Beatle Bashes Bush at White House

The beatles sucked in the 60s collectively and they sucked individually.

"Yeah Yeah yeah, Love me do"

Pop slop shitty music.

Wow, all the cons who have admitted that Bush, Jr. was a disaster, now come to his defense.

You nailed it

When talking about the runaway spending, the increased national debt, the increased size of govt, the PATRIOT Act, etc the conservatives deny supporting bush.

Until you criticize bush. Then the deniers think he was great

on edit: I heard that Boehner is mad at a singer-songwriter for claiming that "God didn't make little green apples and it don't rain in Indianapolis in the summertime"

According to Boehner, it's unamerican to disparage God and Indianapolis

Last edited:
:rofl:

The joke wasn't anything special. But all you douchers throwing a fit over it sure is. :lol:

As far as presidents go, Bush Jr. was probably the least intelligent... by a country mile.

People are gonna continue to make jokes about it for some time. Get over it already.

not for nothing but who cares.......................

McCartney is long a has-been and now even looks it!!! My God...........the guy looks like he has one foot in the grave and the other on a bannana peel!!

What if Ted Nugent went to England and told the world the new Prime Minister was a whiny little pussy...what would they do...ban him like they did Michael Savage?

I'd go as far as to say that Ted would mysteriously disappear somewhere between England's coast and America. And we would have a difficult time pinning it on England...there are enough wackos in America that would be very happy that he disappeared.

Who gives a shit what celebrities think anyway? I mean seriously when did people turn to a Beatle for political opinion?

However, that being said, is it really appropriate for a guest of the White House to bashing a former resident of said WH? I think not. it was poor taste.

Who gives a shit what celebrities think anyway? I mean seriously when did people turn to a Beatle for political opinion?

However, that being said, is it really appropriate for a guest of the White House to bashing a former resident of said WH? I think not. it was poor taste.

although the k00ks consider them experts!!

They're experts at entertaining me, well some of them anyway, other than that they by and large offer NOTHING of substance to the world.

Hey Mel, stick to being that Lethal Weapon dude.

Garafolo, well I don't know of anything you're good at frankly.

Etc etc............

But like I said, pretty low class that he said that about a US President in the White House. If the next President is a conservative ( I mean when) I don't want him having celebrities in their insulting Obama. It's just tacky.

They're experts at entertaining me, well some of them anyway, other than that they by and large offer NOTHING of substance to the world.

Hey Mel, stick to being that Lethal Weapon dude.

Garafolo, well I don't know of anything you're good at frankly.

Etc etc............

But like I said, pretty low class that he said that about a US President in the White House. If the next President is a conservative ( I mean when) I don't want him having celebrities in their insulting Obama. It's just tacky.

Oh...Con..You are the hoggiest!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Nope. He's absolutely right. If you "conservative" retards want to live in the "Murika caint do no wrong" vacuum, go for it. The last administration was a dangerous disaster and most of the world and many Americans agree. Period.

As much as I agree that Bush was a disaster, its poor form to be an invited guest at the White House and bash a former President, no matter who the President.

The right wing kooks look to Rush for their opinions and then bash another talking head celebrity for his if it differs than what Rush rants about.
I could care less.

The right wing kooks look to Rush for their opinions and then bash another talking head celebrity for his if it differs than what Rush rants about.
I could care less.

Ok, first off let me say that Rush is a moron. BUt there are two differences.

1. Rush doesn't stand in the WH , presumably by invitation of the current President?, and bash a former President

2. Rush is a political commentator, that's what people tune in to hear him say, no one plays a Beatles CD hoping to hear him bash Dubya. Hell did you see the video? Even some of the Libs at the party had the WTF? look in their eyes.

Karl Rove was on FOX this morning talking about what an avid reader GWB was. Here are two old articles regarding the books Bush enjoyed reading:

OPINION DECEMBER 26, 2008
Bush Is a Book Lover
A glimpse of what the president has been reading.

By KARL ROVE
With only five days left, my lead is insurmountable. The competition can't catch up. And for the third year in a row, I'll triumph. In second place will be the president of the United States. Our contest is not about sports or politics. It's about books.

It all started on New Year's Eve in 2005. President Bush asked what my New Year's resolutions were. I told him that as a regular reader who'd gotten out of the habit, my goal was to read a book a week in 2006. Three days later, we were in the Oval Office when he fixed me in his sights and said, "I'm on my second. Where are you?" Mr. Bush had turned my resolution into a contest.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123025595706634689.html

From another old article on the "contest between Karl Rove and GWB to see who could read the most books in a year:

By Richard Cohen
Tuesday, December 30, 2008

<snip>

In his column, Rove says that Bush read 95 books in 2006 alone. In 2007, he read 51 books and as of last week, he had read 40 in 2008. The numbers are precise because Bush challenged Rove to a contest: who could read the most books. Rove always won, but Bush had the ready excuse that he was, as he put it, busy being "Leader of the Free World." This, though, is not an excuse. As Dwight Eisenhower once told me (I'm not making this up), he had more time as president to dabble in painting than he did in retirement. Such is the virtue of The Bubble.

Rove appreciates that he's written a caricature-buster. "In the 35 years I've known George W. Bush, he's always had a book nearby," he writes. "He plays up being a good ol' boy from Midland, Texas, but he was a history major at Yale and graduated from Harvard Business School. You don't make it through either unless you are a reader."

As might be expected, most of Bush's books have been biographies and histories. Biographies are usually about great men who often did the unpopular thing and were later vindicated. As for histories, they are replete with cautionary tales. That might explain how the 1961 classic, Hugh Thomas's "The Spanish Civil War," made it onto this year's presidential reading list. Had Hitler (and Mussolini) been stopped in Spain, much misery would have been avoided. Substitute Iraq for Spain and you have, for the president, some reassuring bedtime reading.

Still, the fact remains that Bush is a prodigious, industrial reader, and this does not conform at all to his critics' idea of who he is. They would prefer seeing him as a dolt, since that, as opposed to policy or ideological differences, is a briefer, more bloggish explanation of what went wrong. Still, in fairness to these critics (see Rove above), Bush himself has encouraged this approach. Aw shucks is an infuriating defense of a policy.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/con....8122901896.html

Sir Paul was just being trendy bashing Bush. He thought he was being "cool" but all along he was showing what a complete ass is he. He may have good taste in music but that's about as far as good taste goes with him. I'm sure G.W. could care less what Sir Paul's opinion of him is. Saw Owe Bama singing along with him... He can't sing any better than he can lead this country.

Forum List

Back