Assault Weapons Ban would be unconstitutional. "A State Militia must be maintained and well regulated"

An Assault weapons ban would take this weapon away from the state citizens, thus negating the right to organize a states militia.

What is an 'assault weapon'?

It is a combination of two words placed together to create fear among uninformed Americans so that those uninformed Americans can be stampeded into granting anti-gun extremists the power to ban and confiscate any gun those same extremists call "Assault Weapons."

Wow....I think I just defined Assault Weapon....I am going to save this for future use...

The United States constitution clearly states that a "States militia must be well regulated and maintained." A weapon of a "States militia" is an assault rifle. Any ban would violate the United States constitution.
Which state is it that has a militia?

Almost all states.
If you read the state constitution, most say something like that all male adults are automatically part of the militia.
That means they can be called upon at any time, for things like a posse.
But remember back then there were no police, so people were also expected to protect their own possessions.
Proof?
"Well regulated"?
This is the common law for the common defense:

The defense and protection of the state and of the United States is an obligation of all persons within the state. The legislature shall provide for the discharge of this obligation and for the maintenance and regulation of an organized militia.
No proof, then.
I cited a State Constitution.
Nope. You quoted something without citing at all.
In this case, there is no appeal to ignorance of the law and I stated I quoted a State Constitution. You may not appeal to ignorance of the law and it is incumbent on You to understand the law.

Why haven’t you Tards brought a Bill to the floor that would keep guns out of the hands of dark Democrats?
Are you sure you really want to mitigate gun crime?
Your hyper-partisan fanaticism, racism, and alienation from America aside, the Peoples' support for addressing the permissiveness that results in the ongoing firearm slaughter receives majoritarian, bipartisan support.

Your preference for only targeting citizens based upon skin complexion and party affiliation is patently unconstitutional.

An Assault weapons ban would take this weapon away from the state citizens, thus negating the right to organize a states militia.

It is a combination of two words placed together to create fear among uninformed Americans so that those uninformed Americans can be stampeded into granting anti-gun extremists the power to ban and confiscate any gun those same extremists call "Assault Weapons."

Wow....I think I just defined Assault Weapon....I am going to save this for future use...

Does it include hunting rifles?

It will...when the anti-gun extremists go after hunting rifles ......

Remember, the bolt action hunting rifle is an actual military rifle....it is currently used by the U.S. military and militaries around the world...

The AR-15 is not used by any military, anywhere in the world...

They will likely attack the bolt action hunting rifle on two fronts.....when they get around to it...

1) Hunting is bad, it is primitive and no longer needed in modern society....so no need for hunting rifles.

2) Bolt action hunting rifles are "Sniper Rifles," used for long range murder ....

Why haven’t you Tards brought a Bill to the floor that would keep guns out of the hands of dark Democrats?
Your hyper-partisan fanaticism, racism, and alienation from America aside, the Peoples' support for addressing the permissiveness that results in the ongoing firearm slaughter receives majoritarian, bipartisan support.
That’s complete bullshit...Link?

“Your preference for only targeting citizens based upon skin complexion and party affiliation is patently unconstitutional.”
Haha...this administration has done nothing but take actions aimed to help dark people and fuck over Caucasians...trust me, this admin can’t give two-fucks about constitutionality.
I want to target the perpetrators...why don’t you?

Remember, the bolt action hunting rifle is an actual military rifle....it is currently used by the U.S. military and militaries around the world...

They will likely attack the bolt action hunting rifle on two fronts.....when they get around to it...

1) Hunting is bad, it is primitive and no longer needed in modern society....so no need for hunting rifles.

2) Bolt action hunting rifles are "Sniper Rifles," used for long range murder ....

Welp, I certainly don't agree with bans. I guess I'm a bad guy. :dunno:

The individual right to possess a firearm is unconnected with militia service, weapons in common use, such as the AR 15, are protected by the Second Amendment.

STUPID FUCK. The 2A refers to a right of the PEOPLE, free and clear of the government, to carry and bear arms against the GOVERNMENT

On August 7, 1794, President Washington issued a proclamation, calling out the militia and ordering the disaffected westerners to return to their homes. Washington's order mobilized an army of approximately 13,000 — as large as the one that had defeated the British — under the command of General Harry Lee, the then-Governor of Virginia and father of Robert E. Lee. Washington himself, in a show of presidential authority, set out at the head of the troops to suppress the uprising. This was the first use of the Militia Law of 1792 setting a precedent for the use of the militia to "execute the laws of the union, (and) suppress insurrections," asserting the right of the national government to enforce order in one state with troops raised in other states. Even more importantly, it was the first test of power of the new federal government, establishing its primacy in disputes with individual states. In the end, a dozen or so men were arrested, sent to Philadelphia to trial and released after pardons by Washington.

