Baltimore Police Commissioner fired over homicide spree

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake replaced the city's police commissioner on Wednesday, saying the city needed to be more focused on suppressing a spike in violence in the months since the death of a man in police custody.

Rawlings-Blake said the police department under Commissioner Anthony Batts had become too preoccupied with internal politics and not enough with stemming a surge in shootings and killings.

<snip>

Much of the spike in violence has occurred since the April 19 death of Freddie Gray, who sustained grievous injuries while riding the back of a police transport van. Protests followed, then looting and rioting. Six police officers were charged in Gray's death.

Around the same time, arrests declined, and the murder rate began to spike. The spike has yet to settle.

Through June, there were 48 percent more homicides in the city than the same period last year.

Baltimore Mayor Fires Police Commissioner Amid Spike in Homicide Rate - NBC News

The criminals are emboldened and the police feel no one has their back. What did they expect?

Hahaha!!!! WOW!!!

Just when I thought this couldnt be more of a clusterfuck.

This bitch allows the riots. Fails to equip the cops. Throws them under the bus. Her DA makes a racially charged prosecution of cops...without evidence.

Then fires the police chief....for a spike in crime???

This is like going on a fast food binge then suing McDonald's for getting fat.

Wow. Just wow.

Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake replaced the city's police commissioner on Wednesday, saying the city needed to be more focused on suppressing a spike in violence in the months since the death of a man in police custody.

Rawlings-Blake said the police department under Commissioner Anthony Batts had become too preoccupied with internal politics and not enough with stemming a surge in shootings and killings.

<snip>

Much of the spike in violence has occurred since the April 19 death of Freddie Gray, who sustained grievous injuries while riding the back of a police transport van. Protests followed, then looting and rioting. Six police officers were charged in Gray's death.

Around the same time, arrests declined, and the murder rate began to spike. The spike has yet to settle.

Through June, there were 48 percent more homicides in the city than the same period last year.

Baltimore Mayor Fires Police Commissioner Amid Spike in Homicide Rate - NBC News

The criminals are emboldened and the police feel no one has their back. What did they expect?

ROFLMNAO!

So that "STAND DOWN!" thing isn't panning out?

SERIOUSLY?

Huh... who could have seen that comin'?

Great idea to fire the commissioner.

He had no business allowing that idiot mayor tell him how to do his job.

Those good folks in Baltimore just need less policing and more good dem social programs and progressive leadership! Lol

Only 2 types of person will take that job now:

1- Idiots who dont own a TV or phone

2- Power hungry political chief types...who couldnt get any other job

Hahaha!!!! WOW!!!

This bitch allows the riots. Fails to equip the cops. Throws them under the bus. Her DA makes a racially charged prosecution of cops...without evidence.

Wow. Just wow.

That's the way it goes...
Someone had to pay the price for a Mayor that's in way over her head.

Leadership.....
Firing someone who did what I wanted,now everything has gone to shit.
Someone needs to go to show I have control of things.It's not my fault everything went bad.
But I am the one that will fix what I have fucked up...

Leadership.....
Firing someone who did what I wanted,now everything has gone to shit.
Someone needs to go to show I have control of things.It's not my fault everything went bad.
But I am the one that will fix what I have fucked up...
Sounds like a Democrat, doesn't it? Claiming she deserves the job because she caused the fuck-up!!!!!

RFLMAO!!!!??

Hahaha!!!! WOW!!!

Wow. Just wow.
Yeah, what a fuckin' liberal bitch. The high crime is her fault. Voters need to fire her liberal ass.

It is fact that that nigga told his officers to pull back. I hope the whore finds another job working at the burnt out neighborhood

<snip>

That worthless nigga needed to go.

Forum List

Back