Bank pay control, UNBELIEVABLE

Not all of those companies wanted or needed the bailout money. They were pressured by Obama and his goons to take this money. This was all part of the plan so that the govt could control private financial businesses under the guise of "well they took taxpayer money so we should be able to tell them what compensation they can give. A few months ago some of the companies that wanted to pay back the TARP loan were told they could not. When it became known to the people, the govt changed their tune and allowed the payback. The CEO of Bank America that just resigned told about the business pressures he got from the govt. The administration loves to make these companies out to be the bad guys. It is a great distraction from their inability to actually get anything done that helps the USA. The same as the health reform; govt makes all these mandates on insurance companies and then wags their finger at them about rate increases which are there because of the mandates.
You have to look at the entire picture and without the partisan blinders.

If they didn't want the money JackoffRockit, then can you please tell me why they showed up, begged, went through Senate interviews and all that other shit?

Wasn't for the money? Then what the fuck was it for, PR?

Idiot.
I never said all of them. More name calling, I guess, like Ravi, that's all you have. When you grow up, maybe you can discuss like an adult. Goodbye young un

No one was forced to take the money. Or pressured. And all that wanted to pay it back paid it back. Nice lies, though, dipshit.

No one? Check this out...

Documents made public on Wednesday confirm former U.S. Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson gave nine major banks no choice but to allow the government to take equity stakes in them as the Bush administration moved to address turmoil in the financial industry.

The documents, obtained by the public interest group Judicial Watch under a Freedom of Information Act request, include "talking points" used by Paulson at the Oct. 13, 2008, meeting with the banks' CEOs in Washington.

Paulson Forced Banks to Take TARP Money: Documents

You can view those documents HERE.

Not all of those companies wanted or needed the bailout money. They were pressured by Obama and his goons to take this money. This was all part of the plan so that the govt could control private financial businesses under the guise of "well they took taxpayer money so we should be able to tell them what compensation they can give. A few months ago some of the companies that wanted to pay back the TARP loan were told they could not. When it became known to the people, the govt changed their tune and allowed the payback. The CEO of Bank America that just resigned told about the business pressures he got from the govt. The administration loves to make these companies out to be the bad guys. It is a great distraction from their inability to actually get anything done that helps the USA. The same as the health reform; govt makes all these mandates on insurance companies and then wags their finger at them about rate increases which are there because of the mandates.
You have to look at the entire picture and without the partisan blinders.

If they didn't want the money JackoffRockit, then can you please tell me why they showed up, begged, went through Senate interviews and all that other shit?

Wasn't for the money? Then what the fuck was it for, PR?

Idiot.
I never said all of them. More name calling, I guess, like Ravi, that's all you have. When you grow up, maybe you can discuss like an adult. Goodbye young un
Pfft!

That's like expecting the monkeys in the primate house to stop flinging poo. :lol:

Ame®icano;1645311 said:
No one was forced to take the money. Or pressured. And all that wanted to pay it back paid it back. Nice lies, though, dipshit.

Documents made public on Wednesday confirm former U.S. Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson gave nine major banks no choice but to allow the government to take equity stakes in them as the Bush administration moved to address turmoil in the financial industry.

The documents, obtained by the public interest group Judicial Watch under a Freedom of Information Act request, include "talking points" used by Paulson at the Oct. 13, 2008, meeting with the banks' CEOs in Washington.

:eek::cuckoo:

They could have gone belly up...but nice spin.

Ame®icano;1645311 said:

:eek::cuckoo:

They could have gone belly up...but nice spin.

First link is to CNBC. Unreliable?

Why dont you read those documents? What do they say?

Ame®icano;1645311 said:

Which administration, bub?

Ame®icano;1645311 said:

Which administration, bub?

Bush administration. Now I am asking you, who voted for it?

But that's not a point. Ravi claimed nobody forced banks to take money. I just provided the link that prove otherwise.

And has Obama moved to rescind any of that crap?

But how do you rescind money already handed out? The Dirty Deed was done, now we all have to live with it and yes both Mccain and Obama voted for it...though THEY WERE NOT part of this meeting with Paulsen and the BIG GUN BANKS...obama and mccain only had the info the administration gave them, when they made their vote decision...

Ame®icano;1645401 said:
But that's not a point. Ravi claimed nobody forced banks to take money. I just provided the link that prove otherwise.
No one did force them. When banks are licensed to operate they agree to certain regulations. They bank makes the choice to comply with the regulations by accepting the license to operate.

There is no force involved. If they don't live up to their agreements, their license is revoked. Just like in real life.

What authority? When they came begging hat in hand for bailout cash, which they stated they would REPAY.

When they repay their loans from the government, THEN they can start raking in their fat cash again.

Until then? Pay the American People back.

You really are fucking stupid aren't you Retarded Grungy Shithead?

Many of these banks paid the TARP money back long ago.

What authority? When they came begging hat in hand for bailout cash, which they stated they would REPAY.

When they repay their loans from the government, THEN they can start raking in their fat cash again.

It's my understanding that the ones that did can pay their people any way they want. It's one of the rewards of fiscal responsibility.

The way I see it, it's like when I was a young and my folks would give me money for things. I kind of couldn't act after like I could do anything I wanted to with my own money until I paid them back. It just looks bad.

For once Jillian you are correct. The only one's subject to this are those in which the government is still a primary stake holder.

It's my understanding that the ones that did can pay their people any way they want. It's one of the rewards of fiscal responsibility.

The way I see it, it's like when I was a young and my folks would give me money for things. I kind of couldn't act after like I could do anything I wanted to with my own money until I paid them back. It just looks bad.

READ the article. The Congress intends to force ALL banks to comply. Even those that have paid the money back and even those that never took a penny. What is it with you people? Blind deaf and dumb?

For once Jillian you are correct. The only one's subject to this are those in which the government is still a primary stake holder.

She is NOT correct, Congress plans to force ALL banks to comply. They will dictate to ALL banks what pay and payment packages they can give. Does anyone actually read linked articles?

Sarge that may be their plans but the current legislation only effects those the government owns a chunk of. That by the way has been the plan of the far left goons for the last forty years or more.

I had some leftist dillweed tell me back in the sixties that he thought no one should be allowed to make more than 25k a year. They haven't managed to pullit off yet and the current rules as laid down don't make that happen either.

Forum List

Back