Bacon On a Stick Sells Out For Texas Rangers Home Opener

Jughead

VIP Member
Oct 24, 2013
Hamburger Central
Good stuff. As Emeril Lagasse used to say, "Pork Fat Rules"!

The team offered its “Bacon on a stick” for the first time on Opening Day, and sold out all 600 units it ordered.

“It was extremely popular,” said Shawn Mattox, general manager of Metroplex Sportservice, the vendor at Rangers Ballpark. “We had to bring more in this morning [Tuesday].”

The club has also had to alter its orders for future games in anticipation of a higher-than-expected demand.

The bacon, which is three-quarters-of-an inch thick, sells for $7 and is Hungarian smoked and dipped in maple syrup. It was a new menu item the club unveiled for the 2014 season.

Stick of bacon a hot seller for Rangers - Dallas Texas Rangers Blog - ESPN Dallas

Good stuff. As Emeril Lagasse used to say, "Pork Fat Rules"!

The team offered its “Bacon on a stick” for the first time on Opening Day, and sold out all 600 units it ordered.

“It was extremely popular,” said Shawn Mattox, general manager of Metroplex Sportservice, the vendor at Rangers Ballpark. “We had to bring more in this morning [Tuesday].”

The club has also had to alter its orders for future games in anticipation of a higher-than-expected demand.

The bacon, which is three-quarters-of-an inch thick, sells for $7 and is Hungarian smoked and dipped in maple syrup. It was a new menu item the club unveiled for the 2014 season.

Stick of bacon a hot seller for Rangers - Dallas Texas Rangers Blog - ESPN Dallas

th

My doctor would like me to get my cholesterol level below the national debt, but I'll take two, please. :)

At a state fair last autumn I watched the one booth selling chocolate-covered bacon on a stick sell out in under one hour. Fortunately there was a Walmart nearby and they restocked and were back up and running within 45 minutes and with a 30-minute line already formed when word got out the kid was on a bacon run!

At a state fair last autumn I watched the one booth selling chocolate-covered bacon on a stick sell out in under one hour. Fortunately there was a Walmart nearby and they restocked and were back up and running within 45 minutes and with a 30-minute line already formed when word got out the kid was on a bacon run!
At the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo last month, I tried some chocolate-covered bacon for the first time. I must say, I wasn't impressed.

Until I peeled off the chocolate.

I hope they have defibrillators stationed all around the ballpark. You know, so people can get back to eating more of that bacon! If you are selling bacon on a stick and beer you don't even need to bother with the ballgame. People will come.

My favorite sandwhich is BLT on white toast with just a little mayo....
Looking forward to Summer when the big beefsteak tomatoes are a plenty....

Bacon...I love it.

At the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo last month, I tried some chocolate-covered bacon for the first time. I must say, I wasn't impressed.

Until I peeled off the chocolate.

Has to be better than chocolate covered ants or grasshoppers that were making the rounds at the stores in the late 1970's..

Forum List

Back