Back from the Dead

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
Doctor Sam Parnia Believes Resurrection Is A Medical Possibility - SPIEGEL ONLINE

SPIEGEL: As a researcher, you not only work on resuscitation but also on what people experience during the process. But these people are clinically dead. They don't experience anything.

Parnia: At least, according to our perception of consciousness. And yet, over the last 50 years since the arrival of CPR, literally millions of people have gone beyond the threshold of death and come back. Many of them tell us incredible stories of their experiences. I myself have studied more than 500 people with NDEs (Near Death Experiences).

SPIEGEL: What exactly do they tell you?

Parnia: Typically, they report being very peaceful. Some see a bright light, others feel the presence of a warm, loving, compassionate being. Many describe having a review of their lives, from childhood up to that point. Others tell of encounters with family members who have died. Others report out-of-body experiences. They feel they witnessed the scene of their resuscitation from a position near the ceiling of the room. Some even correctly describe conversations people had, clothes people wore, events that went on 10 or 20 minutes into resuscitation. One of the most fascinating NDE tales was published in 2001 in medical journal The Lancet. A man asked his nurse for his dentures, which he remembered he had put in a cupboard during his cardiac arrest.

SPIEGEL: There's no scientific proof for any of these stories. Do you believe them?

Parnia: These experiences feel very real to those who had them. Why should we doubt the reality of their experience? NDEs occur everywhere, in all cultures, in every country, in religious people and atheists, even in children younger than three years old. It would be wrong to see them as mere fabrications.

SPIEGEL: What's your personal take on them?

Parnia: It looks like people's consciousness does not get annihilated just because they are in the early stages of death. It's a medical paradox.

Again, science is turning what we once thought to be miraculous, like the idea of the universe being instantly created, and is turning it into the merely providential.

There are so many accounts of out of body experiences that a lot of doctors feel that a part of man continues on.
There was a person here that mentioned being hurt in one location, and being at his mother's home at the same time. He's not a believer, but nevertheless, he experienced what is described in the Bible. He was absent from the body, and yet totally aware, and multidimensional. He could see his mom, or her house, but no one saw him.
The transition is seamless, time alters, there's no loss of faculties, you weigh less. :)

It happened to me when I was a kid, and as close as I came to leaving, I'm so grateful for the experience, because I feel like I know exactly what it's like to make the transition. We keep right on going. It changed my perspective on life. And I was young enough that all my life I've sort of just taken it for granted.

Last edited:
I have had what I call a 'reverse NDE' twice now, as I have had dreams where I spoke with relatives and said good bye, then woke and later found out that they had died while I was asleep.

As to other NDE cases, this one is compelling IMO.

Pam Reynolds case - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Note that the critic simply assumes that Pamela could hear the conversation and knew the shape of all the instruments used in her surgery because that would be required for an informed consent doc.

lol, I have had three surgeries and none of the pre-operational discussion had any descriptions of instruments used, which tells me the critics are full of shyte. Also even were she conscious, how would she have noticed that the saw used on her head looked like a toothbrush? Also, her eyes were taped shut.

These critics would rather accept the most idiotic explanations rather than change their presumption that the would of the soul might actually exist. And these days, with science pretty much proving the existence of other dimensions, other universes, etc, where is the basis for rejecting the idea that there might be a soul? QM seems to make room for all kinds of things. Reminds me of Sagan's idiotic 'the light they see is the memory of seeing the opening of their mothers birth canal when they were born' when no one can see anything as a baby coming out of that vagina, lol.

There is a prejudice among secularists to reject anything of a spiritual explanation and accept any materialistic explanation. In Star Trek the Next Generation, every storyline that has a godling with a totally secular/sci fi background story, it is real, but every time it has a religious background story (the Devil or whatever) it is a fraud.

Funny aint it?

Forum List

Back