🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Baltimore Cops Should Have Kicked Ass!

Much as I woulda enjoyed seeing the officers cracking heads at 10pm their time, if they had it would have actually started a riot. That's what the agitators wanted and were waiting for, police aggression. Way it went down (least until I went to be around 1130 their time) was the best way to handle things.

Police aggression against the people of Baltimore is a lot older than these riots

The city has paid about $5.7 million since 2011 over lawsuits claiming that police officers brazenly beat up alleged suspects. One hidden cost: The perception that officers are violent can poison the relationship between residents and police.

Undue force - Sun Investigates - The Baltimore Sun

mugs-banner.jpg

All larger cities pay out settlements over alledged police brutality. NYC's if I recall is in the tens of millions if not hundreds.

You do realize that is a very small number compared to other cities... As for pot busts....ask the black police chief why he is so racist
its the system not the police chief's color.....Think

And who controls the system?
The US oligarchy ...you are not it...neither am I

Hmmmm...it appears the "oligarchy" has it in for democrat cities.
Or maybe it's just because dems suck at governing.
become Black and move to Mississippi the garden spot of the GOP ...maybe to Kansas eh....get real

Yeah...it must be all those black republicans.

It wasn't hard to see what went wrong in Baltimore on Monday night. The mindless mayor, Stephanie Rawlings, pursued a very dumb policy > to leave the rioters alone, and let them loot, burn, throw rocks etc, so as to not offend them and "escalate" the rioting.

EARTH TO STEPHANIE (and anyone else dumb enough to follow this notion): The mayor got it WRONG. She thought tough tactics by police and the Guard would "escalate" the rioting. It was just the opposite. It was her weak, hands-off tactic that escalated it.

When we protested against the Vietnam War, Washington DC cops (black & white both) kicked ass. They cracked heads and busted legs with their billy clubs. When the National Guard was there, they had fixed bayonets on their rifles, and steel-tipped boots. If that was the case in Baltimore, there wouldn't have been looting, arson or rock-throwing.

image.JPG

chicago.gif
images
In my opinion, citizens should arm themselves in a like manner. The "out-of-control" cops are taking their jobs to the extreme, in many ways. And, what's worse, all they have to say in order to walk is, "I feared for my life", "I feared for my safety", or "he was reaching for his waistband". Our judicial system shows tremendous bias and favoritism to cops, and other members of law enforcement. We have a system of injustice instead of justice. It's time to arrest, try, convict, and sentence cops for their obvious crimes. They get a free pass on murder, stealing, raping, taking bribes, planting evidence, lying in court, covering for other cops, destroying property, stealing and selling drugs, and other offenses they arrest John Q. Public for.

We need to see more cops in our prisons and jails, and by doing so, it'd send a very strong message to other cops that they must obey the same laws as everyone else has to obey. If you or I were to attack someone, beat and brutalize them, we'd go to jail in a heartbeat. If you or I were to shoot someone eight times in the back, we'd be serving time in the big house. If you or I were to break into the wrong house, shoot and kill a 92 year old lady, we'd get the death penalty. If you or I were to shoot and kill a 12 year old boy playing in the park, we'd get the death penalty. If you and I were to be caught on camera, along with 6 or 7 others, beating and kicking someone handcuffed, face down on the ground, we'd be put in jail, fined, and place on probation and have to do community service for a year.

Our problem is not young black males being at the wrong place at the wrong time, it's "out-of-control" cops filled with hate, prejudice, over-sized egos, and a license to basically do as they damn well please. And, our judicial system backs them up 99% of the time. Given a desk job and a paid vacation is really punishment, don't you think? In addition to getting a free pass by the judicial system, we have law enforcement investigating law enforcement when someone complains of wrong-doing by cops. That's the same as your brother doing the investigation if you're accused of a crime. We'd all like to have family and friends in charge of investigating should we be accused of wrong-doing.

Lets be honest here folks, the system is flawed, and recent events is a testament to the problems within law enforcement agencies. This has been going on for a very long time, but it's becoming a real issue since everyone is carrying a cell phone and can take real-time videos of cop misconduct. Cops are now being asked to wear body cameras, which is a great idea, and one that'll serve cops as well as the public. Also, dash cams in patrol cars are giving us better evidence of misconduct, and at the same time, serves as proof when cops are merely doing their job. Cameras can protect both the public and cops when questions are asked about encounters between law enforcement and the general public. We need to ensure the integrity of law enforcement, as well as ensure that citizens are protected against cop misconduct.

I'm embarrassed by the event in Maryland, and I'm ashamed they the world is watching this tragedy. We need to do a better job of ensuring justice and making members of law enforcement accountable for their actions. And, we need to severely punish those that loot, burn building and cars, and destroy property. They need to be placed behind bars for a very long time. I'm all for non-violent and peaceful protests, and we need to do a lot more of it in response to many issues. I'd like to see protests concerning government corruption, senseless deadly costly wars, the mistreatment of our Vets, the loss of privacy, and our growing poverty. But, we do NOT need looting, destruction of property, or violence to have our voices heard. We need to push back against oppression and the heavy hand of "out-of-control" members of law enforcement.

