Barges Stranded as Mississippi River water levels reach Critical Low

What sort of satellites do you believe will show them where the water has gone? Musk's are all simple communication relays. I am unaware he has anything up there doing sensing work.

My wife tells me that Evenflow is (or was) a baby formula. Is that from where you've gotten your nickname?
Lol, any idea what the cost of launching a satellite is? Any idea what the cost of a high resolution camera costs? No way ya do the expenditure of launching with out adding the camera. He likely added LIDAR. Our government most decidedly added LIDAR. We also have USGS benchmarks with known elevations. We can compare wter edge lines with known USGS benchmarks and calculate elevation and volumes. LIDAR is the quicker process. What use to take me 1000 man hours in a topography survey can now be done in about 12 minutes with LIDAR As far as the evenflow nickname, no that is not where it came from.

Evenflow1969 said:
We can compare wter edge lines with known USGS benchmarks and calculate elevation and volumes.

Musk's Starlink satellites do not have cameras.
I think estimating basin volume is slightly more complex than simply noting the edge lines. You've got uplift, subsidence, erosion, sedimentation and temperature-based volume changes just to note a few. And I'm not sure I understand what processes you think might be responsible for the loss of water in the Mississippi. It's not as if it was stolen.

Last edited:
Nope, you are wrong yet again.

These are record low levels.

One example of something that has not happened in anyone's lifetime....

Do a graph over time.

Gallons of fresh water from entire miss river system consumed by human

Vs.

Miss river water levels

You may notice a correlation, that the more we suck out, the lower the level gets

Do a graph over time.

Gallons of fresh water from entire miss river system consumed by human

Vs.

Miss river water levels

You may notice a correlation, that the more we suck out, the lower the level gets
Show us.

Crick's "the science" take...

If more humans remove more water from the Mississippi River every year, and the Mississippi River water level drops, that drop MUST be because of co2 in the atmosphere.... because those I parrot say so.

Crick's "the science" take...

If more humans remove more water from the Mississippi River every year, and the Mississippi River water level drops, that drop MUST be because of co2 in the atmosphere.... because those I parrot say so.
Show us.

No need, Biden will blame himself. He'll attribute the low water to the Climate- forgetting all along that he's the one who is in charge of the climate and is the one begging for increased global oil production.
Wrong:
Scientists must conduct rigorous analysis to attribute any single event to climate change. However, this year's extreme conditions of both drought and floods is consistent with what scientists have been predicting and observing: Rising global temperatures are driving more weather variability in the central US, fueling both more severe droughts and one-off rainfall events.

Neither Trump nor Biden had shit to do with the drought. If it is man made climate change then every swinging dick on the planet since industrialization had a part in it. The real question is where did the damn water go? It is not just the Mississippi. The shit did not just disappear. Either some lakes and rivers are higher or the shit is up in the atmosphere. Our government and Elon Musk have enough satellites to figure it out. So far Neither is speaking up. Maybe time one of the two give us some answers.
up in the atmosphere.

The Mississippi is probably the most altered river system in the world. Locks and dams artificially create deeper pools for river traffic that could not negotiate the constantly changing river banks if those artifical river banks and dams weren't there.
Constant construction of levy's allow humans to stupidly live in historic flood plains.
The only place you see the river in its natural state is here in MN north of Anoka.
I cross the river every single day of my life and have seen drastic floods and droughts.
Nothing to be alarmed about until the river inevitably floods again.

First, Todd, you admit that Trump got the Saudis to cut production, then tell us that Dems are going to pay the price for that. That's a high moral bar your setting there aren't you. My dog almost tripped over it.
Second, and more to the point, you have frequently taken a survival-of-the-fittest position with regard to competitive businesses. Why are these American producers different? Why do they deserve to be protected at the expense of American drivers?

Yeah Saudis cut, AMERICA INCREASED.

DURRRRRR

Forum List

Back