"Avoid women at all costs"- new Wall Street rule

Are you saying that there are millions of false sexual harassment accusations nationwide?
I am saying there are millions of accusations. We know some are true and some are false but most are unknown.

Overall this means many ( which means millions ) are false
We don't know that at all. But if you believe there are millions, you should at least be able to list a couple of hundred.

Yes we do. Know it.

I do not believe there are millions it is fact there are and the vast majority is a he said she said situation which in turn means many are false.

Just as many rape and sexual assault claims are false.

You asked for one I gave you one now you do not get to keep asking for more because you are too stupid to grasp simple logic and too much of a childish brat to admit you have been owned
I did not ask for one. And you said in one post that you both believe there are millions and you don't believe that there are millions. You are not much of a thinker, I'm guessing.
You absolutely did you idiotic liar.

Now you are just lying making up crap from the back of your poorly educated head which I DID NOT SAY
Nope.

Men today should and are engaging in protective behavior. They avoid women at work. They are videotaping consents prior to dates and keeping careful detailed diaries with supporting texts and emails.
"Men today should and are engaging in protective behavior"........

Women forever have been engaging in protective behavior....pardon us if we don't feel bad that men are finally doing so.
You shouldn't feel bad at all. The best thing to happen is to bring back the Victorian practice of the chaperone. Never allow untelated men and women to be alone. To protect both sides.

"Live and let live" doesn't figure into the issue of sexual harassment, Mac. It is so simple, really. If there are people who have to "worry" about what they say or do, it is because they know they're stepping over the line. It is not true that many women lie. A few do and they get caught, apparently, or no one would know they were lying. HR's and cops aren't stupid.
These threads are just so sad to me. I know most men are decent enough to keep themselves to themselves when it is appropriate. I also know most women who claim sexual harassment are telling the truth. Are we supposed to tolerate the men who can't look at women as anything but sex toys?

No, I will tell you what has become the problem.

Before the era of the #MeToo movement, the work place used to be one of the top, if not the top place for meeting a potential mate.

Here is the problem with women AND men. They no longer know how to do the dance. Both of them have become totally stupid, and I for one, blame this entirely on Hollywood and the corporate raised unrealistic expectations. It is insane.

Men will flirt or approach women, usually who we would think are way "out of their league," and if a women politily indicates that she is not interested, the movies and TV that we watch have given the signal that he needs to not give up, if he just is persistent, he can win her over. Or if he is aggressive enough, he can win her heart.

In the real world, that is called a stalker or sexual harassment.

Women, for their part, have been sent the unrealistic message that no matter who she is, she deserves a prince, she deserves the best. They all want the most attractive, powerful, wealthy men to make overtures to them in the work place, they want guys to act this way. I have seen posts from women in this thread ADMITTING IT.

I had the same sign on the door handle to my office! It had a picture of a 1920's "flapper" type sitting down with a man standing above her. I also had a sign on my bulletin board that read "Caution: unattended children will be sold as slaves."
It may be tongue in cheek, but it is reveals a truth. If an attractive guy harasses a single girl? She isn't going to say boo.

Yet, if it is the wrong guy, and he doesn't get the signal that it is unwanted? Well, then it is "sexual harassment," even though in the movies and TV, he is supposed to be persistent. So of course the wrong guys don't lay off with the aggressive behavior.

So the perception of whether men are flirting and looking for a date, or sexual harassing? That is all up to the women. It is standard that is impossible to be clear for these idiots.

wtf?!

So. . . the upshot is, yes, the OP is correct, for single guys, the safe bet is just don't look for love at work. Either that, or, maybe women just need to start making the first move. I know none of them like that idea, but that is seriously what it comes down to.
I think you are confusing flirting with harassment.

Wow. THAT IS WHAT I AM GETTING AT.

The difference is whether it is wanted by the intended person. That is the only difference.

I am not confusing anything.

It is impossible for a guy that a women wants and finds attractive to "harass" her, it will always be viewed as flirting.