So you advocate violence to fight violence.....

Thanks for the input.:anj_stfu:
I'm totally against violence. And, if you'll take the time to read what I did say, you'll see that I'm against violence. Try reading comprehension, it might do you some good.
You said we should arm ourselves against the cops.

I'm more concerned about the government than the cops. We have a guy currently in the Oval Office that has more in common with those baggy pants criminals doing the looting than he does with us or the cops. He's instigated violence at every opportunity and covered it over with similarly false platitudes such as yours.

We have nothing to fear from the police unless we are trying to break the law. Break the law.....resist arrest.....show your ass to a cop....I would expect him to kick your ass. Without respect for authority all you have is anarchy. This is the transformation Obama spoke of for years. The revolution. A breakdown of society forcing a change. I've learned that change that isn't legitimate or is forced tends to be worse than change that happens naturally.

Much as I woulda enjoyed seeing the officers cracking heads at 10pm their time, if they had it would have actually started a riot. That's what the agitators wanted and were waiting for, police aggression. Way it went down (least until I went to be around 1130 their time) was the best way to handle things.

Police aggression against the people of Baltimore is a lot older than these riots

The city has paid about $5.7 million since 2011 over lawsuits claiming that police officers brazenly beat up alleged suspects. One hidden cost: The perception that officers are violent can poison the relationship between residents and police.

mugs-banner.jpg

All larger cities pay out settlements over alledged police brutality. NYC's if I recall is in the tens of millions if not hundreds.

Point being lawyers are raking It in big-time.

Wednesday, April 29, 2015
Civilian Deaths and Maryland's Police Forces
With the unrest in Baltimore making headline news in recent days, I wanted to take a look at some background information on deaths in Maryland that are related to encounters with the state's various police forces. A recent briefing paper by the ACLU looks at the statistics on deaths in police encounters in Maryland between 2010 and 2014. Here are some of the highlights.
Let's open with this table showing the demographics of Maryland showing the ethnic and racial breakdown of the state:

Now, let's look at some of the statistics from the briefing paper:
1.) At least 109 people died in police encounters in Maryland over the years between 2010 and 2014. During the same time period, four police officers died in civilian encounters including two in vehicle pursuits, one was shot in a raid and one was shot when off-duty and working as a security guard

Viable Opposition Civilian Deaths and Maryland s Police Forces

So a little over a million a year? Chump change.

It wasn't hard to see what went wrong in Baltimore on Monday night. The mindless mayor, Stephanie Rawlings, pursued a very dumb policy > to leave the rioters alone, and let them loot, burn, throw rocks etc, so as to not offend them and "escalate" the rioting.

EARTH TO STEPHANIE (and anyone else dumb enough to follow this notion): The mayor got it WRONG. She thought tough tactics by police and the Guard would "escalate" the rioting. It was just the opposite. It was her weak, hands-off tactic that escalated it.

When we protested against the Vietnam War, Washington DC cops (black & white both) kicked ass. They cracked heads and busted legs with their billy clubs. When the National Guard was there, they had fixed bayonets on their rifles, and steel-tipped boots. If that was the case in Baltimore, there wouldn't have been looting, arson or rock-throwing.

image.JPG

chicago.gif
images
In my opinion, citizens should arm themselves in a like manner. The "out-of-control" cops are taking their jobs to the extreme, in many ways. And, what's worse, all they have to say in order to walk is, "I feared for my life", "I feared for my safety", or "he was reaching for his waistband". Our judicial system shows tremendous bias and favoritism to cops, and other members of law enforcement. We have a system of injustice instead of justice. It's time to arrest, try, convict, and sentence cops for their obvious crimes. They get a free pass on murder, stealing, raping, taking bribes, planting evidence, lying in court, covering for other cops, destroying property, stealing and selling drugs, and other offenses they arrest John Q. Public for.

We need to see more cops in our prisons and jails, and by doing so, it'd send a very strong message to other cops that they must obey the same laws as everyone else has to obey. If you or I were to attack someone, beat and brutalize them, we'd go to jail in a heartbeat. If you or I were to shoot someone eight times in the back, we'd be serving time in the big house. If you or I were to break into the wrong house, shoot and kill a 92 year old lady, we'd get the death penalty. If you or I were to shoot and kill a 12 year old boy playing in the park, we'd get the death penalty. If you and I were to be caught on camera, along with 6 or 7 others, beating and kicking someone handcuffed, face down on the ground, we'd be put in jail, fined, and place on probation and have to do community service for a year.

