🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Background checks are MANDATORY in every State.

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
North Carolina
I keep hearing the same ignorant lie from the gun grabbers. That somehow some states don't do background checks on firearm purchases. The ONLY exception is a private sale between two private citizens. EVERY firearm sold by an FFL MUST have a background check. FEDERAL LAW. One must show ID and prove they are from the State they are buying the weapon in as well.

Before you embarrass yourselves some more learn the FACTS.

Gun Shows by State

A total of 11 states require background checks for at least some gun purchases at gun shows. Seven of those states require background checks for all gun purchases, while four states require background checks for only handgun purchases.

The seven states requiring background checks for all purchases include:

California
Colorado
Connecticut
Illinois
New York
Oregon
Rhode Island
The four states requiring background checks for only handgun purchases include:

Hawaii
Maryland
New Jersey
Pennsylvania
In Florida, private firearms purchases are subject to background checks in some jurisdictions but not across the entire state. There are no laws regulating private firearms sales at gun shows in the remaining 33 states.

Gun Shows - The Purported Gun Show Loophole and State-by-State Regulation of Gun SHows

Gun Shows by State

A total of 11 states require background checks for at least some gun purchases at gun shows. Seven of those states require background checks for all gun purchases, while four states require background checks for only handgun purchases.

California
Colorado
Connecticut
Illinois
New York
Oregon
Rhode Island

Hawaii
Maryland
New Jersey
Pennsylvania
In Florida, private firearms purchases are subject to background checks in some jurisdictions but not across the entire state. There are no laws regulating private firearms sales at gun shows in the remaining 33 states.

Gun Shows - The Purported Gun Show Loophole and State-by-State Regulation of Gun SHows

Why shouldn't I be allowed to sell my personal possessions to someone else ?

Gun Shows by State

California
Colorado
Connecticut
Illinois
New York
Oregon
Rhode Island

Hawaii
Maryland
New Jersey
Pennsylvania

Which is EXACTLY what I said, private sales are excluded. And private sales are a tiny fraction of sales in Gun Shows or anywhere else, well except black market sales by criminals to criminals.

Gun Shows by State

California
Colorado
Connecticut
Illinois
New York
Oregon
Rhode Island

Hawaii
Maryland
New Jersey
Pennsylvania

Disclaimer. I am in 100% support of Amendment II.
Question...Do you not have to register a car? Do you not have to report the sale or purchase of a vehicle in private sale to the State?

Gun Shows by State

California
Colorado
Connecticut
Illinois
New York
Oregon
Rhode Island

Hawaii
Maryland
New Jersey
Pennsylvania

Question...Do you not have to register a car? Do you not have to report the sale or purchase of a vehicle in private sale to the State?

Actual no you do not. If you do not plan to use said car on a public space you do not have to register it nor license it. States with personal Income taxes and property tax probably require you to list it for tax purposes.

My question to you is, if a poll tax INFRINGES on a right to vote, why is that people can call for a special tax on firearms or ammunition?

CLEARWATER — Pinellas County Sheriff Bob Gualtieri on Tuesday announced plans to strictly enforce a county law mandating background checks for all customers at gun shows, asserting local control in an area that has stubbornly resisted state and federal regulation.

Gualtieri's initiative comes in response to a Tampa Bay Times story last month on the ineffectiveness of local laws closing the so-called gun show loophole. The Times reported that while seven of Florida's most populous counties — including Pinellas and Hillsborough — have ordinances requiring background checks for all sales at gun shows, the laws are largely ignored.

According to Gualtieri, that will no longer be the case in Pinellas County. He said that sheriff's deputies, after extensive consultation with the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, plan to monitor upcoming gun shows either in uniform or through undercover operations.

"We're going to make sure the ordinance is enforced," said Gualtieri, a Republican. "The last thing in the world that I want to see, and I hope anyone wants to see, is a firearm fall into the hands of a person who's prohibited by law from possessing one."

Gun show background check law to be enforced, Pinellas sheriff says | Tampa Bay Times

Perhaps commendable, but pointless.

Criminals don’t obtain their firearms at gun shows.

And law-abiding private buyers and sellers will simply find another venue to conduct their transactions – likely in the vicinity of the gun show.

Gun Shows by State

California
Colorado
Connecticut
Illinois
New York
Oregon
Rhode Island

Hawaii
Maryland
New Jersey
Pennsylvania

There is no right to own or operate a car, there is a right to own a gun.

Gun Shows by State

California
Colorado
Connecticut
Illinois
New York
Oregon
Rhode Island

Hawaii
Maryland
New Jersey
Pennsylvania

No--I don't. I just sold a car yesterday.

Background checks disenfranchise blacks. They can't afford photo id how in the hell can they pass a background check?

Only sales made by an FFL are subject to a background check.

Private sales between non-FFL state residents don’t require a check, someone without a photo ID can exercise his Second Amendment rights.

That’s not the case with regard to the right to vote.

Gun Shows by State

California
Colorado
Connecticut
Illinois
New York
Oregon
Rhode Island

Hawaii
Maryland
New Jersey
Pennsylvania

who would want to deny you this? The person buying it should be cleared regardless. Sell what you like.

You really have Zero argument here. Buy all the weapons you want, buy a fucking tank for all i care, just pass a background check.

Gun Shows by State

California
Colorado
Connecticut
Illinois
New York
Oregon
Rhode Island

Hawaii
Maryland
New Jersey
Pennsylvania

who would want to deny you this? The person buying it should be cleared regardless. Sell what you like.

You really have Zero argument here. Buy all the weapons you want, buy a fucking tank for all i care, just pass a background check.

I'm selling --not buying.

regardless, the person buying from you should pass one to cover both your asses.

I dont want to limit ammo count or what guns you can buy. Just back ground checks and a few other things.

I keep hearing the same ignorant lie from the gun grabbers. That somehow some states don't do background checks on firearm purchases. The ONLY exception is a private sale between two private citizens. EVERY firearm sold by an FFL MUST have a background check. FEDERAL LAW. One must show ID and prove they are from the State they are buying the weapon in as well.

And what percentage of gun sales take place between private sellers? What percentage of private citizens sell guns as their primary source of income?

And what percentage of gun sales take place between private sellers? What percentage of private citizens sell guns as their primary source of income?

Nearly 40 percent of gun transactions in America occur through private party sales.

I think they should either do back ground checks on virtually all transactions or stop doing them all together because now they are just an inconvenience to honest people.

Nearly 40 percent of gun transactions in America occur through private party sales.

I think they should either do back ground checks on virtually all transactions or stop doing them all together because now they are just an inconvenience to honest people.

I think you need to verify that statement; 40% would mean that 200 million guns changed hands through private sales in the last year. There were 300 million sold through FFL dealers in the last year so show me where you got that number.

regardless, the person buying from you should pass one to cover both your asses.

I dont want to limit ammo count or what guns you can buy. Just back ground checks and a few other things.

too bad---I wanna tax everything you sell anyone. It ain't gonna happen.

Forum List

Back