"Sexual Harassment
When someone is harassing you in a sexual manner, for example, snapping your bra strap, making comments about your body, cajoles you, rubs up against you, etc'.
If someone is giving you unwanted sexual attention, that is Sexual Harassment."
Urban Dictionary: Sexual Harassment

"Flirting
Playful banter usually, but not restricted, with members of the opposite sex. This usually includes a conscious desire to flatter the one being flirted with. Flirting is a core aspect of many relationships today between a boy and a girl.

Girls are often caught flirting with each other. In this context, it is usually not intended sexually but playfully.

Nearly all accounts of flirting include subtle sexual innuendos and, to the unexperienced, can sometimes seem harmless."
Urban Dictionary: Flirting

IOW; FEMALE PRIVILEGE.

eY2nxDI.jpg
You are still mixing them up. I agree with a lot of things you've said about conditioning, though you blamed it on Hollywood when it has been going on much longer than that.

At the same time you said someone wouldn't say boo if the harasser was good looking and then you double down with your gif. This simply is not true. Harassment is always harassment and unwelcome no matter who is doing it.

Well, there you go.

Now you know the reason for the OP.

Men on Wall Street need to avoid women at all costs b/c they believe there is nuance. You sit there an tell us there is some, but got me what it is.

:dunno:

I seriously doubt there has ever been a woman that has been sexually harassed by a guy she has been attracted too and really wants, that has said, "listen, I am attracted to you, and like your overtures, but your attempts at flirting I find to be sexual harassment, and if they don't end, I will have to report you. I would prefer you just ask me out after work."

Sorry, I'm just not buying it.
I'd be surprised if a woman, or a man, would feel sexually harassed by someone they were attracted to that was flirting with them. Again, you don't seem to grasp the difference between harassment and flirtation.

Men today should and are engaging in protective behavior. They avoid women at work. They are videotaping consents prior to dates and keeping careful detailed diaries with supporting texts and emails.
Good.

I agree, but that's not the way it is done because the American idiot insists otherwise. How many Americans that absolutely have no idea what did or did not happen 30 something years ago with Kav and Ford declared him damn near if not in actuality a rapist based on NOTHING more than her allegations?? Those idiots are why things like this are news.

That is the point of this thread, and certainly of my posts in this thread. You say you are against such behaviors , and I take you at your word, yet you don't speak out against them, maybe if you did, and other liberals did, things would change. Conservatives screaming "this isn't fair, what happened to innocent until proven guilty?" Isn't going to change any liberals who are willing to throw out all sense of fairness to "get" a conservative. Fair minded liberals must do that. In this particular case all the better if it's fair minded female liberals who stand up and say "enough, this isn't right" and perhaps when enough young ladies realize "hey we're not getting asked out on dates and such because of this crap" things will change.

And of course you could apply this principle to oh so many topics.
Actually, I didn't take "innocent until proven guilty" to be the point of this thread. It has pretty much run to the theme of women are liars, lying in wait to ruin them.

The Kavanaugh circus was 99.9% pure politics and NONE of us know what happened there thirty years ago. I said that repeatedly during the days we debated it here. I defended Ford's right to be HEARD though and it seemed to me her accusations were no weaker than Kavanaugh's defense. A great many people said a great deal of very ugly things in both directions. That is not a good case to allude to, because like you said, it had too much to do with whether they wanted to see him in the Supreme Court.

I do not think it will happen that young ladies are not asked out on dates and such. Human nature does not change. How men treat women certainly can though, when it comes to simple courtesy.

I , obviously, wasn't hear during the Kav stuff and I'm not going to search through old threads, so I'll take your word for what you said. However, I will say this.

No, that woman should NOT have had a right to "tell her story" A woman, or anyone else for that matter, should be required to show at least a modicum of evidence beyond "her story" before such allegations are made in any form that could be made public. Look at the way this guy was relentlessy hammered simply because one woman said something happened. And we see it all the time.

