Atlanta Fire Chief Fired for Writing Christian Book

I've heard a different story. But you hang onto that one because Methodists these days are NOT Methodists, Doc. It's like Muslims that register with the census and say they are "Catholics". Get it?

What are you talking about?

Reed's father considered converting to Islam in the 1970s, which is why he's named "Mohammed", but he was raised as a Methodist.

Who are these Muslims that say they're Catholics on the census?

We can get to Mohammad Reed in a moment - I live here - this is my home - but hang on and let's first take a look at what is going on with the Fire chief that was fired. Is there a precedent? Yes. Look at this one:
Preacher Arrested for Calling Homosexuality a Sin Todd Starnes
He was preaching about immoral living – and cited homosexuality as an example of lifestyle choices that are contrary to biblical teaching.

“I never used any gay slurs,” he said. “You would never hear me using slang or discriminatory language against homosexuals or any other group. That would be contrary to my faith.”

At some point, the evangelist quoted I Thessalonians 4:1-2 – a passage of scripture that mentions sexual immorality.

You almost gotta laugh. The jihadists killed a magazine owner in France for ridiculing Mohammed and nobody seems concerned that American politicians take away a man's livelyhood for writing a book that promotes his religious values.
He can write a book all he wants. Please don't be stupid.

You almost gotta laugh. The jihadists killed a magazine owner in France for ridiculing Mohammed and nobody seems concerned that American politicians take away a man's livelyhood for writing a book that promotes his religious values.

That is what is happening precisely. Great observation!

I've heard a different story. But you hang onto that one because Methodists these days are NOT Methodists, Doc. It's like Muslims that register with the census and say they are "Catholics". Get it?

What are you talking about?

Reed's father considered converting to Islam in the 1970s, which is why he's named "Mohammed", but he was raised as a Methodist.

Who are these Muslims that say they're Catholics on the census?

We can get to Mohammad Reed in a moment - I live here - this is my home - but hang on and let's first take a look at what is going on with the Fire chief that was fired. Is there a precedent? Yes. Look at this one:
Preacher Arrested for Calling Homosexuality a Sin Todd Starnes
He was preaching about immoral living – and cited homosexuality as an example of lifestyle choices that are contrary to biblical teaching.

“I never used any gay slurs,” he said. “You would never hear me using slang or discriminatory language against homosexuals or any other group. That would be contrary to my faith.”

At some point, the evangelist quoted I Thessalonians 4:1-2 – a passage of scripture that mentions sexual immorality.

This is a good example of how political correctness is chipping and away at our rights. Sick leftist trash.

if you think he was fired for writing the book you can't be helped.

I guess the mayor never realized we have freedom in America. The mayor's resignation should be demanded.

I believe Mayor Mohammad Reed has been playing the people of Atlanta. As a response about census - for Doc - I had an interesting conversation with a census worker who told me that although a Muslim could be wearing a hajib they could say I'm Catholic (or Methodist) and that has to be accepted as the truth. Here is a link on the numbers. Is it any wonder that according to statistics in America there are only 6 million Muslims in America? There were approx 28 million Arab Muslim living in America at the writing of The Rage and the Pride by Arianna Fallaci. What? Are we going backwards? According to Secrets of the Koran - Don Richardson there were over 4,000 mosques with a new one opening at the rate of one per week and this was what? 1991? Again, I must ask, are we going backwards?
'A Question on Religion in the US Census Prince Alwaleed bin Talal Center for Muslim-Christian Understanding

Ironically, the Bureau did conduct a test of a question on religion in March 1957 using the Current Population Survey, a Bureau-directed monthly survey of 35,000 households. The question was: “What is your religion? Baptist, Lutheran, etc.” In fact, 96% of respondents complied, that is, they reported a religious preference. According to that survey the Americans of 14 years and above stated their religion as following:

White Protestant 57.4%
Black Protestant 8.8 %
Catholic 25.7 %
Jewish 3.4 %
Other religion/not reported 2.2 %
No religion 2.7%
Total 100%
note who did the article? Listen, today? With the prison population, latino's, asians, african american converts even caucasian to Islam? We're probably at 35 - 40 million Muslims in America - conservative number even. The bottom line is you cannot believe what you are told - you'll have to do your own research.

Last edited:

Neither can you. You've obviously have a closed mind to the facts.

The guy wrote the book on his own time. He was fired because he doesn't support gays. While I would disagree with him, he still has that right.

Is it going to become commonplace for people to get fired from government jobs because of their religious beliefs? It's one thing if people push their religion on co-workers. What a person does on their time off is their own business. He didn't break any laws. He merely holds views that are not politically correct.

Atlanta Fire Chief Fired for Expressing Christian Beliefs

That's not why he was fired.

Get a real news source that doesn't put a spin on it.

He was a homophobe who made people sick.

the fact that he wasn't fired for writing a book, but was fired for creating a hostile work environment by distributing it to his employees?
not that publishing the book isn't problem enough, given his position.
nope, pretty sure I got that.

The guy wrote the book on his own time. He was fired because he doesn't support gays. While I would disagree with him, he still has that right.

Is it going to become commonplace for people to get fired from government jobs because of their religious beliefs? It's one thing if people push their religion on co-workers. What a person does on their time off is their own business. He didn't break any laws. He merely holds views that are not politically correct.

Hateful Christophobic bigot.

the fact that he wasn't fired for writing a book, but was fired for creating a hostile work environment by distributing it to his employees?

So? Throw it away if you don't like it. He isn't allowed to force his views and neither are queers.

So? Throw it away if you don't like it. He isn't allowed to force his views and neither are queers.
and yet, there he was, forcing his views

Is Jesus Christ a homophobe too? Do you want that on your resume' when you face him one day? I do not think so. This is America. Sodomy used to be against the law. What happened to that?!

Listen up. I am thankful to Clementine for posting this thread. Once again we see that USMB delivers news where the mainstream media fails to deliver. So on that note, I'll have to look up this fire Chief and let him know that he has a few people in his corner. At least a few.

and yet, there he was, forcing his views

Link?

Is Jesus Christ a homophobe too? Do you want that on your resume' when you face him one day? I do not think so. This is America. Sodomy used to be against the law. What happened to that?!
respect for Constitutional rights.

Forum List

Back