🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Ask A Prepper...

While we’re all aware of the current inconveniences imposed upon us by the Wuhan virus; many of you may be unaware of what to do, to alleviate the stresses caused by this panic.
So if you find yourself in the category of being unprepared, those of us who are prepared may be able to answer some questions you may have. And once this blows over you may be able to use what you have learned from this experience, to avoid these hardships the next time around.
So... Ask a prepper.
Preppers are weirdos. I would advise everyone to avoid listening to their paranoid delusions.
so I guess you will be cancelling the insurance on your house and removing all fire extinguishers form it as well???

show me one person with a full basement clearing any shelves???
I’ve seen plenty of them buy dozens of boxes of name brand cold medicine’s at a time every time they hit the shelves at places like Dollar Tree,Dollar General etc. Same goes for other name brand items. And they usually shop several times a week at multiple stores while everyone else is out working.
sure you do,,,and how do you know their basements are full???

and IF you are seeing them there several times a week that means your there too,,,doing what we will never know,,,but since you claim to be a prepper are you doing the same thing??

They tell you ( and show video on YouTube of their stock piles which they are extremely proud of). I don’t need to be out following them around. They post video daily. I actually watch/ listen to multiple types of Podcasts from true crime to movie reviews on my phone while working. Run across these videos in between. Some are informative others are just hoarders.
can you post one of these videos???

as for the one buying cold medicine, its a better chance their running a meth lab not a prepper storage,,,

and you should also learn the difference between hoarding and stockpiling,,,filling up your reserves during a time of abundance doesnt effect anything during a time of scarcity like we see now,,it actually helps it by not making you another burden on the system,,,

I think you are assuming I am calling all preppers hoarders. I am not. I am specifically talking about some of the preppers that constantly shop at all the stores online and local (daily) and post youtube videos showing their hauls. These people spend hundreds of dollars a week...then they turn around and rush to Costco, Sams Club,Walmart,Grocery stores and DT panic buying along with everyone else when they already have a basement full of supplies. These are the people I think tend to be annoying.

I’m not talking about the grandma teaching people how to budget to build up your pantry Incase of emergency, what to buy and then posting cooking/ canning videos.

Or the older gentleman with health issues showing you what he is buying to self quarantine. And good items to have on hand Incase of an emergency.

again,,,you should learn the difference between hoarding and stockpiling in times of abundance,,,

I doubt any preppers are out right now causing a bigger burden on the system,,,but there are a lot of hoarders doing it,,,

While we’re all aware of the current inconveniences imposed upon us by the Wuhan virus; many of you may be unaware of what to do, to alleviate the stresses caused by this panic.
So if you find yourself in the category of being unprepared, those of us who are prepared may be able to answer some questions you may have. And once this blows over you may be able to use what you have learned from this experience, to avoid these hardships the next time around.
So... Ask a prepper.
Preppers are weirdos. I would advise everyone to avoid listening to their paranoid delusions.

So the Emergency Management Agencies are telling people to prepare for disasters, thus making them Preppers, and are run by Weirdos? Wild man.

The creepy thing about extreme preppers is that the good times don't interest them. They live for this kind of stuff.
Prepping is a good thing, but I agree some of the people you see with videos on YouTube are just greedy and they annoy me with their need to clear shelves of product when their basements are already full of crap.
I’ve seen plenty of them buy dozens of boxes of name brand cold medicine’s at a time every time they hit the shelves at places like Dollar Tree,Dollar General etc. Same goes for other name brand items. And they usually shop several times a week at multiple stores while everyone else is out working.
These people are probably resellers, selling these items on Amazon. Go to YouTube and search "Amazon fba". I personally know one individual who buys books, detergent and candy and other items mostly from Dollar Tree or Dollar General and sells these items marked up 3 to 4 times.

He also buys used electronics and toys from the Salvation Army and resells them on Amazon. Lots of people do this because there are so many stupid and lazy millennials who only buy on Amazon and will gladly pay $4 for the same thing they could have gotten at The Dollar Tree for $1

and IF you are seeing them there several times a week that means your there too,,,doing what we will never know,,,but since you claim to be a prepper are you doing the same thing??

They tell you ( and show video on YouTube of their stock piles which they are extremely proud of). I don’t need to be out following them around. They post video daily. I actually watch/ listen to multiple types of Podcasts from true crime to movie reviews on my phone while working. Run across these videos in between. Some are informative others are just hoarders.

as for the one buying cold medicine, its a better chance their running a meth lab not a prepper storage,,,

and you should also learn the difference between hoarding and stockpiling,,,filling up your reserves during a time of abundance doesnt effect anything during a time of scarcity like we see now,,it actually helps it by not making you another burden on the system,,,

I think you are assuming I am calling all preppers hoarders. I am not. I am specifically talking about some of the preppers that constantly shop at all the stores online and local (daily) and post youtube videos showing their hauls. These people spend hundreds of dollars a week...then they turn around and rush to Costco, Sams Club,Walmart,Grocery stores and DT panic buying along with everyone else when they already have a basement full of supplies. These are the people I think tend to be annoying.

