As many as 10 dead in shooting at Batman premiere in Denver: reports

Exactly how would that have stopped Holmes yesterday? He hadn't done anything to merit the DP before yesterday, so that wouldn't have helped, and the guy was to crazy to be deterred by it.

As far as not letting crazy people back out on the street, I'm all for it.

So you are going to be for higher taxes on rich people to pay for adequate mental health care in this country?

Hmmm.. you know, maybe effective background checks and licensing for guns might be cheaper and easier.

It's because of people like you that create mass shootings, with your over reactionary opinion of guns, it's people like you that create the gun free shooting zones

You know what, you whacks keep saying that, but Lougher was in a Open Carry state, and that didn't stop him. IN fact, one guy almost shot a good samaritan because he didn't know what was going on...

I'm not sure what the real solution is, but I'm pretty sure it isn't "more guns!"

Even in that state guns still carry a stigma if it didn't why weren't there more people carrying a gun? People like you create those situations

So naturally, the sensible response to the possibility that you might get into a close quarters argument with someone that has a knife is to allow every citizen carry a gun.

How about jumped from behind? knives are not civilized weapons they are brutal and barbaric weapons. What about old people
Knife crime threatening to become an epidemic | Television New Zealand | News, Sport, Weather, TV ONE, TV2 | TVNZ | News Video

Well, if you're going to get into scenarios, how would a gun help if you're jumped from behind by an old person with a knife?

Don't bring a knife to a gunfight.

So naturally, the sensible response to the possibility that you might get into a close quarters argument with someone that has a knife is to allow every citizen carry a gun.

How about jumped from behind? knives are not civilized weapons they are brutal and barbaric weapons. What about old people
Knife crime threatening to become an epidemic | Television New Zealand | News, Sport, Weather, TV ONE, TV2 | TVNZ | News Video

Well, if you're going to get into scenarios, how would a gun help if you're jumped from behind by an old person with a knife?

Even from behind with a gun you don't make body contact which you the one being attack time to react. Using a knife to attack someone you have to make body contact.

He's being stupid
I asked him about old people meaning how would they defend against someone attacking them with a knife, and he turns into old people attacking with a knife.:eusa_whistle:

Or maybe don't get into a fight at all.

Look, I'm not naive.
I've had to talk my way out of plenty of situations with pissed people.
But if I can't, I'm not too proud to get out of the way and let them carry on swinging their dicks.
What's the better answer...a pre-emptive round through the forehead?

Even from behind with a gun you don't make body contact which you the one being attack time to react. Using a knife to attack someone you have to make body contact.

We're talking hypothetical scenarios here aren't we?
Someone jumps you from behind which kind of implies you won't know anything until you're struck.
Fair enough, if they're old as you say you might hear their zimmer frame first but if not...you're doomed.

Someone jumps you from behind which kind of implies you won't know anything until you're struck.
Fair enough, if they're old as you say you might hear their zimmer frame first but if not...you're doomed.

The best weapon in the world won't protect you from a lack of situational awareness.

• Thanks
Reactions: idb

Look, I'm not naive.
But if I can't, I'm not too proud to get out of the way and let them carry on swinging their dicks.

With someone who is trying to steal yes that works for me.

The best weapon in the world won't protect you from a lack of situational awareness.

Nice!!!!

Look, I'm not naive.

With someone who is trying to steal yes that works for me.

Hang on, you've been arguing self defence!
Now you're lowering the bar for use of a firearm.
You suggest stealing...what if someone else suggests failing to give way, would that be reasonable?

You didn't answer my question before...do you think there is too much gun control in the US already?

Even in that state guns still carry a stigma if it didn't why weren't there more people carrying a gun? People like you create those situations

The stigma that carrying a gun is "Wow. That guy is mentally unstable and probably has a small penis for which he is overcompensating".

Which is probably true.

Nope. More guns are not the answer, guy.

The stigma that carrying a gun is "Wow. That guy is mentally unstable and probably has a small penis for which he is overcompensating".

Which is probably true.

Keep the guns away from med students and we'll be fine.

Which is probably true.

Keep the guns away from everyone who isn't police or military, we'd be better.

My suggestion is stop teaching our kids to hate others and hate themselves in our institutions of higher learning, stop glorifying guns in movies, and stop the media from trying to take advantage of every crisis that happens in the world by using it to some sort of political advantage.

It's pretty clear what's going on here, even though the left won't admit it.

My suggestion is stop teaching our kids to hate others and hate themselves in our institutions of higher learning, stop glorifying guns in movies, and stop the media from trying to take advantage of every crisis that happens in the world by using it to some sort of political advantage.

It's pretty clear what's going on here, even though the left won't admit it.

Oh, please, guy.

It's not like anyone is actually going to really propose common sense gun laws after this.

(you know, like making it harder for crazy people to buy guns).

