Atlanta Fire Chief Fired for Writing Christian Book

I've heard a different story. But you hang onto that one because Methodists these days are NOT Methodists, Doc. It's like Muslims that register with the census and say they are "Catholics". Get it?
Ah...you are the determiner of what is and is not a Methodist?
Bodecea! Always available to defend the "Non-Christian" dressed in sheep's clothing. Why am I not surprised by this one?
I understand that you are really a Muslim, Jeremiah....sent here to make Christians look bad. It must be true.

I've heard a different story. But you hang onto that one because Methodists these days are NOT Methodists, Doc. It's like Muslims that register with the census and say they are "Catholics". Get it?

What are you talking about?

Reed's father considered converting to Islam in the 1970s, which is why he's named "Mohammed", but he was raised as a Methodist.

Who are these Muslims that say they're Catholics on the census?

I'll be happy to answer that one after dinner, Doc. See you then. God willing. As for Reed? Al Takeyya comes to mind - like - immediately!

Bodecea! Always available to defend the "Non-Christian" dressed in sheep's clothing. Why am I not surprised by this one?
I understand that you are really a Muslim, Jeremiah....sent here to make Christians look bad. It must be true.

Hold onto that thought, Bodie. It's all you've got at the moment.............

Hold onto that thought, Bodie. It's all you've got at the moment.............
Quick dinner. Time for evening prayers towards Mecca?

Let me highlight this back at you.
That book, city spokeswoman Anne Torres toldChannel 2 in Atlanta, was distributed to some of Cochran’s employees. “We understand that he was distributing the book to other employees. We are still not sure what the circumstances surrounding them are,” Torres said. “The bottom line is that the [Mayor Kasim] Reed administration does not tolerate discrimination of any kind.”

Sounds like a rush to judgment to me, Doc. We'll see.

It does not sound that way to me. My article was from November when they suspended him while they investigated. The OP is from January when they concluded the investigation and fired him- 3 months later.

The bottom line is that religion isn't a shield against responsibility for avoiding creating a hostile work environment, it isn't an excuse for discrimination, etc. Whether they are religious or not, managers are held to the minimum standards imposed by the law. In this case, the bar is even higher since a fire chief isn't just a manager, he is a representative of the government. This guy just wasn't mature enough to handle that kind of a role apparently. The bar is set much lower for the conduct of individual contributors than it is for managers, so maybe he'd be better suited to that kind of a career.

[QUOTE="tuhaybey, post: 10504170, member: 51829"environmentbottom line is that religion isn't a shield against responsibility for avoiding creating a hostile work environment, it isn't an excuse for discrimination, etc. Whether they are religious or not, managers are held to the minimum standards imposed by the law. In this case, the bar is even higher since a fire chief isn't just a manager, he is a representative of the government. This guy just wasn't mature enough to handle that kind of a role apparently. The bar is set much lower for the conduct of individual contributors than it is for managers, so maybe he'd be better suited to that kind of a career.[/QUOTE]

So queers are allowed to create a hostile work environment?

[I'mOTE="tuhaybey, post: 10504220, member: 51829"]
That kind of childish antics is going to prevent you from reaching a management level position in your career as well if you don't do something to address it.[/QUOTE]
That kind of childish antics is going to prevent you from reaching a management level position in your career as well if you don't do something to address it.

I'm not the topic. The guy wrote a book. Big deal. Where is your tolerance?

What are you talking about?

Reed's father considered converting to Islam in the 1970s, which is why he's named "Mohammed", but he was raised as a Methodist.

Who are these Muslims that say they're Catholics on the census?

We can get to Mohammad Reed in a moment - I live here - this is my home - but hang on and let's first take a look at what is going on with the Fire chief that was fired. Is there a precedent? Yes. Look at this one:
Preacher Arrested for Calling Homosexuality a Sin Todd Starnes
He was preaching about immoral living – and cited homosexuality as an example of lifestyle choices that are contrary to biblical teaching.

“I never used any gay slurs,” he said. “You would never hear me using slang or discriminatory language against homosexuals or any other group. That would be contrary to my faith.”

At some point, the evangelist quoted I Thessalonians 4:1-2 – a passage of scripture that mentions sexual immorality.

Here we go: read this clip and I'll post the link so you can read the entire story:

Echoing the words of Mayor Reed, opportunity is limited only by our imagination. He reminded us of the African tradition that if we want to go fast, we should go alone, but if we want to go far, we must go together. As I was returning to my car, I looked down at my son who was with me the entire time. Just moments before a distinguished looking gentleman asked me his name and said he may be the next mayor or next leader in Atlanta. I smiled knowing that who ever he decides to be, I would like for him to always walk with his head held high with dignity that he was alive during the leadership of President Barack Obama, Mayor Mohammed Kasim Reed, and Imam Mansoor Sabree. At that moment, I reflected on the powerful meanings of their names and their influential roles and thought to myself: We will be blessed! We will be praiseworthy! We will be victorious! - See more at: Inauguration of Mayor M. Kasim Reed - Atlanta Masjid Atlanta Masjid

Last edited:
[QUOTE="tuhaybey, post: 10504170, member: 51829"environmentbottom line is that religion isn't a shield against responsibility for avoiding creating a hostile work environment, it isn't an excuse for discrimination, etc. Whether they are religious or not, managers are held to the minimum standards imposed by the law. In this case, the bar is even higher since a fire chief isn't just a manager, he is a representative of the government. This guy just wasn't mature enough to handle that kind of a role apparently. The bar is set much lower for the conduct of individual contributors than it is for managers, so maybe he'd be better suited to that kind of a career.

So queers are allowed to create a hostile work environment?[/QUOTE]
What hostile work environment are you referring to?

You almost gotta laugh. The jihadists killed a magazine owner in France for ridiculing Mohammed and nobody seems concerned that American politicians take away a man's livelyhood for writing a book that promotes his religious values.

Forum List

Back