Attacking The Narrative

DarkFury

Platinum Member
Feb 20, 2015
Sun, Sand And Palm Trees
That is what we folks in cyber world need to be doing. Not so much as attack the press directly but in their comments section. We simply cannot expect honesty in the press until we call them out in public for their lies. And I mean places like Yahoo news where public comment is asked for.

We had the shooting in Orlando and the press is still lying about the weapon of choice. Lets fix that by our comments there. The latest is he did that because he was a "dis-infranchised" homosexual. Despite the fact he swore his actions to islamic state and islam. Lets fix that.

There is no valid reason to accept lies by the press when in their OWN comment sections we CAN speak the truth. Take someone like Yahoo and challenge them head on. Put them in a position where they either have to tell the truth or shut the h#ll up.

Demanding the press tell us the truth has got us no where. We find little to no truth in cyber text, print, TV or radio. Many of those writers think they write above you or you are to stupid to understand. Not sure about you but I think....

We ARE USMB and we don't take to lying and bullsh#t.

Fury

I run comment sections daily. By monitoring as well as commenting, you get an entirely different feel for the mood of the electorate. For example, for the past few weeks I've been trying to give a heads up here to those who think dumping Trump at the convention is a swell idea. If one studies the comment sections of many media outlets you will find one common theme for the Trump supporters. Mess with Trump and their revenge will be sweet. They are planning to write in Trump and vote straight D and try to destroy the RNC and the House and the Senate if the never trumpers prevail. This is serious.

Now that's just one example. I like to sample random press outlets and their comment sections and track something I've put out there like the push on the Pink Pistols with some others. It was nice to see the stories about them spread like wildfire. Let's face it. A lot of good reporting from the likes of Breitbart or Daily Caller don't make the rounds unless posters and commenters pick up the story and pass it on.And that's what was happening with the Pink Pistols. Our people weren't paying enough attention to them.

The tragedy that took place in Orlando was an opening though to put up the Pink Pistols track record everywhere I could linking to the Federalist with their wins against DC gun laws.

And where you can really make a difference is in local media comment sections. To zero in and nail any articles that are extremely biased or flat out lying. Those comment sections are there for a reason.

• Banned
I run comment sections daily. By monitoring as well as commenting, you get an entirely different feel for the mood of the electorate. For example, for the past few weeks I've been trying to give a heads up here to those who think dumping Trump at the convention is a swell idea. If one studies the comment sections of many media outlets you will find one common theme for the Trump supporters. Mess with Trump and their revenge will be sweet. They are planning to write in Trump and vote straight D and try to destroy the RNC and the House and the Senate if the never trumpers prevail. This is serious.

Now that's just one example. I like to sample random press outlets and their comment sections and track something I've put out there like the push on the Pink Pistols with some others. It was nice to see the stories about them spread like wildfire. Let's face it. A lot of good reporting from the likes of Breitbart or Daily Caller don't make the rounds unless posters and commenters pick up the story and pass it on.And that's what was happening with the Pink Pistols. Our people weren't paying enough attention to them.

The tragedy that took place in Orlando was an opening though to put up the Pink Pistols track record everywhere I could linking to the Federalist with their wins against DC gun laws.

And where you can really make a difference is in local media comment sections. To zero in and nail any articles that are extremely biased or flat out lying. Those comment sections are there for a reason.
Many times my OP here start out as a comment there. Just got to call them out if we expect the lying to stop.

Many times my OP here start out as a comment there. Just got to call them out if we expect the lying to stop.
Glass Houses

Wait, did you just say that a person can make a difference simply by posting comments in the comment section? lol

I think you're giving the power of posting too much credit. :)

• Banned

Glass Houses
Tend to your goats boy, tend to your goats.

• Banned

Wait, did you just say that a person can make a difference simply by posting comments in the comment section? lol

You are not trying to sway the mind of a paid off writer. You are trying to sway the mind of the reader.

You are not trying to sway the mind of a paid off writer. You are trying to sway the mind of the reader.
Readers come back later? Or do you get to post comments BEFORE anyone reads an article?

How many 'readers' do you think pay close attention to the comments section and better -- how many do you think take comments seriously?

Reading some of your stuff, since last I was here I've noticed You spend an awful lot of effort discussing goats and gays. Is there anything you'd like to get off your chest here?

Readers come back later? Or do you get to post comments BEFORE anyone reads an article?

How many 'readers' do you think pay close attention to the comments section and better -- how many do you think take comments seriously?

Reading some of your stuff, since last I was here I've noticed You spend an awful lot of effort discussing goats and gays. Is there anything you'd like to get off your chest here?
I find it truly remarkable I write a thread on liars, losers and bullsh#t artists and here you are.

That is what we folks in cyber world need to be doing. Not so much as attack the press directly but in their comments section. We simply cannot expect honesty in the press until we call them out in public for their lies. And I mean places like Yahoo news where public comment is asked for.

