Batavia high teacher faces discipline for reminding students about rights

Even in HS I was never dumb enough to tell the truth about my drinking and drug use.

DUH!

Do you think kids should not be drug free

We can take blood samples and make them piss in a cup if they want to be involved in extra curricular activities, yes.

But we cannot make them take surveys about criminal activities and make them sign their names, no.

By the way, the limitation in the first sentence is a Right Wing Statist Progressive policy with which I, and you, agree. You are a statist, The Rabbi, regardless of what you say.

Last edited:
As noted by others..

1 - That paper should not have asked for any identifying answers.

2 - The Teacher was right in doing what they did.

3 - The School Admin was negligent in not preparing the Teachers for this survey properly so that they could have time to ask questions.

4 - If punished, I hope they sue.

You're 100% right in this case. I listened to the argument that there is a "time and place" for everything and that while technically right, he should have not done it in the class; it sends conflicting messages.

I say BS on that argument.

If there is a time and place to teach about the Constitution it is in High School; actually, it's in Elementary school.

Almost every conservative on here, however, is all for drug testing people recieving welfare and unemployment benifits. You guys should be all for this. If the kids are getting an education through your tax dollars they should be drug free.

I'll side with the conservatives in this matter.

I don't support testing welfare and unemployment recepients for drugs unless we're going to test EVERYONE who gets ANY MONEY/MATERIAL from the government for drugs including oil company executives who get subsidies, farmers, ranchers, etc... and make sure it includes alcohol and tobacco which are both drugs as well.

Having said that, there is a difference between a 30 year old and someone below the age of 18. The youth are impressionable whereas adults are not.

You know our education system is failing when the kids it's producing are stupid enough to answer even "anonymous survey" questions regarding drug and alcohol use truthfully never mind one with your name on it.

Almost every conservative on here, however, is all for drug testing people recieving welfare and unemployment benifits. You guys should be all for this. If the kids are getting an education through your tax dollars they should be drug free.

I have never seen anyone suggest drug testing by the State for unemployment.

Reasonable time limits, yes. Drug testing, No.

Forum List

Back