Atlanta Fire Chief Fired for Writing Christian Book

What this is is an example of the intolerance of the homosexual community. Their way or no way. The Chief will have a hard time fighting this, unless he does it on his own. No lawyer is going to take a case where there is little money in it for them.

The Chief is screwed by the PC police.

There are firms of privately funded attorneys that will take this case. Then there's the percentage of the judgment against the city.

Will people have to take gay loyalty oaths?

It would be great to follow this story and see what happens. I am sticking with the Chief is screwed.

This is my neck of the woods. I'm willing to go to bat for him. We'll see.

"Atlanta Fire Chief Fired for Writing Christian Book"

Wrong.

He was fired because he violated the City's anti-discrimination policy:

'Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed said the chief was not fired due to his religious beliefs but rather because of questions that arose about his “judgment and ability to manage the department" in connection with the book.

Cochran wrote a 2013 book titled, "Who Told You That You Were Naked?," in which he called homosexuality “vulgar” and “the opposite of purity.”

Reed said the city has a clear policy that forbids discrimination based on sexual orientation and that Cochran's published views could be a legal liability.'

Atlanta fire chief who criticized homosexuality may fight ouster - Yahoo News

And the notion that Cochran's freedom of speech and religion are being 'violated' is ridiculous, his hateful book is published and available for anyone to read, subject to no prior restraint; and he remains at liberty to practice his faith however he sees fit, absent any interference by government.

Wrong.

'Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed said the chief was not fired due to his religious beliefs but rather because of questions that arose about his “judgment and ability to manage the department" in connection with the book.

Cochran wrote a 2013 book titled, "Who Told You That You Were Naked?," in which he called homosexuality “vulgar” and “the opposite of purity.”

Reed said the city has a clear policy that forbids discrimination based on sexual orientation and that Cochran's published views could be a legal liability.'

And the notion that Cochran's freedom of speech and religion are being 'violated' is ridiculous, his hateful book is published and available for anyone to read, subject to no prior restraint; and he remains at liberty to practice his faith however he sees fit, absent any interference by government.

Mayor Reed is a Muslim. Give me another source for this one. Someone with the "ability" to judge without prejudice. Thanks.

Wrong.

Hateful book? By whose standards? Yours? Give me a link. Thanks.

He was distributing an anti-gay bigotry book that he wrote to people who report to him. Anybody who has ever worked knows you can do things like that at work... Duh.

Atlanta fire chief suspended after distributing his religious book to employees - The Washington Post
link?

Where is the link?

You can't possibly be serious.

The link is in the post you quoted.
Show me.

Wrong.

Mayor Reed is a Muslim. Give me another source for this one. Someone with the "ability" to judge without prejudice. Thanks.

Mayor Reed is not a Muslim, he's a Methodist.

I've heard a different story. But you hang onto that one because Methodists these days are NOT Methodists, Doc. It's like Muslims that register with the census and say they are "Catholics". Get it?

Wrong.

I wonder what would happen if the Chief wrote a book about how whites are inferior and then started handing it out "voluntarily of course" to his department.

He was distributing an anti-gay bigotry book that he wrote to people who report to him. Anybody who has ever worked knows you can do things like that at work... Duh.

Atlanta fire chief suspended after distributing his religious book to employees - The Washington Post

I highlighted the link for you, Jeri.
Let me highlight this back at you.
That book, city spokeswoman Anne Torres toldChannel 2 in Atlanta, was distributed to some of Cochran’s employees. “We understand that he was distributing the book to other employees. We are still not sure what the circumstances surrounding them are,” Torres said. “The bottom line is that the [Mayor Kasim] Reed administration does not tolerate discrimination of any kind.”

Sounds like a rush to judgment to me, Doc. We'll see.

I've heard a different story. But you hang onto that one because Methodists these days are NOT Methodists, Doc. It's like Muslims that register with the census and say they are "Catholics". Get it?

What are you talking about?

Reed's father considered converting to Islam in the 1970s, which is why he's named "Mohammed", but he was raised as a Methodist.

Who are these Muslims that say they're Catholics on the census?

Ah...you are the determiner of what is and is not a Methodist?
Bodecea! Always available to defend the "Non-Christian" dressed in sheep's clothing. Why am I not surprised by this one?

Forum List

Back