Bahahahaa! Trump's screws homeowners over - Wall Street Journal

Friend of mine who lives in NY said Trump's tax reform raised his property taxes $4000.
You know homeowners don't pay a federal property tax don't you?

Here, I don't have the time to explain it to you:

Snip:

"Residents in New York, like others around the country, are rushing to file because the new tax code, signed into law last week, limits the amount of state and local taxes people can deduct on their federal returns, according to Donald Clavin, town receiver of taxes in Hempstead, New York. The change could cost some homeowners, especially those in high-tax states, thousands of dollars.""""
:
Snip:
“For weeks, many of us have bemoaned the Republican tax bill for a host of reasons. But high on the list was how punitive it is to high-cost, "blue" states and counties like ours,” Montgomery County Councilmember Roger Berliner, who proposed the bill, said in a statement Tuesday. “Capping the deduction for state and local taxes at $10,000 will take thousands of dollars out of the pockets of a big chunk of our residents, almost 40 percent of whom itemize their deductions today."""

Residents in high-tax states rush to file property taxes before new rules take effect

Friend of mine who lives in NY said Trump's tax reform raised his property taxes $4000.

Snip:

"Residents in New York, like others around the country, are rushing to file because the new tax code, signed into law last week, limits the amount of state and local taxes people can deduct on their federal returns, according to Donald Clavin, town receiver of taxes in Hempstead, New York. The change could cost some homeowners, especially those in high-tax states, thousands of dollars.""""
:
Snip:
“For weeks, many of us have bemoaned the Republican tax bill for a host of reasons. But high on the list was how punitive it is to high-cost, "blue" states and counties like ours,” Montgomery County Councilmember Roger Berliner, who proposed the bill, said in a statement Tuesday. “Capping the deduction for state and local taxes at $10,000 will take thousands of dollars out of the pockets of a big chunk of our residents, almost 40 percent of whom itemize their deductions today."""

Residents in high-tax states rush to file property taxes before new rules take effect
again, it isn't a federal tax. what part of that don't you understand? oh yeah, all of it. too funny. the taxes are ones incurred due to the state and local tax laws paid for with my federal tax money over the last couple of decades. hence saving federal tax dollars. that alone will most likely cover the 1.5 trillion.

Snip:

:
Snip:

Trump did not raise anyone's property taxes. The state charges these property taxes. If the residents don't like paying those taxes, take it up with the state and get them lowered. The more valuable the property, the more tax is paid. You are crying about a bunch of rich people having to finally pay their fair share.

Trump didnt raise property taxes, you fucking idiot.
He lowered a deduction. Sorry your rich friend will have to pay his fair share

He was already paying $22K a year. He pays more in property taxes than you make cleaning toilets in a whole year.
Read the article before you make yourself look even stupider.
He needs to pay his fair share. He voted for those high property tax rates. If he didnt vote for LWNJs, he should move..

I see you refuse to read anything except your own stupid posts. Righties are so fucking lazy.

Snip:

:
Snip:

Trump did not raise anyone's property taxes. The state charges these property taxes. If the residents don't like paying those taxes, take it up with the state and get them lowered. The more valuable the property, the more tax is paid. You are crying about a bunch of rich people having to finally pay their fair share.

I can't believe this. Can't you fucking read? Trump raised property taxes by putting a cap on what can be deducted on their federal and state returns.
THIS OVERRIDES state laws and has nothing to do with state and local taxation.

Just learn to read and then you won't be making such stupid posts like this.

He was already paying $22K a year. He pays more in property taxes than you make cleaning toilets in a whole year.
He needs to pay his fair share. He voted for those high property tax rates. If he didnt vote for LWNJs, he should move..

I see you refuse to read anything except your own stupid posts. Righties are so fucking lazy.
Read the article for what dumbass? Its HIS fault he lives in a high tax state. Tell the bedwetter to but his big boy pants on and pay his fair share.

Snip:

:
Snip:

I can't believe this. Can't you fucking read? Trump raised property taxes by putting a cap on what can be deducted on their federal and state returns.

He CANT Raise property taxes you stupid sumbitch. Good gawd almighty..

See folks, you really DID want to know what was in that tax bill before it passed.

