As someone who does not live in New York City, I support Alvin Bragg’s decision not to prosecute theft

refer to post 17. This is not a joke. This is real. America should rethink how it deals minor with non violent crimes

Keeping People Out of Jail Keeps People Out of Jail​

To reduce incarceration, some counties and cities have stopped automatically prosecuting minor nonviolent crimes — and crime overall has gone down. A wave of policy and policing reform has followed.
If we have laws, we either have them or we don't. It may be a foreign concept to you, but it is up to people (including minors ) to not commit crimes that will send them to jail. It is not as if they had no concept of right vs wrong. It is, in fact their choice. Personally, I think parents of kids committing crimes, violent acts, destructive acts, etc should automatically face charges also, as parents are supposed to be responsible for their children until age of 18. It is permissiveness that encourages this behavior. Parents have a responsibility to teach their children how to live within the law and customary acceptable behavior in society. Your solution (and Bragg's) is to externalize the cost and hardships of the kid's actions and misdeed to the people (including the business owners, other adults and children) in the community. This idea only encourages the criminal acts, as they go unpunished, basically saying "OK, parents never taught them, so the community must accept the behavior, no matter the losses, placing the misdeeds of those kids above the law, and classifying as acceptable behavior.
People like you are part of the problem, not part of the solution.

The experiment has already been tried in San Francisco. That's why all the Walgreens closed up and other stores that followed.

The only way for a store to stay open with a high amount of theft is to increase prices, as if the cost of living isn't high enough in the commie city. Because of that people and businesses are leaving in droves, but when does a Democrat ever learn?

So keep pushing people out of your city genius. Those empty store fronts will look so attractive to all the illegals that migrated there.

These assinine experiments must be coming from commie faculty lounge twits holding themselves out as experts!

The same ones who couldn't change a tire on a deserted country road if their puny lives depended on it!!

This article from Fox News is called, Alvin Bragg promises not to prosecute theft to establish ‘racial equity’ balance: ‘Crime of poverty’.

I support the right of the 50 states and their respective cities to engage in different kinds of experiments, including ones that I think are ridiculous. I’m in favor of this particular one, because it’s what the voters wanted, and because I don’t live in this city.

I’m going to have a lot of fun watching all those YouTube videos of criminals in New York City who are smart enough to realize that they will never be prosecuted. How can I even blame them, when the person in charge of running the city is telling them that it’s OK for them to do what they are doing? The people of New York City are about to get exactly what they voted for, and I am going to have a lot of fun watching it happen.
I'd support him as well ... if I were a thief.

This article from Fox News is called, Alvin Bragg promises not to prosecute theft to establish ‘racial equity’ balance: ‘Crime of poverty’.

I support the right of the 50 states and their respective cities to engage in different kinds of experiments, including ones that I think are ridiculous. I’m in favor of this particular one, because it’s what the voters wanted, and because I don’t live in this city.

I’m going to have a lot of fun watching all those YouTube videos of criminals in New York City who are smart enough to realize that they will never be prosecuted. How can I even blame them, when the person in charge of running the city is telling them that it’s OK for them to do what they are doing? The people of New York City are about to get exactly what they voted for, and I am going to have a lot of fun watching it happen.
Exactly. Stay out.

refer to post 17. This is not a joke. This is real. America should rethink how it deals minor with non violent crimes

Keeping People Out of Jail Keeps People Out of Jail​

To reduce incarceration, some counties and cities have stopped automatically prosecuting minor nonviolent crimes — and crime overall has gone down. A wave of policy and policing reform has followed.
Crime has not gone down

It just isnt being reported anymore

Fake news:

The experiment has already been tried in San Francisco. That's why all the Walgreens closed up and other stores that followed.

The only way for a store to stay open with a high amount of theft is to increase prices, as if the cost of living isn't high enough in the commie city. Because of that people and businesses are leaving in droves, but when does a Democrat ever learn?

So keep pushing people out of your city genius. Those empty store fronts will look so attractive to all the illegals that migrated there.
Fake news. People are prosecuted for theft in NYC:

Threads without a link are allegedly against the rules. I've head a couple removed after posting no lnk.
The lack of action against the link-less thread can be explained by the fact that all mods are right-wing nuts who only "enforce" the rules against liberals.
I think the OP is embarrassed because the link he has is an article from December 2021, before Bragg even took office. So he won't even post it because he wants to pretend that Bragg isn't prosecuting theft.

These assinine experiments must be coming from commie faculty lounge twits holding themselves out as experts!

The same ones who couldn't change a tire on a deserted country road if their puny lives depended on it!!

It's just looking out for your own kind. People that rob, steal, physically attack other people are criminals, but so are the people in the Democrat party. That's why commie states want felons to be able to vote. In Maine, they can even vote from prison.

Problem: There is a disproportionate amount of blacks in prison. Blacks vote heavily Democrat. How can we solve this problem? Put less blacks in prison.

Fake news. People are prosecuted for theft in NYC:

Yeah, we know all about it:

Rodney Johnson, 53, who has nearly 90 busts on his rap sheet and two state prison stints under his belt, saw his felony robbery charges knocked down to slap-on-the-wrist misdemeanors by Bragg’s office last week, law enforcement sources told The Post Tuesday.

“This guy has been breaking the law for 35 years,” one law enforcement source said.

