Barges Stranded as Mississippi River water levels reach Critical Low

Its odd how the internet has no data on mississippi river water levels prior to 1988

What are libs not telling us?

Here are a couple, but I have to agree with you that there are surprisingly few records. I would have expected data back to the 1800s at least.

Your "what are the libs not telling us" is nonsense. Have the libs been constantly in charge for the last 50 years?

Here's one to 1970 and one to 1950

1666390030687.png

1666390066325.png

Last edited:
I havent found it yet

Maybe I just dont know the secret lib password that unlocks the vault

So lets call it not readily available
Here are flood records reaching back to Hernando Desoto in 1543.

Given that the river is constantly changing its course and depth, it may be difficult produce a record of 'levels'. But that's just a guess.

More Heat, More Drought.
Reservoirs down too from overuse and drought.

Barges stranded as Mississippi River water levels reach Critical low​

Major shipping delays and backlog of vessels after region experiences lack of rainfall in recent weeks
10/14/2022

The water in the Mississippi River has dropped so low that barges are getting stuck, leading to expensive dredging and at least one recent traffic jam of more than 2,000 vessels backed up.

The Mississippi River Basin produces nearly all – 92% – of US agricultural exports, and 78% of the global exports of feed grains and soybeans. The recent drought has dropped water levels to alarmingly low levels that are causing shipping delays, and seeing the costs of alternative transport, such as rail, rise..."

[.........]

`
The Mississippi River is truly drying up the same year as China was snooping weather balloons across the Nation and Biden didn't stop the balloon before it crossed--mmmmmm-- the Mississippi River that is nothing but mud now. And nobody is wondering why in the hell China who has threatened Nuclear disposal of this nation by way of North Korea a few months before the balloon was flying over us? It doesn't look like they'll have to nuke America now with all the information it has about climate change here. We excelled in getting to walk the moon first. Who's to say China hasn't focused on walking on other countries because it focused instead on controlling weather by salting the clouds with chemicals we know nothing about in our feelings of superiority. And guess who did absolutely, positively NOTHING about getting rid of a damn weather balloon that is likely the end of the Mississippi River, I haven't heard one whisper about that POSSIBILITY.

What JUST HAPPENED With Mississippi River Shocked The Whole World!​

:eek: !RED ALERT! :eek:

The Mississippi River is truly drying up the same year as China was snooping weather balloons across the Nation and Biden didn't stop the balloon before it crossed--mmmmmm-- the Mississippi River that is nothing but mud now. And nobody is wondering why in the hell China who has threatened Nuclear disposal of this nation by way of North Korea a few months before the balloon was flying over us? It doesn't look like they'll have to nuke America now with all the information it has about climate change here. We excelled in getting to walk the moon first. Who's to say China hasn't focused on walking on other countries because it focused instead on controlling weather by salting the clouds with chemicals we know nothing about in our feelings of superiority. And guess who did absolutely, positively NOTHING about getting rid of a damn weather balloon that is likely the end of the Mississippi River, I haven't heard one whisper about that POSSIBILITY.

What JUST HAPPENED With Mississippi River Shocked The Whole World!​

:eek: !RED ALERT! :eek:

There's a rea good reason you haven't heard such a whisper. Perhaps a new counselor can explain it to you.

There's a rea good reason you haven't heard such a whisper. Perhaps a new counselor can explain it to you.
Her argument is not much different than your argument in that both have man as the root cause of natural events which have been occurring for millions of years.

Her argument is not much different than your argument in that both have man as the root cause of natural events which have been occurring for millions of years.
I've presented no argument concerning the Mississippi. I rather suspect it's from a lack of rainfall in the upper Mississippi valley but I haven't really looked. I strenuously doubt its due to the Chinese surveillance balloon distributing unknown chemicals. You might think about how much chemical would be required to impact the river versus how much you could carry with a helium balloon. But I'm sure she appreciates your support.

I've presented no argument concerning the Mississippi. I rather suspect it's from a lack of rainfall in the upper Mississippi valley but I haven't really looked. I strenuously doubt its due to the Chinese surveillance balloon distributing unknown chemicals. You might think about how much chemical would be required to impact the river versus how much you could carry with a helium balloon. But I'm sure she appreciates your support.
But you believe that 120 ppm of CO2 - which is a result of man - is changing the climate. So no different really. I'm not supporting her per se. I'm comparing your argument to hers. I don't see a lot of difference between the two. In fact, if you believe that man can alter the planet's climate through CO2 emissions, then you must believe man can alter the climate in other ways too.