Homeowners Rush to Prepay 2018 Property-Tax Bills
Filers line up at municipal offices before the GOP law kicks in; ‘It’s been insane here’

By
David Harrison and

Jennifer Levitz
Updated Dec. 26, 2017 7:57 p.m. ET

Homeowners across the nation are rushing this week to prepay their property taxes for 2018 before the Republican tax law kicks in Jan. 1 and effectively raises the levy on higher-end homes.

The new legislation, which President Donald Trump signed into law last week, caps at $10,000 the amount of state and local taxes that filers can deduct from their federal tax bill. That means those whose tax bills regularly exceed that amount could benefit by paying more tax in 2017, when the deduction has no limit."""""

Homeowners Rush to Prepay 2018 Property-Tax Bills

Wow, “higher end homes “ you mean the rich are getting taxed more?

Snip:

:
Snip:

Can you possibly become any dumber?

Read the article for what dumbass? Its HIS fault he lives in a high tax state. Tell the bedwetter to but his big boy pants on and pay his fair share.

He didn't vote for Trump to push a shit tax plan of 1097 pages down his or anyone else's throats.
This isn't going to be the only surprise that comes from this disastrous bill that was thrown together by a deranged, mentally ill goon and his band of ass-kissers.
The Republicans have really fucked themselves for 2018 midterms.

He didn't vote for Trump to push a shit tax plan of 1097 pages down his or anyone else's throats.
This isn't going to be the only surprise that comes from this disastrous bill that was thrown together by a deranged, mentally ill goon and his band of ass-kissers.
The Republicans have really fucked themselves for 2018 midterms.
That poor guy. Lives in an area where they TAX THE SHIT out of them. He actually has to pay more of his fair share, and you whiny fucktards bitch?
I bet in a couple weeks when you guys get new talking points, you will go back to blasting the rich saying they dont pay their fair share LOL

That $10K cap on state and local tax deductions is also devastating to small businesses. It's as if the Republicans all brainstormed "what would kill jobs most effectively?", and them implemented the idea.

More commie bullshit, business taxes are calculated separately form personal taxes.

Snip:

:
Snip:

Trump cannot raise state property taxes. He can reduce the amount of the deduction but that does not change the amount of taxes owed. Why are you having such a hard time with this. If the amount of taxes owed is $4,000 and Trump says you can only deduct $2,000 leaving you with a whopping $2,000 property tax bill, the amount of taxes owed hasn't changed. Only the deduction has changed. It was always the same $4,000.

Start electing state officials to reduce the property tax. That's your answer.

How do you think those people in California who benefited from Prop 13 all those years ago feel now? Democrats have been trying to get rid of that and raise property taxes for decades.

Snip:

:
Snip:

He CANT Raise property taxes you stupid sumbitch. Good gawd almighty..

Sorry, but I'm right and you're stupid:

"""But many high-end homeowners could be paying more in property taxes next year because of a new rule that caps the amount of state and local tax deductions at $10,000. Since there is currently no limit on this deduction, people are rushing to prepay their property taxes before the cap kicks in at the turn of the new year.....

The limit also covers state and local income and sales taxes, but the bill prohibits people from prepaying those taxes. Lawmakers left the prepayment of property taxes up to local municipalities.

High-income taxpayers who itemize their deductions currently benefit the most from the unlimited state and local tax deduction, commonly referred to as SALT deduction. Individuals with incomes greater than $100,000 make up roughly 90% of the deduction's beneficiaries, according to an analysis by the Tax Foundation."""""

'It's been insane here': People are lining up in droves to prepay property taxes before the GOP tax law kicks in

LMAO, he lied. The feds don't control property taxes in a State.

Another dumbass who can't even read three lines into a paragraph.
I posted from three separate sources: WSJ, Bloomberg and ABC News
And all of you idiots just want to keep that wet paper bag over your head and hope it doesn't fall off.

Snip:

:
Snip:

Good, those fuckers want high taxes, let them pay them rather than pass them off to the rest of the country. That's why I left NYC back in the nineties.

LMAO, he lied. The feds don't control property taxes in a State.

Another dumbass who can't even read three lines into a paragraph.
I posted from three separate sources: WSJ, Bloomberg and ABC News
And all of you idiots just want to keep that wet paper bag over your head and hope it doesn't fall off.

The feds have no say in property tax rates.

Snip:

:
Snip:

So they will pay more federal income tax, not property tax.

Forum List

Back