“He’s been a one-man robbery spree preying on low-wage workers, then when the cops catch the guy, Bragg’s office downgrades the felon charges,” the sources said.

At 8:20 a.m. that day, he allegedly walked into a CVS on West 23rd Street and stole several items, including air freshener and detergent, with cops charging Johnson with third-degree attempted robbery, the records show.

At 12:38 p.m., he allegedly went into a Walgreens on West 30th Street and stole more merchandise — and threatened workers with pepper spray when confronted, according to records.

Police charged him with third-degree robbery in that incident.

But in court, prosecutors with Bragg’s office dropped the charges to menacing and petit larceny — both misdemeanors.

Johnson’s criminal history dates to 1987, and includes a string of larceny and robbery busts and a 2005 domestic violence rap after he allegedly threatened to kill his ex-girlfriend’s daughter.

He has also served state prison time on a 1994 robbery conviction and a 1998 grand larceny conviction, state correction records show.

If we have laws, we either have them or we don't. It may be a foreign concept to you, but it is up to people (including minors ) to not commit crimes that will send them to jail. It is not as if they had no concept of right vs wrong. It is, in fact their choice. Personally, I think parents of kids committing crimes, violent acts, destructive acts, etc should automatically face charges also, as parents are supposed to be responsible for their children until age of 18. It is permissiveness that encourages this behavior. Parents have a responsibility to teach their children how to live within the law and customary acceptable behavior in society. Your solution (and Bragg's) is to externalize the cost and hardships of the kid's actions and misdeed to the people (including the business owners, other adults and children) in the community. This idea only encourages the criminal acts, as they go unpunished, basically saying "OK, parents never taught them, so the community must accept the behavior, no matter the losses, placing the misdeeds of those kids above the law, and classifying as acceptable behavior.
People like you are part of the problem, not part of the solution.
I respectfully disagree with you
1. I have never committed a crime. I am not part of any problem.
2. The studies do not lie.
In summary,
Both sides of the political fence in the U.S. agree that mass incarceration isn’t working. It is expensive, discriminatory and has serious societal consequences. Crime has, in general, been trending down for decades (even in 2020, despite public perception) while prisons just keep filling up. The partisans may disagree on the best way to lower the prison population, but the good news is they agree it has to happen. The present system is unsustainable.

Last edited:
billy-mays-you-shittin-me.gif

Bragg is full of crap. It is not his place to make that call. He was elected prosecutor, now king of Law, able to say what laws he will prosecute. If a law is not to be prosecuted the legislature should vote to take it off the books. Until then, if the evidence overwhelmingly proves it prosecutable and winnable in court, the prosecutor's job is carry out and enforce the laws, not waste pity on the criminal committing the crimes against the good citizens.
Unfortunately the still provides for prosecutorial discretion so he does have the right to say which laws he will prosecute.

Democrats are getting closer and closer to the big change in the criminal code they want to make. Crime as a form of reparations and legal for a black to do.

I support Alvin Bragg’s decision not to prosecute theft as well. Once a "person" gets into the "system" it is too hard to get out.
Keep giving them chances. Eventually they will stop. Either they get bored of doing crimes or unfortunately, killed while committing a crime.
Eventually, anyone can become a productive member of society.

No
Not really.
Though I do like the ghetto rats getting dead part of your post.

billy-mays-you-shittin-me.gif

Bragg is full of crap. It is not his place to make that call. He was elected prosecutor, now king of Law, able to say what laws he will prosecute. If a law is not to be prosecuted the legislature should vote to take it off the books. Until then, if the evidence overwhelmingly proves it prosecutable and winnable in court, the prosecutor's job is carry out and enforce the laws, not waste pity on the criminal committing the crimes against the good citizens.

Actually he has the discretion to decide which cases are winnable.
He is on your team.

You lied about Alvin Bragg deciding not to prosecute theft.

In other news, Amazon is changing their tune on Alexandria Ocassio-Cortez, saying they now owe her a debt of gratitude.

I support Alvin Bragg’s decision not to prosecute theft as well. Once a "person" gets into the "system" it is too hard to get out.
Keep giving them chances. Eventually they will stop. Either they get bored of doing crimes or unfortunately, killed while committing a crime.
Eventually, anyone can become a productive member of society.
Crazy ^^^

Actually he has the discretion to decide which cases are winnable.
He is on your team.
And, winnable should be the deciding factor. In New York, it is apparently winnable to prosecute a john for hiring a hooker, but no longer winnable to prosecute a hooker for selling pussy across from a church or school. If you don't want to go to jail and are a badass, you will not be prosecuted for resisting arrest, as that is now unwinnable. You won't go to jail for selling pot if you do not get caught selling more than 3 ounces as that is unwinnable, but more than that is as winnable as ever.

It's hard to even imagine how people can live in such conditions and STILL support the party that caused it.

Easy, just have a large Congressional delegation and get your money out of the Federal coffers, like California does. There is a reason why California is going to continue to count criminal illegal aliens and their babies as 'citizens' in their Census; it keeps around 20 of their 52 seats in Congress warm for them.

Over 36% of New York City's population is foreign born. they account for 5 of NY state's seats.

'Diversity' means demanding America becomes the same shitholes these 'refugees' turned their own countries into, so they feel 'included' here. We need to start opening Congressional sessions by sacrificing chickens and doing voodoo dances.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back