Axios reported, “Unsold electric cars are piling up on dealer lots.”

MACAULAY

Platinum Member
Jun 23, 2013
Is this a topic that Liberals and Conservatives can have a discussion on.

I own a Honda Accord and won't be buying an E.V.

But, I have read some history and know that wagon owners never believed the automobile would amount to anything at all. Didn't anticipate a lot of things, including Henry Ford's assembly line and cheap Model T's.

So, I have an open mind.

How do EV's in the USA go toward offsetting the two coal plants a week China is opening?

Is this a topic that Liberals and Conservatives can have a discussion on.

I own a Honda Accord and won't be buying an E.V.

But, I have read some history and know that wagon owners never believed the automobile would amount to anything at all. Didn't anticipate a lot of things, including Henry Ford's assembly line and cheap Model T's.

So, I have an open mind.

How do EV's in the USA go toward offsetting the two coal plants a week China is opening?

EMH has been saying this for MONTHS now...

Then Traitor Joe handed Ford a $9 billion taxpayer funded "loan" to build even more EV capacity...

and the GOP just bowed and nodded....

Get ready for the discount EV at a dealer near you.
How can they afford to discount them?

Ford Loses This Whopping Amount of Money on Each EV It Makes

By Daniel Miller – May 13, 2023 at 4:02AM

KEY POINTS​

• Ford's Model e segment loses roughly $66,000 per EV sold.
  • Expect Model e losses to spike again in 2023.

• Thanks
Reactions: EMH
Picture2.png

~S~

The ideal situation for an electric car is if you have a relatively short commute to work and can charge the thing at home and while you are working. Otherwise nobody in their right mind would tow a trailer or take a scenic trip in the thing with unreliable charging stations and a freaking two hour wait if you found one. Electric cars are a one trick pony (no pun intended) that relies on a fascist administration.

Odd. I have a friend that wanted one and was told there was a 6-9 month wait

Last edited:
Losses per vehicle is a nonsense number. The total costs have to be amortized over a reasonably number of deliveries, and they are simply not producing enough units to get there just yet. It's only a matter of time before they break even and then start to be profitable.

What are we supposed to discuss? A claim you made with nothing to support it?

Losses per vehicle is a nonsense number. The total costs have to be amortized over a reasonably number of deliveries, and they are simply not producing enough units to get there just yet. It's only a matter of time before they break even and then start to be profitable.

That's a highly dubious prediction. Go on CNBC and make that claim...

LOL!!!

Discounts for EV’s have been in place for years. You can currently get up to $15,000 in discounts.

Indeed, you are an expert on government handouts, perks, tax breaks, and preferential treatment...

The ideal situation for an electric car is if you have a relatively short commute to work and can charge the thing at home and while you are working. Otherwise nobody in their right mind would tow a trailer or take a scenic trip in the thing with unreliable charging stations and a freaking two hour wait if you found one. Electric cars are a one trick pony (no pun intended) that relies on a fascist administration.
The idea is to stop people from traveling......not to replace their transportation

How can they afford to discount them?

Ford Loses This Whopping Amount of Money on Each EV It Makes

By Daniel Miller – May 13, 2023 at 4:02AM

KEY POINTS​

• Ford's Model e segment loses roughly $66,000 per EV sold.
  • Expect Model e losses to spike again in 2023.

That's why good ole uncle Joe is giving ford 9 billion dollars.

Drop those prices. You pay $15-$20k more for an ev to save on gas?

:rolleyes:

The break even point is greater and Han the life of the car.

Odd. I have a friend that wanted one and was told there was a 6-9 month wait
Odd?

"The U.S. electric vehicle market is growing, but not fast enough during the latest quarter to prevent unsold EVs from stacking up at some automakers' dealerships or to allow Tesla to avoid new price cuts, according to analysts and industry data."
________

That's from Reuters', which I associate with very Liberal Bias---which naturally includes Global Warming Alarmism.

Perhaps your experience is different.

Who do I believe, as a natural sceptic? Your unnamed friend (who might be a loon or a liar), or Reuters (who would never report that EV's aren't selling), unless the Truth wasn't overwhelming?

Odd?

"The U.S. electric vehicle market is growing, but not fast enough during the latest quarter to prevent unsold EVs from stacking up at some automakers' dealerships or to allow Tesla to avoid new price cuts, according to analysts and industry data."
________

That's from Reuters', which I associate with very Liberal Bias---which naturally includes Global Warming Alarmism.

Perhaps your experience is different.

Who do I believe, as a natural sceptic? Your unnamed friend (who might be a loon or a liar), or Reuters (who would never report that EV's aren't selling), unless the Truth wasn't overwhelming?
I frankly don’t care

Forum List

Back