I’m not talking about the grandma teaching people how to budget to build up your pantry Incase of emergency, what to buy and then posting cooking/ canning videos.

Or the older gentleman with health issues showing you what he is buying to self quarantine. And good items to have on hand Incase of an emergency.

again,,,you should learn the difference between hoarding and stockpiling in times of abundance,,,

I doubt any preppers are out right now causing a bigger burden on the system,,,but there are a lot of hoarders doing it,,,

Yes ...there are self proclaimed preppers running around to Costco ,Walmart etc. Posting video of empty shelves and their supply hauls as we speak .

The creepy thing about extreme preppers is that the good times don't interest them. They live for this kind of stuff.
Prepping is a good thing, but I agree some of the people you see with videos on YouTube are just greedy and they annoy me with their need to clear shelves of product when their basements are already full of crap.
These people are probably resellers, selling these items on Amazon. Go to YouTube and search "Amazon fba". I personally know one individual who buys books, detergent and candy and other items mostly from Dollar Tree or Dollar General and sells these items marked up 3 to 4 times.

He also buys used electronics and toys from the Salvation Army and resells them on Amazon. Lots of people do this because there are so many stupid and lazy millennials who only buy on Amazon and will gladly pay $4 for the same thing they could have gotten at The Dollar Tree for $1

Yep..same with the dumpster divers who claim to be minimalist,huge environmental activists and big charity donators . They only donate crap they can’t sell on Ebay and the majority of the time if they think they cant sell it they just leave it to rot in a landfill. Another reason I don’t buy from Ebay or Amazon. And you are correct people are very lazy.

Yes ...there are self proclaimed preppers running around to Costco ,Walmart etc. Posting video of empty shelves and their supply hauls as we speak .
and yet you cant post a single one,,,,

but if they are they are assholes not preppers,,,

preppers are sitting home asking WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?? we told you to get ready,,,

So... Ask a prepper.

Did you stock up on TP, and do peepers still buy the hell out of condoms for storing water?

So... Ask a prepper.

Did you stock up on TP, and do peepers still buy the hell out of condoms for storing water?
yes I stocked up on TP a yr ago and no thats a stupid way to store water,,,

So... Ask a prepper.

yes I stocked up on TP a yr ago and no thats a stupid way to store water,,,

Lol.

In times of plenty I would advise one to have a month's worth on hand for the household. Much more than that can become a space hog.

I've found that the bottom of closets is perfect for TP and paper towels...just under the hanging cloths.

Since pasta is a mainstay of prepping...think pasta salad :banana:

Everybody thinks spaghetti and Mac & cheese...but there are MANY different types of pasta salad & all are delish!

In times of plenty I would advise one to have a month's worth on hand for the household. Much more than that can become a space hog.

I've found that the bottom of closets is perfect for TP and paper towels...just under the hanging cloths.

I have always got the TP where they wrap the main roll of TP around a small roll of TP. That way we never run out of TP.

So... Ask a prepper.
Ah sorry, dude. I didn't see this thread when I made mine.

Maybe the mods will be kind and merge them.

So... Ask a prepper.
so I guess you will be cancelling the insurance on your house and removing all fire extinguishers form it as well???
Prepping to go weeks or months without food is nutty.

The key to prepping is to start early, meaning when you're younger.

Make a list of the things you believe you'll need in order to get by while the government sorts itself out. The government will always return, and some semblance of order as well.

Then slowly build up those items over time. This helps in maintaining a normal household and routine, then you spend just a little extra to build up those essentials.

The smart prepper will always go with foodstuffs that can last years and is easily rotated out of the inventory when their expiration date nears. Of course, durable goods don't really pose a problem, but things like batteries have a shelf life, so once you have the required supply, then it is only a matter of small expenditures to replace those that are about to go bad.

Planning is key.

So... Ask a prepper.
Why?

So... Ask a prepper.
Why?
Because that has never been an issue for my entire life.

So... Ask a prepper.
Why?
So, because it has never happened to you, you think it can never happen to you?

A look through history teaches us that bad times are always just a moment away.

Why?
So, because it has never happened to you, you think it can never happen to you?

A look through history teaches us that bad times are always just a moment away.
Any event that empties all grocery stores in the US will be so catastrophic that your canned goods wont save you.

Forum List

Back