But you believe that 120 ppm of CO2 - which is a result of man - is changing the climate.
It's 140 ppm these days and yes, I accept the view of mainstream science on this point and many others.
So no different really.
No different?!?!? Are you insane? What I believe is supported by thousands of scientists and supported by mountains of evidence. What poster Beautress is suggesting is laughable paranoid delusion shared by her and her alone.
I'm not supporting her per se.
Per se? What are you supporting? Her right to be insane?
I'm comparing your argument to hers.
As I've already stated, I have made no argument in this discussion.
I don't see a lot of difference between the two.
The evidence and mainstream science versus the irrational impossibility didn't catch your eye?
In fact, if you believe that man can alter the planet's climate through CO2 emissions, then you must believe man can alter the climate in other ways too.
Alcohol isn't making you any brighter dude.

It's 140 ppm these days and yes, I accept the view of mainstream science on this point and many others.

No different?!?!? Are you insane? What I believe is supported by thousands of scientists and supported by mountains of evidence. What poster Beautress is suggesting is laughable paranoid delusion shared by her and her alone.

The evidence and mainstream science versus the irrational impossibility didn't catch your eye?

And yet you can't state the radiative forcing and feedback components separately even though you know for a fact that they are two different mechanism. Which means you blindly accept so called mainstream science without question. I don't. I acknowledge the radiative forcing component which is a 1C increase in surface temperature for a doubling of CO2 and question all feedbacks because they do not agree with the empirical climate evidence from the geologic record which shows the planet cooled for millions of years atmospheric CO2 levels of 600 ppm and greater.

Your argument has man as the cause for climate change and that is the argument I am comparing to hers which also has man as the cause for climate change. I see her argument as only slightly crazier than your argument. Both are crazy in my opinion.

More Heat, More Drought.
Reservoirs down too from overuse and drought.

Barges stranded as Mississippi River water levels reach Critical low​

Major shipping delays and backlog of vessels after region experiences lack of rainfall in recent weeks
10/14/2022

The water in the Mississippi River has dropped so low that barges are getting stuck, leading to expensive dredging and at least one recent traffic jam of more than 2,000 vessels backed up.

The Mississippi River Basin produces nearly all – 92% – of US agricultural exports, and 78% of the global exports of feed grains and soybeans. The recent drought has dropped water levels to alarmingly low levels that are causing shipping delays, and seeing the costs of alternative transport, such as rail, rise..."

[.........]

`
You all been complainen climate is too wet?

Who declared mainstream science as owner? Who are they?

And yet you can't state the radiative forcing and feedback components separately even though you know for a fact that they are two different mechanism. Which means you blindly accept so called mainstream science without question. I don't. I acknowledge the radiative forcing component which is a 1C increase in surface temperature for a doubling of CO2 and question all feedbacks because they do not agree with the empirical climate evidence from the geologic record which shows the planet cooled for millions of years atmospheric CO2 levels of 600 ppm and greater.
The topic of this thread is Mississippi barges running aground.
Your argument has man as the cause for climate change and that is the argument I am comparing to hers which also has man as the cause for climate change. I see her argument as only slightly crazier than your argument. Both are crazy in my opinion.
I begin to suspect a religious basis for your beliefs. Your unwavering defense of humans and craving for a moral argument elsewhere makes me think your spiritual beliefs include the idea that your God provided us this planet and all life on it to do with whatever we like; that because it is a gift from God, there is simply nothing wrong we can do with it. Can you deny that?

Then you probably shouldn't have brought up the idiot beliefs of the so called mainstream climate community.

I begin to suspect a religious basis for your beliefs. Your unwavering defense of humans and craving for a moral argument elsewhere makes me think your spiritual beliefs include the idea that your God provided us this planet and all life on it to do with whatever we like; that because it is a gift from God, there is simply nothing wrong we can do with it. Can you deny that?
I haven't gotten within 100 mile of God. I just know more science than you. Because you are butt ugly ignorant about what drives the climate of this planet.

Then you probably shouldn't have brought up the idiot beliefs of the so called mainstream climate community.
I haven't.
I haven't gotten within 100 mile of God. I just know more science than you. Because you are butt ugly ignorant about what drives the climate of this planet.
Now you're just lying. I've seen your posts on religious threads.

I haven't.

Now you're just lying. I've seen your posts on religious threads.
You can't pull comments from a completely different discussion and superimpose them on this conversation. So... where have I mentioned God in this conversation? I haven't.

You can't pull comments from a completely different discussion and superimpose them on this conversation. So... where have I mentioned God in this conversation? I haven't.
Why do you think the Mississippi is at such low levels? Plate tectonics?

Forum List

Back