Axios reported, “Unsold electric cars are piling up on dealer lots.”

Is this a topic that Liberals and Conservatives can have a discussion on.

I own a Honda Accord and won't be buying an E.V.

But, I have read some history and know that wagon owners never believed the automobile would amount to anything at all. Didn't anticipate a lot of things, including Henry Ford's assembly line and cheap Model T's.

So, I have an open mind.

How do EV's in the USA go toward offsetting the two coal plants a week China is opening?
Not politics.

Please move this to the appropriate forum.

I recommend the dumpster at the bottom of the page since there are waiting lists for most EVs.

But, I have read some history and know that wagon owners never believed the automobile would amount to anything at all. Didn't anticipate a lot of things, including Henry Ford's assembly line and cheap Model T's.

So, I have an open mind.

How do EV's in the USA go toward offsetting the two coal plants a week China is opening?

Ya need a link to back up your title and OP there kiddo.

So, I have an open mind.

That's just it, leftists want the US to make up for all of the polluting China, India, and several other countries are doing. We have to live like paupers in order to make up for other countries and the bottom line is the planet isn't going to be saved anyway.

Odd. I have a friend that wanted one and was told there was a 6-9 month wait
yao-ming-nobody-cares-said-S.jpg

So, I have an open mind.

The lefty idiots can't figure out that the average Joes and Janes can't afford electric cars as a reasonable alternative. The only electric cars that are affordable to the average American are nothing but a pair of roller skates with a body built over them and are not going to work out for a family to go on vacation, bring home the groceries, or for being used by soccer moms and dads.

Losses per vehicle is a nonsense number. The total costs have to be amortized over a reasonably number of deliveries, and they are simply not producing enough units to get there just yet. It's only a matter of time before they break even and then start to be profitable.
How is it nonsense?

They take the total losses on the electric vehicles and divide that by the number of cars sold. Now is that nonsense?

Last edited:
The ideal situation for an electric car is if you have a relatively short commute to work and can charge the thing at home and while you are working. Otherwise nobody in their right mind would tow a trailer or take a scenic trip in the thing with unreliable charging stations and a freaking two hour wait if you found one. Electric cars are a one trick pony (no pun intended) that relies on a fascist administration.
Tesla's DC quick-charge stations take 15 to 20 minutes to charge sufficiently.

Elon Musk is numbnuts when it comes to twitter, but with the cars & charging, he did good.

That's why good ole uncle Joe is giving ford 9 billion dollars.

Yes, TAXPAYER dollars. People who cannot afford or don't want an EV are forced to help pay for a rich person to have a status symbol. Does that make sense to you?

The lefty idiots can't figure out that the average Joes and Janes can't afford electric cars as a reasonable alternative. The only electric cars that are affordable to the average American are nothing but a pair of roller skates with a body built over them and are not going to work out for a family to go on vacation, bring home the groceries, or for being used by soccer moms and dads.
My kid just bought a Subaru hybrid (6 months ago) for 32K

Hybrids most definitely are electric cars. They use virtually the same technology.
Not really. A hybrid allows you to overcome the battery problems that come with a pure electric car. There is a pretty massive difference in the battery for an electric car which weighs over 1000 pounds and a hybrid battery which weight 1/10th that.

Completely different and not carbon free or fuel free.

Forum List

Back