Bacon On a Stick Sells Out For Texas Rangers Home Opener

My favorite sandwhich is BLT on white toast with just a little mayo....
Looking forward to Summer when the big beefsteak tomatoes are a plenty....

Bacon...I love it.

Try it with some avocado as well. Delish!

I'd like to find that product and do street sales at lunch....

Ya know, I probably could not actually bring myself to profit from the stupidity of others while contributing to their early death but damn, it would be tempting.

Sell that shit right next to the deep fried twinkies.

:badgrin:

Good stuff. As Emeril Lagasse used to say, "Pork Fat Rules"!

The team offered its “Bacon on a stick” for the first time on Opening Day, and sold out all 600 units it ordered.

“It was extremely popular,” said Shawn Mattox, general manager of Metroplex Sportservice, the vendor at Rangers Ballpark. “We had to bring more in this morning [Tuesday].”

The club has also had to alter its orders for future games in anticipation of a higher-than-expected demand.

The bacon, which is three-quarters-of-an inch thick, sells for $7 and is Hungarian smoked and dipped in maple syrup. It was a new menu item the club unveiled for the 2014 season.

Stick of bacon a hot seller for Rangers - Dallas Texas Rangers Blog - ESPN Dallas

Love bacon...but not with maple syrup...ugh

i had bacon and pancakes for dinner

i put the bacon in between the pancakes for baconakes

sue me
They are in fact quiet popular. McDonalds has a breakfast sandwich comprised of bacon, eggs and cheese in between two flapjacks.

flapjacks_bacon.jpg

Bacon, Egg & Cheese McGriddles :: McDonalds.com

Get rid of the egg and replace it with a sausage patty, and I'm sold.

I wanted to post on this thread. But being a pig kind of presents a conflict of interest that my lawyers can't seem to deal with.

Good stuff. As Emeril Lagasse used to say, "Pork Fat Rules"!

The team offered its “Bacon on a stick” for the first time on Opening Day, and sold out all 600 units it ordered.

“It was extremely popular,” said Shawn Mattox, general manager of Metroplex Sportservice, the vendor at Rangers Ballpark. “We had to bring more in this morning [Tuesday].”

The club has also had to alter its orders for future games in anticipation of a higher-than-expected demand.

The bacon, which is three-quarters-of-an inch thick, sells for $7 and is Hungarian smoked and dipped in maple syrup. It was a new menu item the club unveiled for the 2014 season.

Stick of bacon a hot seller for Rangers - Dallas Texas Rangers Blog - ESPN Dallas

Love bacon...but not with maple syrup...ugh
After hickory smoked bacon, my next favorite is maple flavored bacon. They are both available at Albertsons. The maple flavored bacon smells really great when cooking it. It tastes just as good as it smells. :D

Ok...I went into a Diner just last week, and they were serving something called a 'half-n-half'.

A half pound hamburger with a half pound of bacon.

My heart stopped just thinking about it.

At a state fair last autumn I watched the one booth selling chocolate-covered bacon on a stick sell out in under one hour. Fortunately there was a Walmart nearby and they restocked and were back up and running within 45 minutes and with a 30-minute line already formed when word got out the kid was on a bacon run!
At the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo last month, I tried some chocolate-covered bacon for the first time. I must say, I wasn't impressed.

Until I peeled off the chocolate.

Has to be better than chocolate covered ants or grasshoppers that were making the rounds at the stores in the late 1970's..
Bacon-covered ants and grasshoppers might have been more profitable.

I bought a slab of bacon from here Burger's Smokehouse.

I have an electric slicer. I slice some thin for my wife. The rest I slice 1/4" thick.

When I make burgers on the grill I start with 3/4 lb of ground beef, it will cook down to 1/2 lb.

I take 2 slices of the thick bacon and coat the edges with black pepper.

I cook the bacon on the grill too, then put it on the burger, cover the burger with 2 slices of aged Vermont cheddar, and top with a fried egg.

Mmmmmmm, heaven.

Michelle Obama will not like this at all..
I wonder how the Democrats will attack this.
Maybe add a few changes to ObamaCare to ban the production of all pork products.

Seriously? We can't even talk about bacon on a stick without politicizing it?

Bacon on a stick is the only thing in the world that should unite both parties. The key to ending this divisive behavior is the Bacon party.

Forum List

Back