In California Your EV May Soon Be Supplying Electricity To the Grid

Imagine charging up your car in California overnight so you can make that hour long 15 mile commute to work only to find you’re at 40% charge in the morning.

Welcome to California!

Spoiler- nobody’s ever going to be doing that to my fossil fuel vehicles.

do you have a locking gas cap?

Several things here........................

First off, it even says in your link that the technology to do so is still in the infancy stages, meaning it isn't viable yet, as well as says that it's very cost prohibitive right now.

They haven't figured out how to do 2 way charging yet.

Second, did you notice that this is from a European source?

I think this is just a bunch of people "blue skying" a solution, and one that won't work and will be abandoned in a little while.

Imagine charging up your car in California overnight so you can make that hour long 15 mile commute to work only to find you’re at 40% charge in the morning.

Welcome to California!

Spoiler- nobody’s ever going to be doing that to my fossil fuel vehicles.

I love it!

Several things here........................

First off, it even says in your link that the technology to do so is still in the infancy stages, meaning it isn't viable yet, as well as says that it's very cost prohibitive right now.

They haven't figured out how to do 2 way charging yet.

Second, did you notice that this is from a European source?

I think this is just a bunch of people "blue skying" a solution, and one that won't work and will be abandoned in a little while.
First, all Solar home systems are 2 way. When I lived in Taxifornia I sold my electricity back for pennies on the dollar.

Second, source is irrelevant. Lame stream media’s function is to keep people in the dark about real issues and talk about UFO’s and mythical manmade Gorebal warming.

First, all Solar home systems are 2 way. When I lived in Taxifornia I sold my electricity back for pennies on the dollar.

Second, source is irrelevant. Lame stream media’s function is to keep people in the dark about real issues and talk about UFO’s and mythical manmade Gorebal warming.

Electric vehicles AREN'T solar home systems. Read your own link. Yes, HOME SOLAR SYSTEMS (not EV's) are two way. Currently, electric vehicles AREN'T (again, read your own link).

Apparently, you are the one who is trying to scare people with mythical systems that haven't even been sustainably created yet.

Electric vehicles AREN'T solar home systems. Read your own link. Yes, HOME SOLAR SYSTEMS (not EV's) are two way. Currently, electric vehicles AREN'T (again, read your own link).

Apparently, you are the one who is trying to scare people with mythical systems that haven't even been sustainably created yet.

Yeah, but all that needs to be done is a software change. Not difficult at all. And, it can be done remotely without the EV owner knowing it was done.

additional cost of installation, estimated at $3,700 per vehicle

Gotta love it. They can't sell the damned things now and already, Newsom is trying to further increase their cost by $5,000! :21:

You wake up to go to work to find that you have a dead battery because the state stole back all the power you paid for all night to have! :laughing0301:

Gotta love it. They can't sell the damned things now and already, Newsom is trying to further increase their cost by $5,000! :21:

You wake up to go to work to find that you have a dead battery because the state stole back all the power you paid for all night to have! :laughing0301:
All of the safety agendas on vehicle have upped the price massively on them. It is not that we do or do not need them it is just how much do we need?

EVs will soon charge the California power grid.

As if trying to charge EV’s wasn’t already a reason to never buy one.

Yeah, you're full of it, as per usual, but facts are facts.

I have them, you don't.

Okay, if you have facts as you claim, post links showing that it is possible to make an EV do 2 way charging with just a software update. I'm especially interested in seeing how it can be done remotely without the owner knowing it's been done.

Hey genius, currently you HAVE to hook an EV up to a charging station to get it charged, and if you wanted to take power from the vehicle "remotely without the owners knowledge), you would HAVE to hook some kind of cable up to it.

Like I said, your claims are bullshit.

Okay, if you have facts as you claim, post links showing that it is possible to make an EV do 2 way charging with just a software update. I'm especially interested in seeing how it can be done remotely without the owner knowing it's been done.

Hey genius, currently you HAVE to hook an EV up to a charging station to get it charged, and if you wanted to take power from the vehicle "remotely without the owners knowledge), you would HAVE to hook some kind of cable up to it.

Like I said, your claims are bullshit.

It's in the OP's link, for one...dumbass!

It's in the OP's link, for one...dumbass!

Nothing in the OP's link says anything about it being done with just a software change. Matter of fact, it specifically states that the technology is still in it's infancy, and requires some systems to be installed (i.e. hardware), and they haven't figured out how to do that without it being prohibitively expensive.

Again................your claims of it being possible with just rewriting the software and also that it can be done remotely without the owner's knowledge are pure unadulterated bullshit.

Nothing in the OP's link says anything about it being done with just a software change. Matter of fact, it specifically states that the technology is still in it's infancy, and requires some systems to be installed (i.e. hardware), and they haven't figured out how to do that without it being prohibitively expensive.

Again................your claims of it being possible with just rewriting the software and also that it can be done remotely without the owner's knowledge are pure unadulterated bullshit.

From the OP... "To achieve this, PG&E is urging General Motors (GM) to expand its pilot program and install bi-directional charging software across its current fleet of EVs. Ford is promoting its F-150 Lightning electric truck as a backup power source, and Tesla plans to introduce two-way charging in its models in the coming years."

DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Forum List

Back