As with most everything else, the U.S. is the W.H.O. biggest contributor. Who do you think #2 is ?

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Germany ?
Britain ?
China ?
Russia ?
Mexico :biggrin:
Japan ?
France ?

Ok, I won't keep you guessing any further.

It's Bill Gates.

World Health Organization: Gates Foundation Now Second Largest Funder After U.S. Government

Providing proof that the independence of the World Health Organization (WHO) has been severely compromised, a document from the 2018 annual meeting of the World Health Assembly (WHA), the WHO’s decision-making body, gives revealing details of where the organization’s funding comes from. During 2017, the total amount of money provided to the WHO by countries was exceeded by that coming from non-state actors, including the pharmaceutical industry. The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation contributed almost $327 million to the WHO’s General and Fiduciary Funds, making it the second-largest donor overall. The only donations to these funds higher than those of the Gates Foundation came from the government of the United States.

Money donated by countries to the WHO’s General and Fiduciary Funds totaled $1.06 billion in 2017. This was less than the contributions from non-state actors, which amounted to $1.08 billion. Along with the Gates Foundation, other prominent sources of funding included the Brussels EU Commission, which gave over $84 million; the ‘Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria’, an organization promoting the use of antiretroviral drugs and other pharmaceutical approaches, which contributed over $16 million; and UNITAID, another organization promoting the use of pharmaceuticals, which gave almost $30 million.

Germany ?
Britain ?
China ?
Russia ?
Japan ?
France ?

It's Bill Gates.

World Health Organization: Gates Foundation Now Second Largest Funder After U.S. Government

Providing proof that the independence of the World Health Organization (WHO) has been severely compromised, a document from the 2018 annual meeting of the World Health Assembly (WHA), the WHO’s decision-making body, gives revealing details of where the organization’s funding comes from. During 2017, the total amount of money provided to the WHO by countries was exceeded by that coming from non-state actors, including the pharmaceutical industry. The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation contributed almost $327 million to the WHO’s General and Fiduciary Funds, making it the second-largest donor overall. The only donations to these funds higher than those of the Gates Foundation came from the government of the United States.

Money donated by countries to the WHO’s General and Fiduciary Funds totaled $1.06 billion in 2017. This was less than the contributions from non-state actors, which amounted to $1.08 billion. Along with the Gates Foundation, other prominent sources of funding included the Brussels EU Commission, which gave over $84 million; the ‘Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria’, an organization promoting the use of antiretroviral drugs and other pharmaceutical approaches, which contributed over $16 million; and UNITAID, another organization promoting the use of pharmaceuticals, which gave almost $30 million.

Okay ----- and?

I'll admit I'm no fan of Microsoft but at least here's a gazillionaire putting his money to productive use.

Btw you know this isn't going to sit well with your fellow far-right crackpots who want to sell the mythology that only conservatives contribute to charity, you know that, right?

Germany ?
Britain ?
China ?
Russia ?
Japan ?
France ?

It's Bill Gates.

Okay ----- and?

I'll admit I'm no fan of Microsoft but at least here's a gazillionaire putting his money to productive use.

Btw you know this isn't going to sit well with your fellow far-right crackpots who want to sell the mythology that only conservatives contribute to charity, you know that, right?

And you think he doesnt expect a return on that investment?
As I've said repeatedly.....you're an absolute moron.

Germany ?
Britain ?
China ?
Russia ?
Japan ?
France ?

It's Bill Gates.

Okay ----- and?

Putting his money to productive use? Do you mean like murdering unborn children?

Bill Gates Sends Over $11 Million to Pro-Abortion Group Pushing Population Control Worldwide

I think it's truly interesting that one man (an American of course) is single-handedly giving out more money to this organization, than any country except for the U.S.

Looks to me like, as with everything else, the rest of the world expects Americans to pay the most. If we're not paying for the healthcare of illegal aliens, we're forking out the most for the rest of the worlds benefit.
The rest of the world should drop to their knees and than god for American capitalism !

Looks to me like, as with everything else, the rest of the world expects Americans to pay the most.
Ah, so we do this not because we are moral leaders, but because other countries say we should. I guess that makes sense, if you don't think about it.
but but i thought the US was a racist evil capitalist empire that got its wealth by oppressing others and keeping the poor poor and making the rich richer ......

Interesting. We'll make Bill Gates the number one donor when we take the US funding of the WHO down to zero.

Looks to me like, as with everything else, the rest of the world expects Americans to pay the most.
Ah, so we do this not because we are moral leaders, but because other countries say we should. I guess that makes sense, if you don't think about it.

We do it, because despite you guys, capitalism works so well, we are able to always come to the rescue.

Germany ?
Britain ?
China ?
Russia ?
Japan ?
France ?

It's Bill Gates.

This is just out! Thought this was an amusing article.

Enjoy!

but but i thought the US was a racist evil capitalist empire that got its wealth by oppressing others and keeping the poor poor and making the rich richer ......

All those in corporate America are evil humans that only care about money! Of course Bill Gates expects money and special favors from WHO because all those in the upper throes of corporate America are evil and stole every penny they have.

We need to take all their money and give it to the Democratic Party, the symbol for social justice for the elite.

Germany ?
Britain ?
China ?
Russia ?
Japan ?
France ?

It's Bill Gates.

Okay ----- and?

And you think he doesnt expect a return on that investment?
As I've said repeatedly.....you're an absolute moron.

I guess this will come as an astounding revelation to a greed-centred sociopathic Ferengi moron, but charitable donations are not "investments". Apparently the concept of philanthropy is entirely foreign to your little hopelessly egocentric bubble. Moreover moron, WHO doesn't SELL anything anyway.

I guess it's a good day when the first post one reads is also the stupidest. All downhill from here.

Forum List

Back