Austrian granny shreds a million euros

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
c390c0f1addaa3309dc1ab4c59a9a6232ab96bb1621576195b0ec3b7d35b8789.jpg

She died in a “retirement home” meaning her kids or grand kids didn't want to be bothered with her. So, she cut up the Euros and left them on her bed.

The disgusting part is the local bank says they will replace the money if the “origin of the money is assured.” Then comes this stupidity:

"If we didn't pay out the money then we would be punishing the wrong people."

From Austrian granny shreds a million euros - The Local

She died in a “retirement home” meaning her kids or grand kids didn't want to be bothered with her. So, she cut up the Euros and left them on her bed.

The disgusting part is the local bank says they will replace the money if the “origin of the money is assured.” Then comes this stupidity:

I think that, the Grandma was a very evil woman in all her life.

It was her money

She could do whatever she wanted with her money!

Silly local bank.

She should have thrown that money into a furnace but I guess she was going for a dramatic exit.

The Austrian old people have a lot of unnecessary money. :)

"Austrian police baffled by tens of thousands of euros scattered in Danube

VIENNA (Reuters) - Mystified police in Austria are trying to find out how more than 100,000 euros ($108,230) in 100 and 500 euro notes came to be floating down an arm of the River Danube."
Austrian police baffled by tens of thousands of euros scattered in Danube

($1 = 0.9240 euros, and the "Danube" = name of river)

Friday afternoon, the Kurier announced that according to the testimonies are looking for a 80-90 year around, demented man who did spilled with the contents of a bag into the Danube. Although a person is not known, the police are looking for. ( I have not found this article in English.)

The money parched in the Vienna police.
423074_szarad_a_penz_a_becsi_rendororson.jpg

Read this morning where they've been turned over to the local police Lost and Found. If nobody claims them - and it's highly unlikely anyone will - the guys who jumped in could get a cut if they're aren't facing charges. The rest will go to the local community. I think it's a Bezirk, a part of Vienna which is almost like its own Austrian state.

Forum List

Back