🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Ask A Prepper...

famous
While we’re all aware of the current inconveniences imposed upon us by the Wuhan virus; many of you may be unaware of what to do, to alleviate the stresses caused by this panic.
So if you find yourself in the category of being unprepared, those of us who are prepared may be able to answer some questions you may have. And once this blows over you may be able to use what you have learned from this experience, to avoid these hardships the next time around.
So... Ask a prepper.
Preppers are weirdos. I would advise everyone to avoid listening to their paranoid delusions.
so I guess you will be cancelling the insurance on your house and removing all fire extinguishers form it as well???
Prepping to go weeks or months without food is nutty.
famous last words,,,

While we’re all aware of the current inconveniences imposed upon us by the Wuhan virus; many of you may be unaware of what to do, to alleviate the stresses caused by this panic.
So if you find yourself in the category of being unprepared, those of us who are prepared may be able to answer some questions you may have. And once this blows over you may be able to use what you have learned from this experience, to avoid these hardships the next time around.
So... Ask a prepper.
Preppers are weirdos. I would advise everyone to avoid listening to their paranoid delusions.
so I guess you will be cancelling the insurance on your house and removing all fire extinguishers form it as well???
Mormons encourage their people to have a year's worth of stored food. Makes sense to me.

Why?
Because that has never been an issue for my entire life.
So, because it has never happened to you, you think it can never happen to you?

A look through history teaches us that bad times are always just a moment away.
Any event that empties all grocery stores in the US will be so catastrophic that your canned goods wont save you.

preppers fill their supplies during times of abundance not times like this,,,this is what they prepare for and by doing so lifts the burden on others in these times,,,

Might need to revisit your own interpretation of "prepared"...
Does it involve taking the advice of fools who think they have outsmarted the experts? Because I don't think it does.

I've noticed that you constantly talk about "experts." People like you are so easy for the powers-that-be to manipulate and control. All they have to do is trot out some "expert" to convince the public of whatever it is they're trying to convince people of, and that's all it takes for you. lolol

Do Preppers ever get laid?
Yup. That’s how we ended up with children. And the likelihood of getting laid in times of crisis only increases when one has food, water, and other items, and the stores, or you don’t. It’s simple economics...

So... Ask a prepper.

Did you stock up on TP, and do peepers still buy the hell out of condoms for storing water?
I maintain a steady supply of TP. As for condoms I do have them, though I have multiple better options for storing water at home.

So... Ask a prepper.

Did you stock up on TP, and do peepers still buy the hell out of condoms for storing water?
I maintain a steady supply of TP. As for condoms I do have them, though I have multiple better options for storing water at home.

I prefer bottles.

So... Ask a prepper.
Not preparing to sustain yourself, and your family is irresponsible, stupid, and dangerous.

I'm not a prepper but in cases like this, preppers seems to be the most rational ones! :2up:

We need to be smart, don't overreact and just lean into the turns. Don't let this shit throw you. It's gonna pass when it passes. Testing? I don't see the big deal of getting tested then infecting 10 more people while you're waiting for your positive test result to arrive in the mail 4 days later.
in South Korea and China, they had test results 4 to 6 hours from when you were tested? Is it really taking 4 days??? Really? wow!

So... Ask a prepper.
Not preparing to sustain yourself, and your family is irresponsible, stupid, and dangerous.
Never in my lifetime has food storage been necessary. Its possible that a sniper could target me, but its highly unlikely, therefore i dont wear a bullet proof vest at all times either. That would be just as silly as storing food.

Instead of buying one item at the supermarket ...get two, if possible....but don't become irrational!

It's not necessary. Relax.

in South Korea and China, they had test results 4 to 6 hours from when you were tested? Is it really taking 4 days??? Really? wow!

We have drive thru testing here. I'm not gonna do it, though. I'll just let my immune system do its thing.

They're probably putting everyone in some Orwellian database to be later merged into the National ID database. lol.

Just watching the cable news entertainment programming, it looks like governments all over the nation are really manipulating the scare to overreach just a tad. Militarized ''containment zones.'' Banned assembly. And all sorts of other nonsense. Even public curfews now. Pffft.

I thought we were lions.

This whole thing stinks of the same power grab they took after 9/11.

Last edited:
So... Ask a prepper.
Never in my lifetime has food storage been necessary. Its possible that a sniper could target me, but its highly unlikely, therefore i dont wear a bullet proof vest at all times either. That would be just as silly as storing food.
Apparently you haven’t been to the store in the last few days...

