if you have to lie about such a mickey mouse thing as fracking, then you're just a liar

It's marketing. I linked and example below, at least it does show some downsides, but the upsides are pretty slickly exaggerated as well.

There are people that hype stuff just to have a target for an attack. I prefer sober and rational.

That's fine for while in College, but after it's meaningless.

I haven't but I have the degree and I still work in Engineering.

Knowing them isn't the same as being one of them. This is the intellectual equivalent of stolen valor.

When you grow up in an oil camp it's information not stolen valor. It was also a time when kids listened to the adults around them.. so you are surrounded with engineers, cartographers, geologists, drillers, chemists and every day talk about GOSPS, refineries, Christmas Trees, pipelines etc.

When you grow up in an oil camp it's information not stolen valor. It was also a time when kids listened to the adults around them.. so you are surrounded with engineers, cartographers, geologists, drillers, chemists and every day talk about GOSPS, refineries, Christmas Trees, pipelines etc.

I grew up in a Chinese neighborhood, does that make my chinese?

Fracking permanently removes water from the water cycle by either contaminating it with hydrocarbons, radionuclides, and high salt content, or locking it deep underground. In 2022, the fracking industry in Pennsylvania also generated about 2.6 billion gallons of liquid waste, with roughly 44% reused for more fracking.

Fracking permanently removes water from the water cycle

OMG!!!

How many gallons are left?

You guys are idiots. Fracking sucks. It is terrible for just about everything. We need to become energy independent from fossil fuels so that we are not affected by OPEC oil outputs and no longer have to employ bad environmental tactics like fracking. I am not sure when it became 'merican to love really bad shit. What is wrong with you morons? The Harris plan supports growth in alternative energy so that we become independent faster which is safer. Grow up.

How many new nuclear reactors should we build?

How many new nuclear reactors should we build?
2%

IMG_0979.jpeg

I already answered. Very little if any.

Good luck maintaining base load at current standards of living without many nuke plants.

That just shows you aren't really serious about AGW. You just want to send people back to pre-industrial living.

Good luck maintaining base load at current standards of living without many nuke plants.

That just shows you aren't really serious about AGW. You just want to send people back to pre-industrial living.
That’s not where all the innovation is. I showed you where all our energy growth is coming from. Super expensive investments that pay off over decades with high risks of killing a million people just isnt in demand. Low cost energy of Solar and Wind is all the rage right now.

That’s not where all the innovation is. I showed you where all our energy growth is coming from. Super expensive investments that pay off over decades with high risks of killing a million people just isnt in demand. Low cost energy of Solar and Wind is all the rage right now.

Only for people who don't understand what base load is, and that solar and wind can't be used for it without massive grid level storage.

And nuclear power in the US is not high risk. stop lying.

Yes, lots of growth in more expensive, less reliable wind and solar.

Who told you wind and solar were low cost?

Nuclear power is a proven energy source, and they are much safer and much more efficient. And prorated over those decades the cost of energy is lower. Solar and Wind still need a lot of technology improvements, and they have put a lot of money into them over decades. They take up a lot of acreage and there are environmental concerns with them also that the other forms of energy have.

Nuclear power is a proven energy source, and they are much safer and much more efficient. And prorated over those decades the cost of energy is lower. Solar and Wind still need a lot of technology improvements, and they have put a lot of money into them over decades. They take up a lot of acreage and there are environmental concerns with them also that the other forms of energy have.

Plus the fact they need effective grid level storage to provide base load, and that tech isn't even near economic feasibility yet.

Forum List

Back