AUDIO TAPE inside detention ctr. of separated kids--take a listen if you dare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

centerleftFL

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2018
I don't see a thread on this so if I've duplicate, pardon me in advance. Digital audio catches a lot. These are clear as a bell. It's not pretty.

Pro Publica dropped this about 3PM and everyone trying to download it crashed their servers. The WH press corp was sitting waiting for Sanders to come out. All their cells went off simultaneously with this release and SANDERS CANCELLED the presser.

E SLATEST
Secret Audio Recording of Immigration Detention Center Reveals Inconsolable Children Calling Out for Their Parents

By ELLIOT HANNON

JUNE 18, 20184:56 PM
published an audio recording taken inside a U.S. Customs and Border Protection facility last week that shows just how terrified and desperate the young children separated from their families are. In the recording, which ProPublica says was of roughly 10 Central American children dealing with border patrol and consular officials, you can hear young children weeping and crying out “Mami” and “Papá” over and over again. At one point, a Border Patrol agent interjects. “Well, we have an orchestra here,” he said. “What’s missing is a conductor.”

The recording was taken secretly last week inside the detention facility. Press access to detention centers has been tightly managed, and access to detainees—young and old—has been pretty much nonexistent. The fact that the recording is not part of a choreographed effort by the U.S. government to make its treatment of young children forcibly separated from their parents somehow seem more palatable makes the recording that much more powerful. It is the most truthful depiction yet of what it’s like for the separated children; it is also a mirror being held up to the face of American society.

Secret Audio Recording of Immigration Detention Center Reveals Inconsolable Children Calling Out for Their Parents

I don't see a thread on this so if I've duplicate, pardon me in advance. Digital audio catches a lot. These are clear as a bell. It's not pretty.

Pro Publica dropped this about 3PM and everyone trying to download it crashed their servers. The WH press corp was sitting waiting for Sanders to come out. All their cells went off simultaneously with this release and SANDERS CANCELLED the presser.

E SLATEST

By ELLIOT HANNON

JUNE 18, 20184:56 PM
published an audio recording taken inside a U.S. Customs and Border Protection facility last week that shows just how terrified and desperate the young children separated from their families are. In the recording, which ProPublica says was of roughly 10 Central American children dealing with border patrol and consular officials, you can hear young children weeping and crying out “Mami” and “Papá” over and over again. At one point, a Border Patrol agent interjects. “Well, we have an orchestra here,” he said. “What’s missing is a conductor.”

The recording was taken secretly last week inside the detention facility. Press access to detention centers has been tightly managed, and access to detainees—young and old—has been pretty much nonexistent. The fact that the recording is not part of a choreographed effort by the U.S. government to make its treatment of young children forcibly separated from their parents somehow seem more palatable makes the recording that much more powerful. It is the most truthful depiction yet of what it’s like for the separated children; it is also a mirror being held up to the face of American society.

Who is taking care of the children? How do we know they aren't vulnerable to creepers in there since the public has no access to monitor what goes on in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back