Barges Stranded as Mississippi River water levels reach Critical Low

Wind and Solar Are Saving Texans $20 Million a Day​

August 3, 2022
By Mark Dyson
elektra -shlt. (about my 20th post on renewable's cheaper cost. I see you mentioned me but snakily didn't hot link me))

In a year of record-high prices for fossil fuels, as lawmakers consider new policies that can help fight inflation, renewable energy is already helping to shield Americans from steep jumps in their electricity bills.

For example, in Texas, even as some observers have incorrectly blamed renewables for the state’s strained power grid, more than a third of electricity in the first half of 2022 came from wind and solar projects. Wind and solar have both set records already this year.

High production from renewables and high fossil fuel prices together mean wind and solar are having an outsized impact on lowering energy costs. Based on benchmark natural gas prices, RMI estimates that, on average, wind and solar projects in Texas have avoided $20 million per day in fuel that otherwise would have been needed for fossil fuel-based power plants to meet electricity demand...

`

HOW?

OPEC cutting production has no affect on what oil companies do in the US.

So tell me how OPEC cutting production SAVED American oil producers.

I expect some nonsensical snarky answer.
It increases the cost of OPEC oil which makes US supplies more competitive.

HOW?

So tell me how OPEC cutting production SAVED American oil producers.

I expect some nonsensical snarky answer.

HOW?

You really have no clue as far as economics.

Really? What happens to the price when OPEC cuts production?

First, Todd, you admit that Trump got the Saudis to cut production,

Yeah, it was in all the papers. DURR
Yes, but that sort of thing has never stopped many Trumpians from spouting whatever they want.
then tell us that Dems are going to pay the price for that.

Dems are gonna pay for Biden's failures.
But you just admitted it was Trump's mistake.
That's a high moral bar your setting there aren't you.

Biden's failures have fuck all to do with moral bars.
Your victim shaming as clearly as blaming a rape or mugging victim for getting raped and mugged.
Why are these American producers different? Why do they deserve to be protected at the expense of American drivers?

Gasoline would be cheaper with American producers in bankruptcy?
Who cares? You've never worried about cost/benefits before. If they can stay in business they're good. If they fail, they fucked up and they should pay. That's the American Way. Right Todd?

More Heat, More Drought.
Reservoirs down too from overuse and drought.

Barges stranded as Mississippi River water levels reach Critical low​

Major shipping delays and backlog of vessels after region experiences lack of rainfall in recent weeks
10/14/2022

The water in the Mississippi River has dropped so low that barges are getting stuck, leading to expensive dredging and at least one recent traffic jam of more than 2,000 vessels backed up.

The Mississippi River Basin produces nearly all – 92% – of US agricultural exports, and 78% of the global exports of feed grains and soybeans. The recent drought has dropped water levels to alarmingly low levels that are causing shipping delays, and seeing the costs of alternative transport, such as rail, rise..."

[.........]

`

So "global warming" causes droughts and floods...???

When earth warms, does it get wetter or drier?

More Heat, More Drought.
Reservoirs down too from overuse and drought.

Barges stranded as Mississippi River water levels reach Critical low​

Major shipping delays and backlog of vessels after region experiences lack of rainfall in recent weeks
10/14/2022

The water in the Mississippi River has dropped so low that barges are getting stuck, leading to expensive dredging and at least one recent traffic jam of more than 2,000 vessels backed up.

The Mississippi River Basin produces nearly all – 92% – of US agricultural exports, and 78% of the global exports of feed grains and soybeans. The recent drought has dropped water levels to alarmingly low levels that are causing shipping delays, and seeing the costs of alternative transport, such as rail, rise..."

[.........]

`
I thought global climate warming change caused floods and hurricanes???

There is NO Difference in Asking OPEC to cut production during the COVID height due to lack of demand...
and asking them to Increase production in a time of tight demand.
It's asking OPEC to perform their own stated goal of Price stability.

MBS wants TRAITORS Trump and Jared back, and his Classified Docs flow.

Toadster and Crick are BOTH stupid Fvcks, but Crick is honest while Toadster is a Baiting Troll whose suckered him into discussion because while Crick's got AGW right, he posts like Mr Magoo.
He's not a debater, he just keeps yakking, and unlike me, can't Close the deal.
It IS now closed.

