Barack Obama: ‘Sex’ And ‘Gender’ Are Different Things

Steve_McGarrett

Gold Member
Jul 11, 2013
Obama's knowledge of psychology is as qualified as his knowledge of economics on foreign policy

a : sex <the feminine="" gender="">

b : the behavioral, cultural, or psychological traits typically associated with one sex

Sex

1. either the male or female division of a species, especially as differentiated with reference to the reproductive functions.

2. the sum of the structural and functional differences by which the male and female are distinguished, or the phenomena or behavior dependent on these differences.

Obama-with-Reggie-Love.jpg

Obama Sex And Gender Are Different Things The Daily Caller

Obama's knowledge of psychology is as qualified as his knowledge of economics on foreign policy

Actually everybody who speaks English knows sex and gender are different things.

Perhaps some day when you grow up and go out to singles bars looking for "gender" it'll dawn on you.

Sex has a great deal to do with the limitations woman have. They avg around half of the strength of a male. This is why they're not good warriors, police officers and anyone that has to do with heavy lifting.

This is a fact of biology...So I'd say that sex has a lot to do with defining gender.

Sex has a great deal to do with the limitations woman have. They avg around half of the strength of a male.

So you choose to have sex with other men?

That's nice for you, but no one cares.

b : the behavioral, cultural, or psychological traits typically associated with one sex

Sex

1. either the male or female division of a species, especially as differentiated with reference to the reproductive functions.

2. the sum of the structural and functional differences by which the male and female are distinguished, or the phenomena or behavior dependent on these differences.

That's a pretty common axiom in psychology. Sex is biological. Gender is an identity. In most cases, they're the same. In some, they're not. When you dig a little deeper there is gender identify and gender expression. In most cases they're the same. In some they're not.

I don't claim to understand it. But I've had long, honest talks with some transgender folks. And they're sincere about it. These aren't capricious decisions they've made. But the product of years and years of soulful searching and self awareness.

Last edited:
That's a pretty common axiom in psychology. Sex is biological. Gender is an identity.

And then there's linguistics. Many languages have "masculine", "feminine" and sometimes "neuter" gendered nouns. I'm not aware of any languages where the nouns have sex.

Sex

He also said he quit smoking. Maybe he did, but this seems pretty high...

Sex

You are complete moron if you don't understand the difference between sex and gender. I mean my god, you looked up the definition of both and still don't get it.

Forum List

Back