Our problem is not young black males being at the wrong place at the wrong time, it's "out-of-control" cops filled with hate, prejudice, over-sized egos, and a license to basically do as they damn well please. And, our judicial system backs them up 99% of the time. Given a desk job and a paid vacation is really punishment, don't you think? In addition to getting a free pass by the judicial system, we have law enforcement investigating law enforcement when someone complains of wrong-doing by cops. That's the same as your brother doing the investigation if you're accused of a crime. We'd all like to have family and friends in charge of investigating should we be accused of wrong-doing.

Lets be honest here folks, the system is flawed, and recent events is a testament to the problems within law enforcement agencies. This has been going on for a very long time, but it's becoming a real issue since everyone is carrying a cell phone and can take real-time videos of cop misconduct. Cops are now being asked to wear body cameras, which is a great idea, and one that'll serve cops as well as the public. Also, dash cams in patrol cars are giving us better evidence of misconduct, and at the same time, serves as proof when cops are merely doing their job. Cameras can protect both the public and cops when questions are asked about encounters between law enforcement and the general public. We need to ensure the integrity of law enforcement, as well as ensure that citizens are protected against cop misconduct.

I'm embarrassed by the event in Maryland, and I'm ashamed they the world is watching this tragedy. We need to do a better job of ensuring justice and making members of law enforcement accountable for their actions. And, we need to severely punish those that loot, burn building and cars, and destroy property. They need to be placed behind bars for a very long time. I'm all for non-violent and peaceful protests, and we need to do a lot more of it in response to many issues. I'd like to see protests concerning government corruption, senseless deadly costly wars, the mistreatment of our Vets, the loss of privacy, and our growing poverty. But, we do NOT need looting, destruction of property, or violence to have our voices heard. We need to push back against oppression and the heavy hand of "out-of-control" members of law enforcement.

I'm totally against violence. And, if you'll take the time to read what I did say, you'll see that I'm against violence. Try reading comprehension, it might do you some good.

I'm more concerned about the government than the cops. We have a guy currently in the Oval Office that has more in common with those baggy pants criminals doing the looting than he does with us or the cops. He's instigated violence at every opportunity and covered it over with similarly false platitudes such as yours.

We have nothing to fear from the police unless we are trying to break the law. Break the law.....resist arrest.....show your ass to a cop....I would expect him to kick your ass. Without respect for authority all you have is anarchy. This is the transformation Obama spoke of for years. The revolution. A breakdown of society forcing a change. I've learned that change that isn't legitimate or is forced tends to be worse than change that happens naturally.
I did NOT say that we should arm ourselves against the cops. Here's what I did say, "In my opinion, citizens should arm themselves in a like manner." Again, try reading comprehension. The picture showed heavily armed cops. Everyone should be armed in a like manner. Try reading comprehension, please. I did NOT say that we should arm ourselves against cops.

With the unrest in Baltimore making headline news in recent days, I wanted to take a look at some background information on deaths in Maryland that are related to encounters with the state's various police forces. A recent briefing paper by the ACLU looks at the statistics on deaths in police encounters in Maryland between 2010 and 2014. Here are some of the highlights.
Let's open with this table showing the demographics of Maryland showing the ethnic and racial breakdown of the state:

1.) At least 109 people died in police encounters in Maryland over the years between 2010 and 2014. During the same time period, four police officers died in civilian encounters including two in vehicle pursuits, one was shot in a raid and one was shot when off-duty and working as a security guard

I defer to your knowledge of how chumps think....

Point being lawyers are raking It in big-time.

by demonstrating tort or injury to clients or showing so much evidence to officials that they throw in the towel and pay...

do you think Hellfire missiles should have been unleashed on Cliven Bundy

Yes ____

No _____

image.JPG

chicago.gif
images

I did NOT say that we should arm ourselves against the cops. Here's what I did say, "In my opinion, citizens should arm themselves in a like manner." Again, try reading comprehension. The picture showed heavily armed cops. Everyone should be armed in a like manner. Try reading comprehension, please. I did NOT say that we should arm ourselves against cops.

You identified cops as the threat....after suggestions that we arm ourselves. My comprehension is on the money. You claim you want to lock up cops....but only after claiming everyone should buy riot gear (steel pots, gas-masks, and rifles with fixed bayonets) to protect themselves from renegade cops.

When in college I always scored in the upper 10% of reading comprehension BTW.

When in college I always scored in the upper 10% of reading comprehension BTW.

You have gone downhill since then from binge drinking the "kool aid"...

do you think special forces SWAT teams should be send to the Cliven Bundy compound to extract the heavily armed scofflaw

Yes____

No_____

Do you support the actions at Ruby Ridge by law enforcers

Yes_____

No______

Over $5.7 million has been paid out by Baltimore since 2011 in over 100 police brutality lawsuits. Victims of severe police brutality were mostly people of color and included a pregnant woman, a 65 year old church deacon, children, and an 87 year old grandmother.