We had the shooting in Orlando and the press is still lying about the weapon of choice. Lets fix that by our comments there. The latest is he did that because he was a "dis-infranchised" homosexual. Despite the fact he swore his actions to islamic state and islam. Lets fix that.

There is no valid reason to accept lies by the press when in their OWN comment sections we CAN speak the truth. Take someone like Yahoo and challenge them head on. Put them in a position where they either have to tell the truth or shut the h#ll up.

Demanding the press tell us the truth has got us no where. We find little to no truth in cyber text, print, TV or radio. Many of those writers think they write above you or you are to stupid to understand. Not sure about you but I think....

Fury

:0) Good luck with that.

Republicans love corporations .. until they don't. They had all kinds of funny names for the OWS crowd and defended the right of corporations to do any damn thing they wanted with their business.

NEWSFLASH: You can't force the media to tell your perception of 'truth.' If you don't like what you're seeing .. change the channel. Fox is on .. which is much closer to your version of 'truth.'

I find it truly remarkable I write a thread on liars, losers and bullsh#t artists and here you are.
I was contacted and told you were posting autobiographical content.

keep up the good work

carry on

luv and all that
Mem
I do truly feel I understand your inability to post/comment on the level of a Dale Smith or tinydancer or S.J. What I do not understand is your lack of grace, manners and adulthood when we find ourselves having to STOOP to your level to explain.

Fury

:0) Good luck with that.

Republicans love corporations .. until they don't. They had all kinds of funny names for the OWS crowd and defended the right of corporations to do any damn thing they wanted with their business.

NEWSFLASH: You can't force the media to tell your perception of 'truth.' If you don't like what you're seeing .. change the channel. Fox is on .. which is much closer to your version of 'truth.'

I know what is going on...but the OWS crowd really didn't have a clue. They didn't understand the underlying cause of the financial crisis or it's origins. You see, the mega corporations ARE the government and vice versa because your corporate gubermint is the largest shareholder of every Fortune 500 corporate entity.Now, who owns USA.INC and all it's subsidiaries that provide the 19 essential "gubermint" services in this "for profit" venture? It's the IMF (International Monetary Fund) which is an offshoot of the Federal reserve central bankers that took it into receivership in 1950. The Global Bank, Bank For International Settlements and the Federal Reserve are ran by the same oligarchs and they are the ones that have enslaved humanity by the age old practice of "pledging" one's labor to pay for a debt. Our sweat equity is what moves their fiat currency that has no intrinsic value...they are simply debt notes. When one fails to meet their financial obligations, the bankers get hard assets on the books via credit extended by nothing that they can then re-sell and the process starts all over again. It is an insidious form of slavery. I wish I knew back in 2009 what I know now after 17,000 hours of reading and research because I would have taken over the OWS protest in Dallas, Texas and I would have been the "face of the movement" because no corporate reporter would have been able to refute me nor debate me on the issues at hand.

Last edited:

keep up the good work

carry on

luv and all that
Mem
I do truly feel I understand your inability to post/comment on the level of a Dale Smith or tinydancer or S.J. What I do not understand is your lack of grace, manners and adulthood when we find ourselves having to STOOP to your level to explain.

Don't sweat the idiots, DF....you have a great handle on how things are....haters are gonna hate and they like to zero in on those whose posts make their little heads spin. If you are not pissing people off and making them think? Then you are wasting your time.You have detractors so you must be doing somethin' right. LOL!

keep up the good work

carry on

luv and all that
Mem

Don't sweat the idiots, DF....you have a great handle on how things are....haters are gonna hate and they like to zero in on those whose posts make their little heads spin. If you are not pissing people off and making them think? Then you are wasting your time.You have detractors so you must be doing somethin' right. LOL!
The return of "Mem". Kind of like cyber herpes I guess.

Rupert Murdoch proved the evil that lies in the media by suing for the right to tell any lie he wants to and furthermore force his employees to lie also.

The media has already won the battle over telling the truth and telling lies. The media can say anything they want.

If you as an individual want the truth you must seek it out on your own. The media is under no legal imperative to assist you.

keep up the good work

carry on

luv and all that
Mem

The return of "Mem". Kind of like cyber herpes I guess.

I look forward to the opportunity to converse with the "Mem" as there hasn't been anyone here yet that can go "toe to toe" with me. Funny how the only ones that have any "game" here are those that I agree with.....

Rupert Murdoch proved the evil that lies in the media by suing for the right to tell any lie he wants to and furthermore force his employees to lie also.

The media has already won the battle over telling the truth and telling lies. The media can say anything they want.

If you as an individual want the truth you must seek it out on your own. The media is under no legal imperative to assist you.

Eh, that goes for all of the media outlets. The heads of these six media conglomerates that control 90 percent of all print, radio and TV media belong to the same clubs like the CFR, Bilderburg Group, Committee of 300. They decide the news and then put their own spin on it. Real investigative journalism is a thing of the past, sadly.

Forum List

Back