Call me an asshole if you wish, but these women who make allegations that they can't even provide a single shred of evidence to support should be silenced. I don't care if it' against a Republican, a Democrat, or a Communist, or a Martian. No man should be subject to such a spectacle based on a woman's testimony alone. I don't care if 100 women claim something happened common sense tells us if 100 women were sexually mistreated by a man there should be some witness or other piece of evidence to corroborate at least one of the stories.

Then when you add in all the dirty tricks other people are willing to use in conjunction with unsubstantiated claims, you quickly have a situation where men become in affect a second class citizen who isn't afforded the basic of civil rights.
I'm not going to get into the Kavanaugh/Ford thing again. I did it for long enough.

What I am interested in is, what kind of evidence do you expect there to be? As far as sexual harassment, it is going to be her word against his, and the strongest support would be other women who had been treated similarly. Patterns matter. Without that, what kind of evidence should there be, say... against a Harvey Weinstein?
Harvey Weinstein wasn't even a secret! Women knew to offer him sex and he would wrangle a part for them. Many many did.

Then it became his fault.
Ah.....and this is why many women don't report...because losers like this one always blame the woman.
CatFucker is a liberal pretending to be a rwnj.

Women lie. Several women who made complaints against Weinstein already withdrew them because they were exposed as having made the offer.

I have had several friends that lied. A very good friend of mine said that a bartender followed her to the bathroom and raped her. Total lie.
Oh wow, Weinstein was innocent, much like Hitler. Those bitches made him do it.

The "me-too" movement has necessitated this new rule, which is certainly a positive move for Homoamericans seeking employment in finance. The Light-in-the-loafers crowd will have no problem with the new dictates from the Wall Street crowd.

Wall Street rule for the #MeToo era: Avoid women at all costs
How sad guys can't just be respectful and professional while at work.
It’s equally sad to see how some women use false sexual accusations as a tool.

We recently saw how democrats used that to keep Kavanaugh from being nominated.

More women lie about sexual assault or harassment then men lie about their innocence.
Prove this.
The overwhelming number of women proved to be liars. In universities men are prohibited from offering evidence of innocence. The women are for the most part lying. Did we learn nothing from mattress girl, the prison sentence of Brian Banks?

Oddly enough, when a real rape occurs the man is usually a non white minority and culturally incapable of committing such a crime.
I say you are making things up based on what you want to believe.
Good.
Exactly. Best thing to happen.

The "Me Too" movement now has new meaning...hey I'm on unemployment oh Me Too...buuuaaahahahahahaha

The "me-too" movement has necessitated this new rule, which is certainly a positive move for Homoamericans seeking employment in finance. The Light-in-the-loafers crowd will have no problem with the new dictates from the Wall Street crowd.

Even respectful and professional men get falsely accused

Who? How often? Where are you getting all of this information about people being falsely accused as opposed to how many people make truthful accusations and are falsely accused of lying, or who have never reported actual incidents due to fear or the unavailability of legitimate avenues of complaint?

Who is keeping this information?

Women are people people lie when it suits and or benefits them

Or is it your stance that women are possessed of unassailable virtue and are never to be doubted?
Lol, you don't like women much, obviously.

Why don't you types who just want to continue to use/abuse other people just come out and say it? you do understand that you are being confronted with your behavior toward your partners and colleagues, do you not?

I am saying there are millions of accusations. We know some are true and some are false but most are unknown.

Overall this means many ( which means millions ) are false
We don't know that at all. But if you believe there are millions, you should at least be able to list a couple of hundred.

Yes we do. Know it.

I do not believe there are millions it is fact there are and the vast majority is a he said she said situation which in turn means many are false.

Just as many rape and sexual assault claims are false.

You asked for one I gave you one now you do not get to keep asking for more because you are too stupid to grasp simple logic and too much of a childish brat to admit you have been owned
I did not ask for one. And you said in one post that you both believe there are millions and you don't believe that there are millions. You are not much of a thinker, I'm guessing.
You absolutely did you idiotic liar.

