🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Ask A Prepper...

While we’re all aware of the current inconveniences imposed upon us by the Wuhan virus; many of you may be unaware of what to do, to alleviate the stresses caused by this panic.
So if you find yourself in the category of being unprepared, those of us who are prepared may be able to answer some questions you may have. And once this blows over you may be able to use what you have learned from this experience, to avoid these hardships the next time around.
So... Ask a prepper.
Why are the preppers downplaying the crisis, yet also prepping? Is this way to advance your own position, in hopefully convincing others not to prep and so not make resources scarce for yourselves?
No. We advance this position so that... When this media driven non-crisis passes... The intelligent amongst you wont be so unprepared next time; that we have to risk our own lives, or yours, to see the next sunrise...

The creepy thing about extreme preppers is that the good times don't interest them. They live for this kind of stuff.

Operative word there is "extreme"

People that are taking reasonable or even a bit over the top precautions aren't scared or "living for" disaster, chaos, death and destruction.

You may be watching too many reality shows that always focus on the extreme of all things.

The intelligent amongst you wont be so unprepared next time
That makes exactly no sense, in response to what I said. Urging others not to worry and prep makes them more prepared? I think you might need to re read my question and fashion a better response.

I’m thinking many employers will offer the same if they can.
True. However, some industries can't do that. Grocery stores and food distribution centers. Banking. Healthcare. First responders.

Some of the fast food chains here are only taking orders through drive up. Maybe others like grocery stores will utilize their online ordering/curb side pick up?

People in healthcare with limited patient interaction will probably work from home.

Whatever you are, perhaps some people have learned you aren't a nut job if you keep supplies on hand. We do. I was in walmart and the other food store here and none of them have any toilet paper. Walmart is out of bottled water, and many shelves were empty. They did have plenty of food, meat, canned, produce, but some things were gone. Most of the bacon was gone.

The creepy thing about extreme preppers is that the good times don't interest them. They live for this kind of stuff.
Prepping is a good thing, but I agree some of the people you see with videos on YouTube are just greedy and they annoy me with their need to clear shelves of product when their basements are already full of crap.
show me one person with a full basement clearing any shelves???

Might need to revisit your own interpretation of "prepared"...
Does it involve taking the advice of fools who think they have outsmarted the experts? Because I don't think it does.
No one asked what you thought...
Well, then maybe your skin is a wee bit too thin for a public forum. Not a good trait for a tinfoil hat wearing prepper....
Or maybe no one cares what your proclaimed "experts" think. Especially when they themselves arent "survivors"of tragedy.

Prepping is a good thing, but I agree some of the people you see with videos on YouTube are just greedy and they annoy me with their need to clear shelves of product when their basements are already full of crap.
I’ve seen plenty of them buy dozens of boxes of name brand cold medicine’s at a time every time they hit the shelves at places like Dollar Tree,Dollar General etc. Same goes for other name brand items. And they usually shop several times a week at multiple stores while everyone else is out working.

Might need to revisit your own interpretation of "prepared"...
Does it involve taking the advice of fools who think they have outsmarted the experts? Because I don't think it does.
No one asked what you thought...

that never stopped him,,,his biggest troll is editing a comment out of context and trying to mock you with it,,,hes a troll of the highest order,,,
Funny... I found him to be as inconsequential as errant dog shit pried from my boot heel, and unceremoniously discarded without afterthought...

I’ve seen plenty of them buy dozens of boxes of name brand cold medicine’s at a time every time they hit the shelves at places like Dollar Tree,Dollar General etc. Same goes for other name brand items. And they usually shop several times a week at multiple stores while everyone else is out working.
sure you do,,,and how do you know their basements are full???

and IF you are seeing them there several times a week that means youre there too,,,doing what we will never know,,,but since you claim to be a prepper are you doing the same thing??

Last edited:

and IF you are seeing them there several times a week that means your there too,,,doing what we will never know,,,but since you claim to be a prepper are you doing the same thing??

They tell you ( and show video on YouTube of their stock piles which they are extremely proud of). I don’t need to be out following them around. They post video daily. I actually watch/ listen to multiple types of Podcasts from true crime to movie reviews on my phone while working. Run across these videos in between. Some are informative others are just hoarders.

and IF you are seeing them there several times a week that means your there too,,,doing what we will never know,,,but since you claim to be a prepper are you doing the same thing??

They tell you ( and show video on YouTube of their stock piles which they are extremely proud of). I don’t need to be out following them around. They post video daily. I actually watch/ listen to multiple types of Podcasts from true crime to movie reviews on my phone while working. Run across these videos in between. Some are informative others are just hoarders.
can you post one of these videos???

as for the one buying cold medicine, its a better chance their running a meth lab not a prepper storage,,,

and you should also learn the difference between hoarding and stockpiling,,,filling up your reserves during a time of abundance doesnt effect anything during a time of scarcity like we see now,,it actually helps it by not making you another burden on the system,,,

While we’re all aware of the current inconveniences imposed upon us by the Wuhan virus; many of you may be unaware of what to do, to alleviate the stresses caused by this panic.
So if you find yourself in the category of being unprepared, those of us who are prepared may be able to answer some questions you may have. And once this blows over you may be able to use what you have learned from this experience, to avoid these hardships the next time around.
So... Ask a prepper.
Preppers are weirdos. I would advise everyone to avoid listening to their paranoid delusions.

can you post one of these videos???

as for the one buying cold medicine, its a better chance their running a meth lab not a prepper storage,,,

and you should also learn the difference between hoarding and stockpiling,,,filling up your reserves during a time of abundance doesnt effect anything during a time of scarcity like we see now,,it actually helps it by not making you another burden on the system,,,

I think you are assuming I am calling all preppers hoarders. I am not. I am specifically talking about some of the preppers that constantly shop at all the stores online and local (daily) and post youtube videos showing their hauls. These people spend hundreds of dollars a week...then they turn around and rush to Costco, Sams Club,Walmart,Grocery stores and DT panic buying along with everyone else when they already have a basement full of supplies. These are the people I think tend to be annoying.

I’m not talking about the grandma teaching people how to budget to build up your pantry Incase of emergency, what to buy and then posting cooking/ canning videos.

Or the older gentleman with health issues showing you what he is buying to self quarantine. And good items to have on hand Incase of an emergency.

Forum List

Back