AZ passes law saying life beings pre-conception

But she needs to keep an aspirin between her knees! What's the next step. We go Bible-based politics, what's next? I know what's next. She has sex outside of wedlock, she gets stoned.

But she needs to keep an aspirin between her knees! What's the next step. We go Bible-based politics, what's next? I know what's next. She has sex outside of wedlock, she gets stoned.

Wow what a boon to the undertaking business 40% of the wome in america dead?

Exactly! And of course the men will be held blameless.

Good times.

And anybody thinking it wouldn't happen, it's called natural progression. Once you decided it was your business what went on in anybody else's bedroom, and you felt justified in passing judgement, all bets were off.

It certainly feels that way. As I posted above, the NH Senate is voting on six abortion bills.

I guess they have enough jobs. And money is so good, they can forfeit federal funds. WTF. Seriously, wtf.

111629_f520.jpg

Hierarchy of Needs, one is to reproduce. You can't legislate human needs.

I thought liberals believed in science?

Technically, a sperm and egg are living things. Just like our blood cells are living things. And plants are living. And fruit flies. And grass. And a cockroach. It depends on your definition of "life" I suppose. Is a sperm or egg a human life yet? No, I dont think so. But it is "life".

But then again...liberals have historically supported or even advocated the idea of eugenics, so it's not suprising they are anti-life.

ITS NOT ANTI-LIFE ITS PRO SELF. STINGY LIKE CONSERVATIVES.

So again, you agree that any male who masturbates is guilty of murder then, right?

the allegedly 'small government GOP'er Jan Brewer has signed into law saying, essentially, life begins two weeks before conception.

so now, every time you ovulate...congrats you're a mom.

nutters...

AllGov - News - Arizona Law Declares Life Begins before Conception: Update

the statute...one of the most disgusting i've ever read.

http://www.azleg.gov/legtext/50leg/2r/adopted/s.2036jud.pdf

Whoever wrote that can't read very well. Don't freak out, but a fetus has what is called a gestational age. Whether or not a person calls it a baby, fetus or unwanted problem, it's a living thing and the doctors determine gestational age by the last menstrual period. They are not saying it is a viable fetus at that point, so chill out. I think some should avoid medical facts because it forces them to understand things they'd rather not know.

From the actual bill.
4. "Gestational age" means the age of the unborn child as calculated from the first day of the last menstrual period of the pregnant woman.

In order to perform safe abortions, it is necessary to be fairly accurate as to the gestational age. Abortions after 20 weeks are more risky and the baby can feel pain. I don't know why anyone would wait that long. The last argument I heard was that the morning after pill should be more readily available so a woman wouldn't have to wait.

This is just some people trying to continue the fictional war on women and it's getting old. No one is stopping women from having abortions.

Really? They're not? How about South Dakota, where only one abortionist remains available in the entire state, and the woman has to consult with an 'anti-abortionist' pregnancy center. However, there ARE no such centers in SD. Therefore, everybody has to leave the state. Of the 36% of out-of-state women getting abortion in ND, most are from SD.

That's just one example.

So, who forced abortion doctors out of the state? If there is still one there, it's obviously still legal there, so are you mad because more doctors aren't liberals?

I have heard some refer to anti-abortionists as those who wish to discuss the procedure with the woman.

With any other medical condition, the doctor shows us our x-rays, ultrasound or MRI results, then we get an accurate description of the condition and procedure. For some reason, liberals would prefer that women remain completely ignorant of their condition when they are pregnant and don't like doctors doing tests and showing women results of the ultrasounds. I'm sure they fear that if women were more informed and listened to the heartbeat, they might change their minds and take a different view.

We should expect that doctors are just as thorough before abortions as they are before any other type of surgical procedure, but the liberals claim it's designed to talk them out of it. If being informed about everything that is going on in your body, the procedure and it's results and any complications that may occur changes a person's mind, then that is their right. At least face up to what is happening and then proceed as an informed patient.

You can't force doctors to offer these services. They aren't illegal, but many times it goes against a person's religious beliefs or their conscience. That is just something the left has to deal with.

The liberals do take a different stance when it's animals. How much jail time would a person get for destroying unhatched bird eggs in a nest?

To repeat, this whole thread is based on another complete lie from the left:

Whoever wrote that can't read very well. Don't freak out, but every fetus has what is called a gestational age. Whether or not a person calls it a baby, fetus or unwanted problem, it's a living thing and the doctors determine gestational age by the last menstrual period. "Unborn baby" is just another word for fetus, though some would prefer we call them tumors or warts. They are not saying it is a viable fetus (or that life begins at that point), so chill out. I think some should avoid medical facts because it forces them to understand things they'd rather not know or can't handle.

From the actual bill.

4. "Gestational age" means the age of the unborn child as calculated from the first day of the last menstrual period of the pregnant woman.

In order to perform safe abortions, it is necessary to be fairly accurate as to the gestational age. Abortions after 20 weeks are more risky and the baby can feel pain. I don't know why anyone would wait that long. The last argument I heard was that the morning after pill should be more readily available so a woman wouldn't have to wait.

It's ridiculous that some are trying to twist a medical fact into a conservative plot.

Last edited:
Clementine, so you are saying that abortion clinics should talk more etc. to their clients. Cold reality of that is, that's not what abortion clinics do. They provide a medical service for pay. Perhaps there should be pre-abortion clinics as an option. Instead of protesters in front of the clinics and state intervention into private matters.