We have plumbing issues and have been without running water in the whole house for over two weeks now, other than one outside faucet, that leaks, so if we get the ice cold and sorta muddy water from it, we have to shimmy through our crawl space to the turn off valve inside to turn it on and turn it off before and after using outside, to stop the drip.....

pain in the butt, of all times for us to be in this kind of situation! darn it!

so we have been buying water.... fill up station called primo water at walmarts and hanaford grocery store for about 40 cents a gallon, and we got it down to using about 5 to10 gallons a day.... we have to go to the laundromat for washing clothes... which we haven't had to do since we were first married and were young kids :)
... HOLY CRAP..... it's $3.5o a wash, and another $2 to dry, each load!..... it was 50 cents a load when we last did it at a L-mat...!!!

Any way, we likely will all, (but me), have running water.... but if you ever need some living without running water tips... for dishes, toilets, showers, n cleaning.... i've picked up a few the past couple of weeks!!!

If we we get the two weeks off, Matt plans on doing most of the work, but if not, we do have a plumber scheduled in a week.... hopefully he can still come! :eek:

I did buy one of those portable countertop gravity filtration systems for water and a bunch of filters a few days ago in my panic, in case we get quarantined to home, can't buy water and have to use the faucet outside with water from our well, which is a little muddy or rusty, without going through a filter.... it won't arrive for a week or two, if mail still delivers? And if the plumber makes it and can fix it all, won't need it, until the proverbial zombie apocalypse.... :D

we are not professional preparers, but since 9/11 and then moving to Maine with ice storms and electricity loss for days at a time, we began our venture of being prepared....

I thought we were lions.
We are the Lion in the Wizard of Oz! :)

if you have any symptoms, you should get tested... just so you can self quarantine yourself, and not infect the vulnerable, and end up killing them....imo. :eek:
(the gvt has got all the data they need on you already... )

I was at my local grocery store on Friday. All was normal, as usual. You cant find Purell, but thats about it.

We have plumbing issues and have been without running water in the whole house for over two weeks now, other than one outside faucet, that leaks, so if we get the ice cold and sorta muddy water from it, we have to shimmy through our crawl space to the turn off valve inside to turn it on and turn it off before and after using outside, to stop the drip.....

pain in the butt, of all times for us to be in this kind of situation! darn it!

so we have been buying water.... fill up station called primo water at walmarts and hanaford grocery store for about 40 cents a gallon, and we got it down to using about 5 to10 gallons a day.... we have to go to the laundromat for washing clothes... which we haven't had to do since we were first married and were young kids :)
... HOLY CRAP..... it's $3.5o a wash, and another $2 to dry, each load!..... it was 50 cents a load when we last did it at a L-mat...!!!

Any way, we likely will all, (but me), have running water.... but if you ever need some living without running water tips... for dishes, toilets, showers, n cleaning.... i've picked up a few the past couple of weeks!!!

If we we get the two weeks off, Matt plans on doing most of the work, but if not, we do have a plumber scheduled in a week.... hopefully he can still come! :eek:

I did buy one of those portable countertop gravity filtration systems for water and a bunch of filters a few days ago in my panic, in case we get quarantined to home, can't buy water and have to use the faucet outside with water from our well, which is a little muddy or rusty, without going through a filter.... it won't arrive for a week or two, if mail still delivers? And if the plumber makes it and can fix it all, won't need it, until the proverbial zombie apocalypse.... :D

we are not professional preparers, but since 9/11 and then moving to Maine with ice storms and electricity loss for days at a time, we began our venture of being prepared....
Your story highlights the prudence of prepping. While many of the uninitiated imagine prepping to only be useful during, and after the “zombie apocalypse”... The reality is far less hip, and sexy. The reality is that shit happens. And when the shit hits the fan it can be, and often is a localized event, and sometimes even an individualized event. Such as in your case with your plumbing going out. Now imagine two of those events happening at the same time. Your plumbing goes out, and there’s a shortage of water at the store! Sounds fantastical, yet here we are. This should provide all the incentive a skeptic should need, to make sure that this doesn’t happen to them. But alas foolish people are foolhardy, and often times can only be taught life’s lessons the hard way...

Last edited:
I was at my local grocery store on Friday. All was normal, as usual. You cant find Purell, but thats about it.
Cool story.

Forum List

Back