Now you are just lying making up crap from the back of your poorly educated head which I DID NOT SAY
Nope.
Yes boy you lied and you know it

Even respectful and professional men get falsely accused

Who? How often? Where are you getting all of this information about people being falsely accused as opposed to how many people make truthful accusations and are falsely accused of lying, or who have never reported actual incidents due to fear or the unavailability of legitimate avenues of complaint?

Who is keeping this information?

Women are people people lie when it suits and or benefits them

Or is it your stance that women are possessed of unassailable virtue and are never to be doubted?
Lol, you don't like women much, obviously.

Wrong again Ravi

I respect women and quite frankly I still open doors , pull out chairs and hold a coat for my wife.

People lie, men and women,so I never take anyone I don't know extremely well at face value.

I don't believe allegations or accusations until proof is provided.

So tell me are you actually trying to say no woman ever has made a false harassment allegation, lied to a boyfriend or husband about being on the pill, etc?

Before the era of the #MeToo movement, the work place used to be one of the top, if not the top place for meeting a potential mate.

Here is the problem with women AND men. They no longer know how to do the dance. Both of them have become totally stupid, and I for one, blame this entirely on Hollywood and the corporate raised unrealistic expectations. It is insane.

Men will flirt or approach women, usually who we would think are way "out of their league," and if a women politily indicates that she is not interested, the movies and TV that we watch have given the signal that he needs to not give up, if he just is persistent, he can win her over. Or if he is aggressive enough, he can win her heart.

Women, for their part, have been sent the unrealistic message that no matter who she is, she deserves a prince, she deserves the best. They all want the most attractive, powerful, wealthy men to make overtures to them in the work place, they want guys to act this way. I have seen posts from women in this thread ADMITTING IT.

It may be tongue in cheek, but it is reveals a truth. If an attractive guy harasses a single girl? She isn't going to say boo.

Yet, if it is the wrong guy, and he doesn't get the signal that it is unwanted? Well, then it is "sexual harassment," even though in the movies and TV, he is supposed to be persistent. So of course the wrong guys don't lay off with the aggressive behavior.

So the perception of whether men are flirting and looking for a date, or sexual harassing? That is all up to the women. It is standard that is impossible to be clear for these idiots.

wtf?!

So. . . the upshot is, yes, the OP is correct, for single guys, the safe bet is just don't look for love at work. Either that, or, maybe women just need to start making the first move. I know none of them like that idea, but that is seriously what it comes down to.

The difference is whether it is wanted by the intended person. That is the only difference.

It is impossible for a guy that a women wants and finds attractive to "harass" her, it will always be viewed as flirting.

"Sexual Harassment
When someone is harassing you in a sexual manner, for example, snapping your bra strap, making comments about your body, cajoles you, rubs up against you, etc'.

"Flirting
Playful banter usually, but not restricted, with members of the opposite sex. This usually includes a conscious desire to flatter the one being flirted with. Flirting is a core aspect of many relationships today between a boy and a girl.

Girls are often caught flirting with each other. In this context, it is usually not intended sexually but playfully.

Nearly all accounts of flirting include subtle sexual innuendos and, to the unexperienced, can sometimes seem harmless."

IOW; FEMALE PRIVILEGE.

eY2nxDI.jpg
You are still mixing them up. I agree with a lot of things you've said about conditioning, though you blamed it on Hollywood when it has been going on much longer than that.

At the same time you said someone wouldn't say boo if the harasser was good looking and then you double down with your gif. This simply is not true. Harassment is always harassment and unwelcome no matter who is doing it.

Well, there you go.

Men on Wall Street need to avoid women at all costs b/c they believe there is nuance. You sit there an tell us there is some, but got me what it is.