Clementine, so you are saying that abortion clinics should talk more etc. to their clients. Cold reality of that is, that's not what abortion clinics do. They provide a medical service for pay. Perhaps there should be pre-abortion clinics as an option. Instead of protesters in front of the clinics and state intervention into private matters.

I am saying that the standards for medical care are such that doctors must ensure that they inform patients so they have an understanding of their condition, including any test results and a full explanation of the procedure or treatment. It's something doctors are obligated to do in any case. If you were diagnosed with cancer, you would have it explained in detail. When it comes to abortion, it's no different. Liberals want women to remain ignorant about what is going on in their bodies during pregnancy and to just get it over with without having to hear any explanation or see any test results, such as ultrasounds. I realize clinics provide a service for pay, which is no different than any doctors and any medical care. I believe there are laws regarding informing people fully of their situation and treatment. I just noted that some would prefer no discussion at all and just let women get the abortion without any explanation. It goes against everything we normally demand from our physicians.

Seems the problem liberals have is that there aren't abortion clinics on every corner with a staff of doctors ready to do the procedure and sugar coat everything to make it sound like no big deal. And they'd like others to pay for it. That is just not realistic.

The thread title is an outright lie, claiming that AZ is saying life begins two weeks before conception. The actual bill that I quoted talks about the gestational age of a fetus and that is merely medical terminology. Fetuses have a gestational age and they are trying to make it sound like something else entirely. Lies like this go to show that they can't handle even the basic truths about pregnancy and abortion. It's something they don't want to talk about or educate women on. "Don't think about it, just do it" seems to be the message here. And now they twist medical terms to try and scare women into thinking that states will outlaw abortions, all because they can't or won't distinguish between when a fetus is considered viable and it's gestational age.

I realize people will do more spinning in an election year, but this is beyond the pale. Read the actual bill and see that the thread title is a lie. It's meant to scare.

Last edited:
Obligated? I have been seeing a medical doctor that put shots in my spine. He didn't show me the x-rays. Or tell me how he was going to do the procedure. I have government insurance through the military, he focuses on what they want done. And frankly most doctors do. I guess in election year it might not be a good idea for the right to demand pre-abortion clinics on every corner.

Last edited:
Well, I think that the GOP should push it in every state. Really should help them in November.

i know. it should help them greatly with women voters. :D

you know... they rant and rave and say how they're the party of small government and fiscal conservatism, but seems the second they're given an ounce of power, they go off into rabid religious zealot mode.

someone really needs to tell them that normal people really don't think like they do.

Looks like the Grand Old Party is determined to blow this election based on some phony version of "conservatism" they want to try and force upon us...........

Roe v. Wade (1973)

The Court ruled that the states were forbidden from outlawing or regulating any aspect of abortion performed during the first trimester of pregnancy, could only enact abortion regulations reasonably related to maternal health in the second and third trimesters, and could enact abortion laws protecting the life of the fetus only in the third trimester. Even then, an exception had to be made to protect the life of the mother.

In a 7-2 decision written by Justice Harry Blackmun (who was chosen because of his prior experience as counsel to the Mayo Clinic), the Court ruled that the Texas statute violated Jane Roe's constitutional right to privacy. The Court argued that the Constitution's First, Fourth, Ninth, and Fourteenth Amendments protect an individual's "zone of privacy" against state laws and cited past cases ruling that marriage, contraception, and child rearing are activities covered in this "zone of privacy." The Court then argued that the "zone of privacy" was "broad enough to encompass a woman's decision whether or not to terminate her pregnancy." This decision involved myriad physical, psychological, and economic stresses a pregnant woman must face.

Because abortions lie within a pregnant woman's "zone of privacy," the abortion decision "and its effectuation" are fundamental rights that are protected by the Constitution from regulation by the states...

The Supreme Court . Expanding Civil Rights . Landmark Cases . Roe v. Wade (1973) | PBS

thanks for the link, Valerie. but have you seen them doing anything different in recent memory? in their effort to grab "The base", they forget that most of the country isn't where they are.

That is a bit of a stretch, but it gives me pause to reflect on the beauty and sanctity of human procreation.

I've got four (count 'em, 4) chilluns and oh what a bountiful miracle they are each and every one.

#2 cum pop man is married two years now and I'm hoping his wife (my daughter in law) will ovulate 2 weeks prior to my son planting his seed that will hopefully find purchase, benefiting myself a grandchild.

Family isn't legislated, it's relegated- by the likes of me and my fellow ejaculators.

I like you Boopers, but you really shouldn't turn a beutiful event into such a poli-ceptic notion.

i'm not boopers, lol.. I'm Jillian. ;)

I don't think the issue is whether you value your children. Congratuations on the choices YOU decide to make. But women aren't stupid. Women can make them choices wby themselves without some law that gives their husbands and parents the right to intervene in their decisions... or sue a practitioner for acting on those choices.

That said, I CHOSE to have a child. One... uno! We made that choice because of a lot of reasons. But I can tell you that the final, ultimate choice was mine... not my husband's, not my parents' and, most importantly, not some uber religious zealot who decided I should be forced to live the way they tell me.

the allegedly 'small government GOP'er Jan Brewer has signed into law saying, essentially, life begins two weeks before conception.

so now, every time you ovulate...congrats you're a mom.

nutters...

AllGov - News - Arizona Law Declares Life Begins before Conception: Update

the statute...one of the most disgusting i've ever read.

http://www.azleg.gov/legtext/50leg/2r/adopted/s.2036jud.pdf

holy cow..you people call yourselves compassionate human beings
but you all sure didn't mind when Government stepped in to make ABORTIONS legal

Last edited:

Forum List

Back