The NRA has a strangle-hold on our politics. Besides the Plutocrats, they are the only group that actually has something to show for their support of the GOP.

This happened because a mentally ill person didn't get the treatment he needed, but he was able to buy four guns and thousands of rounds of ammo and C'Thulhu knows what else.

To try to put it off like the left is trying to get something by asking how it is this happens is kind of disingenous.

It's like the right winger who gets caught with a blow-up doll and says, "It's not what it looks like!"

Which is probably true.

You want to make a sweeping statement and you haven't a clue what you're talking about. Not every soldier can be trusted with a gun. Same goes for cops.

You want to make a sweeping statement and you haven't a clue what you're talking about. Not every soldier can be trusted with a gun. Same goes for cops.

No, but I'd certainly trust them more than the crazy guy who thinks he's a comic book supervillian.

Maybe we should just stop putting gun shops next to comic book stores..

Gun Free Zone = Victim Zone

Nobody ever walks into a police station and goes on a shooting rampage. Gee, I wonder why that is? That's sarcasm - I don't really wonder at all. The answer is, because the offender knows that a police station is filled with well armed, well trained individuals.

Conversely, we've had endless shootings in high schools (Columbine, Chardon, etc.) and colleges (Texas A&M, Illinois, etc.) where firearms are strictly forbidden.

So just keep pushing your irrational, illogical, anti-gun laws liberals. The blood is on your hands as the bodies mount...

Yes, lets make sure every high school kid is packing, might as well go down to elementary school and kindergarten as well, that will sure keep everyone safe,...:cuckoo:

Idiot.

I can remember a time when kids got guns while they were in elementary school and we never heard of any mass shooting back then...the worst that would happen is some kid would shoot a bird for no good reason and get a lecture from everyone and they'd never do it again....

Man, the extremist right is perhaps unsettled, one of their kind committed mass murder, and the only replies are "I'll kill anybody who takes MY guns away!" & mindless attempts at insults.

"one of their kind?" How do you figure?
'

No gun control law on earth could prevent the McVeigh, Smith, Cho, or Holmes killers from their goals. And yipping about this as a gun control issue is callous; as we write law enforcement are risking their lives to prevent a possible massive bomb, his APARTMENT, from detonating. Yet most posts are about gun rights, SURREAL.

Meanwhile YOU are being a nasty little PUKE by saying he was one of ours....

FUCK YOU YOU FILTHY BITCH..!

Used to be middle-aged white overweight balding postal workers used to kill a dozen people in a McDonalds. Now it's college students that are off their rockers. They're pissed at the world. Our schools are breeding anti-social miscreants. I heard one in Books A Million talking about how fucked the Bible was, that it was just a fairytale. What kind of education are they getting these days?

I don't like the way Hollywood glorifies guns and violence. It's part of the reason this guy went off. He had delusions of being the Joker. The press claims he got his guns legally. They also want to make the Tea Party look as bad as the Occupy Wall Street protestors. They couldn't wait to point a finger at them.

With the help of the media the President has sown hatred and divisions in this country. Seems to me almost every one of these killers spent a few years in college before they snapped.

They claim he's crazy. I think he's a product of his environment. If you subject yourself to as much hatred as I've seen the last 4 years it's no small wonder that someone goes off periodically. The garbage they're dishing to us makes it inevitable.

Everybody feels it. Something isn't quite right in this country. We feel insecure, unstable. We feel our government is out of control. Nobody feels we can trust anyone. We feel animosity towards some invisible straw-man they call the rich. Hatred is taking over. "Live and let live" has been replaced with "Where's mine". What was once right is now wrong. Our kids support Obama because, and I quote "He fucks with people". Thousands of our kids admire a snake-oil salesman telling them lies because they hate what used to be what was great about this country. They've been brainwashed into thinking this country is the root of all evil. If any of them had stepped one foot out of this country they'd discover this is total hogwash.

You've got assholes like Cher talking about Republicans like Archie Bunker showing unjustifiable hatred to anyone who believes in God or conservatism. It's small wonder her daughter Chastity turned out so confused. With a mother like that living in some Hollywood universe it's no surprise Chad is screwed up. Personally I think she's taken too much coke.

I rarely watch TV anymore because I can't stand the crap they pass off as entertainment these days. MTV has been turned into a series of parties, sexual adventures, projectile vomiting, ass-backwards lessons on life. Advertizements for birth control. Sex, sex, sex. A solid work ethic has been replaced with "where's mine?"

They've been telling us for years that pretty soon we'd have homegrown terrorists. The Administration refuses to call any of these lunatics a terrorist, but they have no problem with calling an 80 year old grandma a terrorist just because she's in the Tea Party.

They want to take away our guns so we can't stop them from taking everything else from us. We've seen it happen in other countries and now it's happening here.

Forum List

Back