B/F police recruit fails shooting test; calls her gun racist

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
Ok so half of you will respond predictably to this because its heresy. Oh well. This is for the other half....

So as many here know...my neighbor is an active police officer and I am a retired one. I was talking to him today after he went to an continuing education course at the SC police academy last week. And he shared a story that the instructors there told him while at lunch.

Last month they had a black female recruit fail her shooting quals. They get 3 chances to pass these days. She was so bad...that at 15 yards.she bounced a few rounds off the ground. At 25...not a single shot out of 30 hit the paper..much less the silhouette.

After failing her final attempt...she became irate, threw her empty Glock 22 down and called the gun racist. Its heresy. ...but he says the instructors said they recovered the gun and removed her from the range. During her discharge interview from the academy her host agency training officer picked her up and they couldnt get her to clarify how a gun could be racist?

He says she left the academy threatening to get a lawyer. But he doesnt know what came of it.

So we have racist guns now folks.

I guess a positive note is they didnt pass her. A more politically correct state academy may have passed her or lowered the standard to help their diversity numbers.

Not SC. Standards is the same for all. Even those who got issued a racist Glock.

The bullets were racist.
She should have used Black Talon ammo.
upload_2015-1-12_13-21-6.jpeg

When I ran the Navy small arms range on the base in Groton CT. We would get female sailors to qualify for the .45 cal and the 870 shotgun. Most could not hit the board side of a barn with the .45 and the shotgun would knock them over if you did not have your hand on the back of their shoulder.

Never had any problems with women qualifying with the pistol in the Marine Corps.
Nor in the Navy after they went through instruction. It was the ones that were there to qualify for watch, all they got was the safety course before shooting.

Ok so half of you will respond predictably to this because its heresy. Oh well. This is for the other half....

So as many here know...my neighbor is an active police officer and I am a retired one. I was talking to him today after he went to an continuing education course at the SC police academy last week. And he shared a story that the instructors there told him while at lunch.

Last month they had a black female recruit fail her shooting quals. They get 3 chances to pass these days. She was so bad...that at 15 yards.she bounced a few rounds off the ground. At 25...not a single shot out of 30 hit the paper..much less the silhouette.

After failing her final attempt...she became irate, threw her empty Glock 22 down and called the gun racist. Its heresy. ...but he says the instructors said they recovered the gun and removed her from the range. During her discharge interview from the academy her host agency training officer picked her up and they couldnt get her to clarify how a gun could be racist?

He says she left the academy threatening to get a lawyer. But he doesnt know what came of it.

By the other half do you mean USMB's racists that will believe your story because they hunger to believe it?

Actually the females at the ranges I been too would outshoot the men alot.
We had this one Black female from Texas that was the best shot in our company. It was embarrassing. Not because she was a female but because she had never laid hands on a weapon before joining the military.

By the other half do you mean USMB's racists that will believe your story because they hunger to believe it?
Do you disbelief it because of YOUR prejudices?

The story isn't about what bad shots women are because many are excellent shots. The story is the excuse given for failure.

I heard of that range before, they also have unicorns flying above the ceiling for realism.

Forum List

Back