`

Last edited:
Yes, but that sort of thing has never stopped many Trumpians from spouting whatever they want.

Your victim shaming as clearly as blaming a rape or mugging victim for getting raped and mugged.

Who cares? You've never worried about cost/benefits before. If they can stay in business they're good. If they fail, they fucked up and they should pay. That's the American Way. Right Todd?

I did? Are you confused again?

Poor Biden, he didn't fuck anything up. LOL!

You've never worried about cost/benefits before.

I know you're old, but maybe you should get one of those cognitive tests?

So "global warming" causes droughts and floods...???

When earth warms, does it get wetter or drier?
Have you learned how to post a link?

Here's how it works. You start a post here and get to a spot where it would be handy to post a link. You then go to another tab in your browser where you either already have open or then open the website to which you would like to provide a link. Using your mouse, highlight the entire URL address at the top of the screen and then hit Ctrl-C, to copy the address to your Windows "Clipboard". Switch back to the USMB tab, place your cursor within your post where you want the link to appear and then hit Ctrl-V (ie, PASTE). The address of your source website will be placed into the text of your post where the USMB software will recognize it as a URL and will display a hyperlinked box there with identifying website info.

Now, go find your reliable source website that shows global warming does not cause droughts or floods and put a link up here somewhere so we can SEE where it is you get all this fucking idiocy.

There is NO Difference in Asking OPEC to cut production during the COVID height due to lack of demand...
and asking them to increase production in a time of tight demand.

The difference is that Biden failed. He's a failure.

And the Dems are about to pay. It's gonna be ugly.

and asking them to increase production in a time of tight demand.
It's asking OPEC to perform their own stated goal of Price stability.

Toadster and Crick are BOTH stupid Fvcks, but Crick is honest while Toadster is a Baiting Troll whose suckered him into discussion because while Cricks's got AGW right, he posts like Mr Magoo.
He's not a debater, he just keeps yakking and unlike me can't close the deal.

`
I have never spoken harshly of you. This is really disappointing.

Have you learned how to post a link?

Here's how it works. You start a post here and get to a spot where it would be handy to post a link. You then go to another tab in your browser where you either already have open or then open the website to which you would like to provide a link. Using your mouse, highlight the entire URL address at the top of the screen and then hit Ctrl-C, to copy the address to your Windows "Clipboard". Switch back to the USMB tab, place your cursor within your post where you want the link to appear and then hit Ctrl-V (ie, PASTE). The address of your source website will be placed into the text of your post where the USMB software will recognize it as a URL and will display a hyperlinked box there with identifying website info.

Now, go find your reliable source website that shows global warming does not cause droughts or floods and put a link up here somewhere so we can SEE where it is you get all this fucking idiocy.

To a follower of "the science," only parroting matters.

Once more....

If earth had a maximum surface temp of 30F, it would have no h2o in the atmosphere, since all h2o would be frozen

If earth had a minimum surface temp of 220F, all h2o would be in the atmosphere

Earth during Jurassic was warmer and wetter than today.

As earth warms, it gets wetter, and wetter means

LESS DROUGHTS

So if your moronic invalid beaked birdbrain is claiming a drought is evidence of planetary warming, you just proved you do indeed have a

BIRDBRAIN

HOW?

You really have no clue as far as economics.

Really? What happens to the price when OPEC cuts production?
I talked about production, not prices.

OPEC cutting Production doesn't mean anything about whether Production in the US is increased or decreased.
OPEC has no control over that, supply and demand will influence the price.

OPEC cutting Production doesn't mean anything about whether Production in the US is increased or decreased.

Because there is no relation between the two?
Who says liberals are clueless when it comes to economics?

Supply? Really? DURR

While I do believe earth is on a microscopic cooling trend right now (cooling 0.00001 degree every decade or something like that) I would like to clarify.

I do not blame insignificant "cooling" for this event.

I do believe there are too many humans on earth now.

One effect of that is ever increasing human consumption of fresh water. That is undeniably the case for every major river in America today...

Forum List

Back