Visualize this steroid swollen Gorilla goon
pounding away at an 87 year old Black grandmother

images
You do realize that is a very small number compared to other cities... As for pot busts....ask the black police chief why he is so racist

Why? Its obvious you want to ignore the systematic and go for the personal.

Yeah, lets ask the chief about being racist then....Thats actually as far as your thoughts go

To say you were easy to identify is an understatement....

You pay it then

It's a vicious circle. Black mayors. Black police force. It wouldn't matter. other people, Vietnamese, Hungarians, Somalians , people that fled oppression they move on and get on with LIFE. American blacks are stuck in the past. Get over it. Grow up!

You pay it then

Nah...I like to think of it as a community effort.
Everyone pitching in to keep our streets safer....think of it as the collective doing the community a service if it makes you feel better.

Over $5.7 million has been paid out by Baltimore since 2011 in over 100 police brutality lawsuits. Victims of severe police brutality were mostly people of color and included a pregnant woman, a 65 year old church deacon, children, and an 87 year old grandmother.

images

Yeah, lets ask the chief about being racist then....Thats actually as far as your thoughts go
Please...you have as much cred as Sharpton.....

To say you were easy to identify is an understatement....
You are the chump who thinks a million is "chump change" send me some of yours eh chumpy...folks like you go nuts if a woman raising kids gets an extra dollar in food stamps but since you are not just a chump but a shameless hypocrite you now call a million buck chump change ...chump

It's a vicious circle. Black mayors. Black police force. It wouldn't matter. other people, Vietnamese, Hungarians, Somalians , people that fled oppression they move on and get on with LIFE. American blacks are stuck in the past. Get over it. Grow up!

Hey, heres another one!

Its dems, its blacks! But its not republicans, its not whites, its not police, its not racism! Its not about race!

Its about all dems and all blacks! See?

images

Please...you have as much cred as Sharpton.....

Did you just respond to the accusation of going ad hominem with another ad hominem?

Make it a double

Nah...I like to think of it as a community effort.
Everyone pitching in to keep our streets safer....think of it as the collective doing the community a service if it makes you feel better.

Its not the community inflicting the torts ..its Police assaulting an 87 year old grandmother in her own home
the grandmother
Eighty-seven-year-old Venus Green heard the scream while rocking on her porch on Poplar Grove Street in West Baltimore’s Walbrook neighborhood.

“Grandma, call the ambulance. I been shot,” she thought she heard her grandson say on that morning in July 2007. As he lumbered closer, she spotted blood from a wound in his leg and called 911.

The retired teacher was used to helping others. Green had moved to Baltimore decades earlier from South Carolina after working at R.J. Reynolds and Westinghouse. Once here, she worked at Fort Meade and earned two degrees at Coppin State University.

The mother of two and grandmother of seven dedicated her career to teaching special-education students, but couldn’t sit still in her retirement years. She had two hobbies: going to church and raising foster kids. Dozens of children funneled through her home. They, like her own grandchildren, called her “Grandma Green.”

Paramedics and police responded to the emergency call, but the white officer became hostile.

“What happened? Who shot you?” Green recalled the officer saying to her grandson, according to an 11-page letter in which she detailed the incident for her lawyer. Excerpts from the letter were included in her lawsuit. “You’re lying. You know you were shot inside that house. We ain’t going to help you because you are lying.”

“Mister, he isn’t lying,” replied Green, who had no criminal record. “He came from down that way running, calling me to call the ambulance.”

The officer, who is not identified in the lawsuit, wanted to go into the basement, but Green demanded a warrant. Her grandson kept two dogs downstairs and she feared they would attack. The officer unhooked the lock, but Green latched it.

He shoved Green against the wall. She hit the wooden floor.

“Bitch, you ain’t no better than any of the other old black bitches I have locked up,” Green recalled the officer saying as he stood over her. “He pulled me up, pushed me in the dining room over the couch, put his knees in my back, twisted my arms and wrist and put handcuffs on my hands and threw me face down on the couch.”

After pulling Green to her feet, the officer told her she was under arrest. Green complained of pain.

“My neck and shoulder are hurting,” Green told him. “Please take these handcuffs off.”

An African-American officer then walked in the house, saw her sobbing and asked that the handcuffs be removed since Green wasn’t violent.

The cuffs came off, and Green didn’t face any charges. But a broken shoulder tormented her for months.

“I am here because of injuries received to my body by a police officer,” Green wrote on stationery stamped with “wish on a star” at the bottom of each page. “I am suffering with pain and at night I can hardly sleep since this incident occurred.”

In June 2010, she sued the officers; an April 2012 settlement required the city to pay her $95,000.

Green died six weeks later of natural causes

Forum List

Back