Barges Stranded as Mississippi River water levels reach Critical Low

Mississippi Barge Backup Stalls Millions of Tons of Cargo​

• More than 2,000 barges are halted by low water levels
  • Shippers already seeing costs rise for rail, truck transport

`

No need, Biden will blame himself. He'll attribute the low water to the Climate- forgetting all along that he's the one who is in charge of the climate and is the one begging for increased global oil production.
When did God lose control of the climate?

When the river flooded a couple years ago, the Climate Cult said that was Climate change too.
Last year the St Croix tributary along MN, WI had no wake restrictions for the entire summer due to high water levels. This year it is low.
It's a fucking river that can change by 15 feet in one season.

Dumbasses think water levels never deviate.

Oh, looky.
Flooding just this year...

U.S. Gulf grain exports slowed by low Mississippi River​

By Karl Plume

Oct 11 (Reuters) - U.S. crop exports at Louisiana Gulf Coast terminals were at their lowest level in nine years for the first week of October, a period when export shipments typically accelerate, according to U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) data issued on Tuesday.

Low water on southern sections of the Mississippi River closed the major shipping waterway for days last week, halting the flow of grain barges from Midwest farms to the nation's largest grain shipping port.
[......]

`

Typical apu thread...
OMG HAIR ON FIRE.gif

U.S. Gulf grain exports slowed by low Mississippi River​

By Karl Plume

Oct 11 (Reuters) - U.S. crop exports at Louisiana Gulf Coast terminals were at their lowest level in nine years for the first week of October, a period when export shipments typically accelerate, according to U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) data issued on Tuesday.

Low water on southern sections of the Mississippi River closed the major shipping waterway for days last week, halting the flow of grain barges from Midwest farms to the nation's largest grain shipping port.
[......]

`
If it helps, I took a piss in the Mississippi north of Anoka, MN.

Mississippi Barge Backup Stalls Millions of Tons of Cargo​

• More than 2,000 barges are halted by low water levels
  • Shippers already seeing costs rise for rail, truck transport

`
It's not good for the economy but it has happened as other posters have stated. It may boost business for truck freight transport and rail freight transport.

It's not good for the economy but it has happened as other posters have stated. It may boost business for truck freight transport and rail freight transport.
I think we're already short Truck drivers .. and Teachers .. Nurses... etc.
`

Trump got them to do what he wanted
Exactly, trump got them to do what he wanted

NOT what was good for America.
Biden is trying to get them to increase oil production, because DEMAND is higher since the FAILED OPEC+ trump deal of CUTTING Production, that HE wanted.

Quit kissing trumps ass.

Exactly, trump got them to do what he wanted

Biden is trying to get them to increase oil production, because DEMAND is higher since the FAILED OPEC+ trump deal of CUTTING Production, that HE wanted.

Quit kissing trumps ass.

Keeping American producers from going bankrupt was bad for America? Tell me more!

Biden is trying to get them to increase oil production,

Biden failed. Dems are about to pay the price.

Keeping American producers from going bankrupt was bad for America? Tell me more!

Biden is trying to get them to increase oil production,

Biden failed. Dems are about to pay the price.
First, Todd, you admit that Trump got the Saudis to cut production, then tell us that Dems are going to pay the price for that. That's a high moral bar your setting there aren't you. My dog almost tripped over it.
Second, and more to the point, you have frequently taken a survival-of-the-fittest position with regard to competitive businesses. Why are these American producers different? Why do they deserve to be protected at the expense of American drivers?

First, Todd, you admit that Trump got the Saudis to cut production, then tell us that Dems are going to pay the price for that. That's a high moral bar your setting there aren't you. My dog almost tripped over it.
Second, and more to the point, you have frequently taken a survival-of-the-fittest position with regard to competitive businesses. Why are these American producers different? Why do they deserve to be protected at the expense of American drivers?

First, Todd, you admit that Trump got the Saudis to cut production,

Yeah, it was in all the papers. DURR

then tell us that Dems are going to pay the price for that.

Dems are gonna pay for Biden's failures.

That's a high moral bar your setting there aren't you.

Biden's failures have fuck all to do with moral bars.

Why are these American producers different? Why do they deserve to be protected at the expense of American drivers?

Gasoline would be cheaper with American producers in bankruptcy?

It kept American oil producers from going bankrupt.
HOW?

OPEC cutting production has no affect on what oil companies do in the US.

So tell me how OPEC cutting production SAVED American oil producers.

I expect some nonsensical snarky answer.

Forum List

Back