aspirin, acetaminophen and nsaids: which works best for you?

When I have a chronic headache, the OTC pain reliever that works best for me is:

• Aspirin (I.e. Anacin, BC Powder, Goody's Powder).

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Acetaminophen (i.e. Tylenol).

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • an NSAID (i.e. Motrin, Aleve, Toradol, Orudis, Indocin}.

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
When you have a headache?

Really for those of us who sometimes drink way too much, this thread. But I encourage everyone to give us his/ her two cents. :thup:

I don't drink but I do get migraines.

Most women do get migraines, yeah.

But are you sure they're migraines, or are they tension headaches?

Really for those of us who sometimes drink way too much, this thread. But I encourage everyone to give us his/ her two cents. :thup:

The only time I get a tension headache is when a male is involved.

I get true migraines, auras included.

The only time I get a tension headache is when a male is involved.

I get true migraines, auras included.

I do remember a time when half an aspirin would kill a headache for me.

Rarely if ever have a hangover even though I still drink occasionally. The secret lies in hydration. For each shot of tequila I will drink a glass of water. If I have had a few too many I will take a shower before I go to bed. Stick to that regime and I don't have a hangover.

I suffer from brutal migraines so I use Excedrin migraine and wash them down with a Coke and then go and lie down. Usually have to sleep them off. Feel groggy afterwards but that works.

For normal aches and pains I use OTC Ibuprofin. If the pain is severe I will double the dosage because I am 6' 3" and the recommended dosage is "safe" for someone who is only 5' 0".

Rarely if ever have a hangover even though I still drink occasionally. The secret lies in hydration. For each shot of tequila I will drink a glass of water. If I have had a few too many I will take a shower before I go to bed. Stick to that regime and I don't have a hangover.

I suffer from brutal migraines so I use Excedrin migraine and wash them down with a Coke and then go and lie down. Usually have to sleep them off. Feel groggy afterwards but that works.

For normal aches and pains I use OTC Ibuprofin. If the pain is severe I will double the dosage because I am 6' 3" and the recommended dosage is "safe" for someone who is only 5' 0".

Hydration is key! :thup:

Fioricet - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
Is migraine management for me.

Hydration is key! :thup:

Fioricet - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
Is migraine management for me.

Does it allow you to take the pills and continue with your day or do you have to go and rest and allow the Fioricet to do it's magic?

Forum List

Back