I seriously doubt there has ever been a woman that has been sexually harassed by a guy she has been attracted too and really wants, that has said, "listen, I am attracted to you, and like your overtures, but your attempts at flirting I find to be sexual harassment, and if they don't end, I will have to report you. I would prefer you just ask me out after work."

I'd be surprised if a woman, or a man, would feel sexually harassed by someone they were attracted to that was flirting with them. Again, you don't seem to grasp the difference between harassment and flirtation.
Yes, if I was interested in someone who suddenly harassed me instead of flirting, that would be the end of my interest in him.

wtf?!

"Sexual Harassment

"Flirting

IOW; FEMALE PRIVILEGE.

eY2nxDI.jpg

Well, there you go.

Again, you don't seem to understand, you have female privilege, you live in your own little world, and don't grasp that it is a matter of perspective. It depends on POV. There is no difference.

Ravi, I like you, I love your contributions to the board, but I also understand, you are not the sharpest knife in the drawer, so I am going to be patient with you. I was just going to let this go, and walk away. But, in the interest of creating a constructive dialog for everyone, let us bring out a CONCRETE EXAMPLE for other lower intellects, shall we?

When I was young, in school, I had always been brilliant, however, my social, or emotional IQ was always dismal. I had a terrible time meeting and interacting with woman. It wasn't until I left my first University and went to work in a resort town, the type you saw in the movie, "Dirty Dancing" and met one of the locals, became fast friends with him, a real player, who taught me the fine art of seduction, that I learned how to flirt.

SO it was that I learned the "making eyes" game. The most basic of flirting game, where you check someone out, but don't get caught checking her out. AND, if you do, you have the balls to smile (nicely) and say "hi." Then, you don't look at them again, or, alternatively, you try to catch them checking you out, in which case, as the man, it is YOUR duty, to go introduce yourself.

IT is a sophisticated dance.

All this I never knew. It is probably something I should have learned in junior high, but didn't pick up till my early twenties.

Now, I relate this, because, there are actually A LOT of men that just don't get how this most basic of flirting game is played.

Did you know, that STARING at a woman, if the woman does not like you, and you do not do it right, IS CONSIDERED SEXUAL HARASSMENT?

Things discussed that are Sexual Harassment;

Is It Sexual Harassment to Stare at Another Employee for More Than 5 Seconds?

Is It Sexual Harassment to Stare at Another Employee for More Than 5 Seconds?
"Among the things discussed were avoiding "lingering hugs," flirting and not repeatedly asking for a colleague’s phone number when turned down for it the first time. Oh, don’t stare at someone for more than five seconds."
<snip>

And the best part of the article, basically supports the premise of this thread. :21:

". . . This is not difficult, guys. In fact, allow me to save everyone some time and corporations a boatload of training dollars. Here's all the sexual harassment training you need: keep your mouth shut.

Don't comment. Don't compliment. Don't offer your opinions on how someone looks. Don't do anything in the office or behave in any way towards a female that, if some guy were behaving the same way towards your daughter, you would be inclined to punch him in the face. Just shut up and do your work. When you talk, talk about work. You want to be inappropriate? Don't. But if you feel the need, then do it on your own time and not in my office.. . "

So your premise is that there is a difference between flirting and harassment. However you are WRONG. I maintain it is only the girl who decides.

LOOKING at a girl in both cases is the same. In one case it could be flirting, in the other case it is harassment. I just depends on how she feels about the gaze of the guy that is looking at her.

"Sexual Harassment

"Flirting

IOW; FEMALE PRIVILEGE.

eY2nxDI.jpg

Well, there you go.

Yes, if I was interested in someone who suddenly harassed me instead of flirting, that would be the end of my interest in him.

You would not be interested in someone that could possibly sexual harass you silly.

"Sexual Harassment

"Flirting

IOW; FEMALE PRIVILEGE.

eY2nxDI.jpg

Well, there you go.

You would not be interested in someone that could possibly sexual harass you silly.
That's a silly statement.

Forum List

Back