🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Bakery Owners Refuse to Pay Gay Extortionists

No individual wanting a public service has a right to be denied on a religious reason. That's just stupid.

Did you feel the same way when years before Oregon used the same PA law to fine a business over 300K for refusing to serve a Christian couple?

don't be ridiculous. *shakes head*

That's just as dumb as this case.

hi marty. I don't think its silly for a business to be forced not to discriminate. but no one was forcing the bakers to write "I love gay people". they had to bake a cake. that's what was silly about the proposed counter-example.

it's using a neutron bomb to kill a gnat.

PA laws were designed to fight pervasive widespread discrimination that took a whole class of people and made them 2nd class citizens. It wasn't designed to punish people for hurting other people's feelings, and what we have here is nothing but that.
This is precisely the argument. Well stated! Gays are not discriminated on a regular basis. If our judges would realize this, we would have less trouble in this country.

and your opinion on this subject is based on?

You should share your picture so we can see what kind of animal YOU look like.

Whatever you do don't share yours...our children may be present

i'd rather have her near my kid than you. *shrug*

Pound sand, you're annoying

and you're a bigoted rightwingnut cow.

i'll pick annoying. thanks, with the full knowledge that i'm only annoying you because i'm right.

I reiterate.... i'd never have wanted my kid around bigots like you. I had no problem with my son around my gay friends.
If you don't want your kids around her type...you must be a bigot.

really? once again, muddy....butt backwards as always. it is not bigotry to point out anothers' bigotry. but i sure as hell wouldn't want her simmering hatred to rub off on my child.

The fascist "gag order" is political overreach at its worst.
Did you feel the same way when years before Oregon used the same PA law to fine a business over 300K for refusing to serve a Christian couple?

don't be ridiculous. *shakes head*

That's just as dumb as this case.
And where were the protests? The GoFundMe accounts? The outrage? Who has been working actively to get PA laws appealed in that state?

Some of us have real jobs, not the time to "rabble rabble rabble" that progressives seem to have in spades.
Interesting how you seem to think that the military and being retired military isn't a "real job".

What happens to any person or business who doesn't pay court ordered damages?
They become political prisoners because liberals decided there is no first amendment.
Political prisoners......they've been arrested? What prison have they been sent to?

You asked "what happens" which means you are wondering about a future event. I answered "they become" .
Well then. You will have to notify us when they go to prison, won't you?

They become political prisoners because liberals decided there is no first amendment.

you might want to bone up on what political prisoners are. because that isn't it. :cuckoo:
Don't you love it? Hyperbole when referring to RWrs.....minimalizing when referring to others.

The poor Cake Bakers are political prisoners....they are gagged. The couple is simply inconvenienced.

Good for them!!

The owners of an Oregon bakery are refusing to pay $135,000 in state-ordered damages to a same-sex couple who were denied service.

Melissa and Aaron Klein, owners of Sweet Cakes by Melissa, cited religious beliefs when they refused to bake a wedding cake for Laurel and Rachel Bowman-Cryer more than two years ago.

The couple were awarded the damages in July by Labor Commissioner Brad Avakian for emotional suffering, saying the owners had violated the women’s civil rights by discriminating on the basis of their sexual orientation. They were also slapped with a gag order that prohibited them from speaking publicly about their refusal to participate in or bake wedding cakes for same-sex marriages.

Oregon bakery owners refuse to pay damages in gay wedding cake case
They were not slapped with a gag order. That is a lie. They were given a cease and desist order that directed them to stop telling people that they would discriminate in violation of the law. They can talk about the injustice of the case, how wrong the judge was, how corrupt he was. They can say anything they want about the case or gay marrige. They cannot, however, tell gay people that they will not serve them as that is a violation of the law.

Bother it all. I'll tell you since no one knows. The order of the Labor Commissioner will be entered as an order of the court. The court can put a lien on all revenues from the business including putting a Marshal's "keeper" on the till or attaching the business bank account.

Since the gays were so enthusiastic and put these people out of business through their threats, there's no till and no bank account. The judgment will lay around for ten years. The couple can go back to court and have it renewed or it will just die.

Bother it all. I'll tell you since no one knows. The order of the Labor Commissioner will be entered as an order of the court. The court can put a lien on all revenues from the business including putting a Marshal's "keeper" on the till or attaching the business bank account.

Since the gays were so enthusiastic and put these people out of business through their threats, there's no till and no bank account. The judgment will lay around for ten years. The couple can go back to court and have it renewed or it will just die.

havng to obey the law isn't "putting people out of business".

did i mention the same baker who was so concerned with the sanctity of marriage made a wedding cake for dogs?

Bakery Agrees To Make Cake For 'Dog Wedding' Despite Turning Away Gay Couples

but it was the gay couple who were the problem?

i think not.

I'm gonna take trip to Oregon, find me a gay baker, and have them bake me a wedding cake that says "the religious sacrament of marriage is between a man and a woman". Think I'll get a $135k pay day when they refuse?
No. Because they are not discriminating against you on the basis of your sexual orientation or for any other reason prohibited by law.

A court never ordered it. A commission did

Great point. Petty bureaucrooks have no business extorting fines.

Avakian, the left loon that ordered it is a jackass. He looks like a little beady eyed weasel
You do, understand, that the law required that he order the damages? That the law in Oregon, passed by the people's representatives, bans discrimination in public accommodation based on sexual orientation.

Whatever you do don't share yours...our children may be present

i'd rather have her near my kid than you. *shrug*

Pound sand, you're annoying

and you're a bigoted rightwingnut cow.

i'll pick annoying. thanks, with the full knowledge that i'm only annoying you because i'm right.

I reiterate.... i'd never have wanted my kid around bigots like you. I had no problem with my son around my gay friends.
If you don't want your kids around her type...you must be a bigot.

really? once again, muddy....butt backwards as always. it is not bigotry to point out anothers' bigotry. but i sure as hell wouldn't want her simmering hatred to rub off on my child.
By showing your own bigotry in the defense of people who are the worst bigots on the planet........next to Muslims that is.

Makes sense.

Liberals rush in to vilify civil disobedience in 3...2...1...
Oh they can civily disobey all they want. What happens next? Are you saying that Oregon's PA law is unjust?
Yes.
To be honest, I never heard of that.
Actually I would have supported their right to refuse service on religious grounds. Sometimes what is right, feels wrong.
The First Amendment makes it clear that the government should place no limits on anyone's right to practice their religion.
If, for the sake of argument, a Muslim owned business refused service to a Christian based on some tenet of his faith, I would stand behind him.

Kind of like the quote mis-attributed to Voltaire: "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

A court never ordered it. A commission did

Great point. Petty bureaucrooks have no business extorting fines.

Avakian, the left loon that ordered it is a jackass. He looks like a little beady eyed weasel
You do, understand, that the law required that he order the damages? That the law in Oregon, passed by the people's representatives, bans discrimination in public accommodation based on sexual orientation.

He still looks like a beady eyed weasel. Now go away, you'll end up getting all butt hurt and then start your attacks. I'm not in the mood

Forum List

Back