atmospheric CO2 and floods

You seem to be reading more into this single paper than warranted ... please point to where they discuss correlation between flooding and carbon dioxide ...

Also, we need 1,000 years of empirical evidence to claim "thousand year flood events" ... so your math is wrong ... typically ... perhaps you don't know how to calculate this value ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ...

Warmer air causes more rain ... which in turn can cause more flooding ... and this has to be balanced with the overall reduction of convective forces which reduces the likelihood of powerful low pressure systems ... we don't know where this balance is ... so far, it hasn't appeared in the data ... the opposite is drought and powerful high pressure systems ... these do not have the advantage of condensing water vapor, so they receive no benefit from warmer wetter conditions ... the slow down of the convective flow is all and this reduces drought probabilities ... again, the data isn't showing any changes ... so we honestly don't know ... not past 72 hours into the future ...

HEY STUPID ... the warmer world will be wetter ... and only because the world is warmer ... has nothing to do with stomate size ...
HEY STUPID ... deforestation is a part of AGW Theory too ... if we cut down all the trees in Indiana, there won't be many Oak trees left to flood the Ohio River now is there? ... stupid motherfucker ...
Did they really claim that plants are responsible for flooding? Holy!

Would you mind elucidating the relationships you mention here between global warming and a reduction in convective forces. I am wondering not only why we don't know "where this balance is" but why anyone believe there should be a balance in the first place.
He said plants don’t cause flooding and he’s correct.

According to the U.S. Geological Survey, the term "1,000-year flood" is a colloquial way of stating that a flood of a certain magnitude has around a 1 in 1,000 chance of happening in a given year.

Doesn't mean it can't happen more often. Doesn't mean their estimate is correct.
Doesn't mean AGW caused it. Doesn't mean you're not a whiney twat.
Doesn't mean you're not being stupid and you know it.

Would you mind elucidating the relationships you mention here between global warming and a reduction in convective forces. I am wondering not only why we don't know "where this balance is" but why anyone believe there should be a balance in the first place.

Arctic Amplification ... the poles are warming twice as fast as the tropical regions ... you're a filthy liar ... you condemn the existence of the large-scale circulation pattern ... stupid ... completely ignorant of even basic science ...

Those who are religious fanatics like crick and rocks don't care how insane what they post is - Gaia be praised..

Evidence doesn't support their religion, so they grasp at these absurd straws.
I am not religious. What I post is sane. And mountains and mountains of evidence support everything I have posted here (see www.ipcc.ch for starters). Virtually NONE supports your position.

I am not religious.

Right, hail Gaia - you worship the twoof.

What I post is sane.

tenor.gif

And mountains and mountains of evidence support everything I have posted here (see www.ipcc.ch for starters). Virtually NONE supports your position.

Speculation and circular reasoning are not "evidence."

Your "evidence" is similar to the "evidence" Mormon use to support their bizarre claim that "American Indians are Jews." Leaps of specious theories coupled with mountains of outright fraud trying to support a clearly false narrative.

Which means we have no responsibility to do anything about it (whew!)

Well ... there's everything else humans do that causes climate change ... like deforestation ...

Plant a tree once a year ... and take care of it until it can take care of itself ... just once a year ... if everyone in your community did the same, you'll see significantly lower temperatures ... reforestation, especially in our urban environments, will undo the all of carbon dioxide's effect ...

... and it would make our streets more beautiful ...

Well ... there's everything else humans do that causes climate change ... like deforestation ...

Plant a tree once a year ... and take care of it until it can take care of itself ... just once a year ... if everyone in your community did the same, you'll see significantly lower temperatures ... reforestation, especially in our urban environments, will undo the all of carbon dioxide's effect ...

... and it would make our streets more beautiful ...
There is also evidence that people are healthier, happier, and live longer when living where there are mature trees. Maybe that's why people in treeless urban areas are so dysfunctional.

I've always had a strong connection to nature, thus my handle "Woodznutz" (my dad called me 'woods nuts' because I spent so much time there). None of my friends or siblings had this connection, and they have all passed.

Last edited:
There is also evidence that people are healthier, happier, and live longer when living where there are mature trees. Maybe that's why people in treeless urban areas are so dysfunctional.

I've always had a strong connection to nature, thus my handle "Woodznutz" (my dad called me 'woods nuts' because I spent so much time there). None of my friends or siblings had this connection, and they have all passed.

No one makes money when you plant a tree ... so that's not part of the published solution ... commercial media only reports on matters of commercial interest ... so we're not hearing about things we can do at home to help the environment ... like buying in bulk without the plastic wrapping ... using less gasoline to commute to work ...a nd quit with the "pseudo-carnivore" diet ... even dogs eat their share of veggies ... this whole "meat-eater" gig makes folks look stoopid, like house cat stoopid ... eating two servings of meat all four meals per day is unhealthy ... except for house cats, who are stoopid ...

Last edited:
No one makes money when you plant a tree ... so that's not part of the published solution ... commercial media only reports on matters of commercial interest ... so we're not hearing about things we can do at home to help the environment ... like buying in bulk without the plastic wrapping ... using less gasoline to commute to work ...a nd quit with the "pseudo-carnivore" diet ... even dogs eat their share of veggies ... this whole "meat-eater" gig makes folks look stoopid, like house cat stoopid ... eating two servings of meat all four meals per day is unhealthy ... except for house cats, who are stoopid ...
Actually, those solutions are published all the time, and many are practicing them.

There doesn't appear to be, based on what is being done.

"The seriousness of any problem is measured by the response to it."
-Woodznutz

Burning coal to complain on the internet about burning coal ... the sad part is they know how stupid they look, and they think it's cool ... my electricity comes from grinding up fish in a hydro-turbine ... then dumping the remains onto Portland ... ewwwwwww ............ it's because of the goddam salmon we can't dump old motor oil down the storm drains anymore ...

Burning coal to complain on the internet about burning coal ... the sad part is they know how stupid they look, and they think it's cool ... my electricity comes from grinding up fish in a hydro-turbine ... then dumping the remains onto Portland ... ewwwwwww ............ it's because of the goddam salmon we can't dump old motor oil down the storm drains anymore ...
Life is harsh for sure.

Forum List

Back