companies in Republic of Congo Oil and Gas Market
Total S.A.
Eni S.P.A.
Chevron Corporation.
Perenco S.A.
National Petroleum Company of the Congo, SNPC.

The link was supposed to show “free energy”.

It did the opposite.

I thought engineers were supposed to be meticulous… not sloppy

I'm talking about how it is marketed, with even the positives being not entirely truthful. Look at point 1. "IT NEVER RUNS OUT!!!!

Meanwhile only the downsides of fossil fuels are usually discussed, not the fact that it can provide base load when wind and solar cannot without massive onsite storage.

Only hydro amongst the renewables can provide base load, and many enviro-nuts want to REMOVE dams, not add more.

I'm talking about how it is marketed, with even the positives being not entirely truthful. Look at point 1. "IT NEVER RUNS OUT!!!!

Meanwhile only the downsides of fossil fuels are usually discussed, not the fact that it can provide base load when wind and solar cannot without massive onsite storage.

Only hydro amongst the renewables can provide base load, and many enviro-nuts want to REMOVE dams, not add more.
You make a claim… and then “prove” something entirely different.

That’s sloppy or dishonest.

You pick

Small College, masters in ChemE.

Nah, you are using sunny places as examples duplicitously to show this stuff works.
Good. My engineers went to MIT, GA Tech and Harvard . Neighbors went to Cal Tech.

Where have you worked in the oilfields? Most of my boy cousins worked in the Gulf of Mexico . I know a few who worked in the Permian Basin, Iran, Kuwait. Venezuela and Libya .

You make a claim… and then “prove” something entirely different.

That’s sloppy or dishonest.

You pick

I showed an example of the marketing, and how it's selling solar as an example why glossing over the downsides comparable to fossil fuels.

Good. My engineers went to MIT, GA Tech and Harvard . Neighbors went to Cal Tech.

Where have you worked in the oilfields? Most of my boy cousins worked in the Gulf of Mexico . I know a few who worked in the Permian Basin, Iran, Kuwait. Venezuela and Libya .

That's fine for while in College, but after it's meaningless.

I haven't but I have the degree and I still work in Engineering.

Knowing them isn't the same as being one of them. This is the intellectual equivalent of stolen valor.

That's fine for while in College, but after it's meaningless.

I haven't but I have the degree and I still work in Engineering.

Knowing them isn't the same as being one of them. This is the intellectual equivalent of stolen valor.
So you went to a minor school and have zero experience in this field..

You’re dismissed

Forum List

Back