As someone who does not live in New York City, I support Alvin Bragg’s decision not to prosecute theft

Drop Dead Fred

Platinum Member
Jun 6, 2020
This article from Fox News is called, Alvin Bragg promises not to prosecute theft to establish ‘racial equity’ balance: ‘Crime of poverty’.

I support the right of the 50 states and their respective cities to engage in different kinds of experiments, including ones that I think are ridiculous. I’m in favor of this particular one, because it’s what the voters wanted, and because I don’t live in this city.

I’m going to have a lot of fun watching all those YouTube videos of criminals in New York City who are smart enough to realize that they will never be prosecuted. How can I even blame them, when the person in charge of running the city is telling them that it’s OK for them to do what they are doing? The people of New York City are about to get exactly what they voted for, and I am going to have a lot of fun watching it happen.

This article from Fox News is called, Alvin Bragg promises not to prosecute theft to establish ‘racial equity’ balance: ‘Crime of poverty’.

I support the right of the 50 states and their respective cities to engage in different kinds of experiments, including ones that I think are ridiculous. I’m in favor of this particular one, because it’s what the voters wanted, and because I don’t live in this city.

I’m going to have a lot of fun watching all those YouTube videos of criminals in New York City who are smart enough to realize that they will never be prosecuted. How can I even blame them, when the person in charge of running the city is telling them that it’s OK for them to do what they are doing? The people of New York City are about to get exactly what they voted for, and I am going to have a lot of fun watching it happen.
hes in violation f his oath of office,,, so long as the law says its illegal he has no choice,,
the level hes doing it he should be charges as an accomplice,,

I support Alvin Bragg’s decision not to prosecute theft as well. Once a "person" gets into the "system" it is too hard to get out.
Keep giving them chances. Eventually they will stop. Either they get bored of doing crimes or unfortunately, killed while committing a crime.
Eventually, anyone can become a productive member of society.

Don't forget, this doesn't hurt those in power in New York and it doesn't hurt criminals, who it does hurt are the average everyday people that are the victims. That includes people who didn't vote for this or want bragg. If it doesn't hurt them directly it still hurts the city they live in and makes it less safe.

It also hurts America as a whole, especially when it's going on in one of America's more influential states and cities.

It isn't like new york is 100% all democrats, there are a whole lot of people who aren't and don't deserve this to happen.

So I don't support this at all. New York and America deserves better and this shouldn't be tolerated.

Amen. Let the lefties have what they want in their own land. Trouble is, they never figure out that their cities turned into shithole cities because of their shithole policies. Then they think taxing the rich more will solve their problems. They never learn and it just keeps on getting worse and worse, with many of their own constituents moving for redder pastures.

/——/ My circle of family and friends here on Long Island , maybe 30 to 40 including kids will never set foot in Manhattan again. No more Broadway plays, dinners, shopping or museums. Not worth the risk getting robbed or worse.

The thieves also applaud Bragg. That’s a crucial endorsement.

I support Alvin Bragg’s decision not to prosecute theft as well. Once a "person" gets into the "system" it is too hard to get out.
Keep giving them chances. Eventually they will stop. Either they get bored of doing crimes or unfortunately, killed while committing a crime.
billy-mays-you-shittin-me.gif

Bragg is full of crap. It is not his place to make that call. He was elected prosecutor, now king of Law, able to say what laws he will prosecute. If a law is not to be prosecuted the legislature should vote to take it off the books. Until then, if the evidence overwhelmingly proves it prosecutable and winnable in court, the prosecutor's job is carry out and enforce the laws, not waste pity on the criminal committing the crimes against the good citizens.

I don't like to quote myself, but I must add to this.

Keeping People Out of Jail Keeps People Out of Jail​

To reduce incarceration, some counties and cities have stopped automatically prosecuting minor nonviolent crimes — and crime overall has gone down. A wave of policy and policing reform has followed.

Do you know why they love to lock people up? Big Business. Yes. There are massive costs to incarcerating people.
Trust me, you are not getting any cookies out of their jar.....

billy-mays-you-shittin-me.gif

Bragg is full of crap. It is not his place to make that call. He was elected prosecutor, now king of Law, able to say what laws he will prosecute. If a law is not to be prosecuted the legislature should vote to take it off the books. Until then, if the evidence overwhelmingly proves it prosecutable and winnable in court, the prosecutor's job is carry out and enforce the laws, not waste pity on the criminal committing the crimes against the good citizens.
refer to post 17. This is not a joke. This is real. America should rethink how it deals minor with non violent crimes

Keeping People Out of Jail Keeps People Out of Jail​

To reduce incarceration, some counties and cities have stopped automatically prosecuting minor nonviolent crimes — and crime overall has gone down. A wave of policy and policing reform has followed.

As more stores close and honest citizens flee.

Hey, where did they park their tax base??
:muahaha:

Cool experiment. Let's try another one!
:rofl:

The experiment has already been tried in San Francisco. That's why all the Walgreens closed up and other stores that followed.

The only way for a store to stay open with a high amount of theft is to increase prices, as if the cost of living isn't high enough in the commie city. Because of that people and businesses are leaving in droves, but when does a Democrat ever learn?

So keep pushing people out of your city genius. Those empty store fronts will look so attractive to all the illegals that migrated there.

Forum List

Back