Stupid fuck.

Yes, we all know you are a stupid fuck. That "STUPID FUCK" tattoo on your forehead, and all the stupid fuck posts that you make have clearly demonstrated that. No need to just randomly identify yourself as you did in #20

I love toobie, he makes me laugh.

Stupid fucks, trolls and shitheads, the left all.

So what was your favorite part of our history when President Washington Commanded a State Militia?

Did it make you fell like you're a "Dumb Fuck"?

The president still does.

Those who served in the National Guard were sent to Vietnam by the presidents at the time.

The bush boy sent the Guard to is wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The National Guard is a state military. Mostly controlled by the governor of the state but the president can federalize the Guard to send them off to wars in other nations.

Which is why it is not the militia.
The People are the militia; you are either well regulated and Necessary or unorganized and not enumerated necessary to the security of our free States or the Union and therefore subject to the Traditional police power of a State as delegated to officers of the peace.

Sneaky Tards like you pretend to be against a “ban” but you’ll usually admit that you support “REGULATION”....which can be a ban essentially.

Sneaky Tards like you pretend to be against a “ban” but you’ll usually admit that you support “REGULATION”....which can be a ban essentially.

That's right. Keep trying to tell me what I think. It's immensely entertaining. :auiqs.jpg:

The United States constitution clearly states that a "States militia must be well regulated and maintained." A weapon of a "States militia" is an assault rifle. Any ban would violate the United States constitution.
Machine guns would as well but THEY are banned if made within the last 35 years

The defense and protection of the state and of the United States is an obligation of all persons within the state. The legislature shall provide for the discharge of this obligation and for the maintenance and regulation of an organized militia.

That's right. Keep trying to tell me what I think. It's immensely entertaining. :auiqs.jpg:
Was I right?
Don’t be afraid to admit it.

“Your preference for only targeting citizens based upon skin complexion and party affiliation is patently unconstitutional.”
Haha...this administration has done nothing but take actions aimed to help dark people and fuck over Caucasians...trust me, this admin can’t give two-fucks about constitutionality.
Your racism and victimhood complex are noted.

On topic, regarding the Second Amendment restrictions,

“Some undoubtedly are [permissible] because there were some that were acknowledged at the time the Constitution was written …"

Screen Shot 2021-04-10 at 9.23.17 AM.png

“So yes, there are some limitations that can be imposed.
What they are will depend on what the society understood
were reasonable limitations at the time.”

Your racism and victimhood complex are noted.

On topic, regarding the Second Amendment restrictions,

“Some undoubtedly are [permissible] because there were some that were acknowledged at the time the Constitution was written …"

Screen Shot 2021-04-10 at 9.23.17 AM.png

“So yes, there are some limitations that can be imposed.
What they are will depend on what the society understood
were reasonable limitations at the time.”

Cool...you linked to an OPINION of Scalia’s.
What does that mean?

The National Guard has many assault rifles and many other cool weapons. They are the State Militias, who were always ultimately under the command of the CiC. Not the private gun clubs.

"A well regulated Militia," means trained in the art of war.
That comma in the 2nd Amendment must short circuit the lefts brain or something because you people always leave out everything after it.
Wrong.

The "left" follows what the Supreme Court says about the Second Amendment, unlike far too many on the right.

No, an AWB would be unconstitutional because the guns banned are in common use and entitled to constitutional protections.

No it would not.

Clinton already banned assault weapons but the law only lasted 10 years.

It expired when the bush boy was president with his republican controlled congress so they didn't renew it.

The nra already challenged an assault weapons ban in the Clinton years and it was ruled constitutional.

As was established decades ago, we already have a well armed militia for each state. It's called the National Guard. Every state has their own National Guard that the governor of the state controls.

I'm shocked you didn't know this.
I'm well aware of all of this.

The Heller Court reaffirmed the fact that weapons in common use are entitled to constitutional protections; the AR 15 is indeed in common use.

If another AWB were to come before the Supreme Court, it would be struck down as unconstitutional.

Forum List

Back