Beckel tries to recast racist Libs

Bob is usually on the wrong side of politics, but he's still a loveable guy.:D

I agree! Politically he's lost....but he is a lovable guy! I watch The Five every day, and at Christmas when they were showing his home with all the lights and decorations he would put up, i thought that was great!! Well...I have friends that i love but don't think the same when it comes to politics...:)

Call me crazy but I just did something with your link I'll bet nobody else did: I read it.

It's a self-contained train wreck. To wit:

>> White liberal Democrats were responsible for Jim Crow; White liberal Democrats were responsible for the Ku Klux Klan; White liberal Democrats fought to preserve slavery. The White Democrat Party was formed to deny civil rights to blacks and to secure slavery. <<

What a crock. Those were with conservative Democrats. This sophomoric writer apparently wants us to believe that "Democrat = liberal", in all cases, everywhere. Which is a bit inconvenient as soon as you consider Lester Maddox and Strom Thurmond and George Wallace and John Stennis and Jesse Helms and Richard Shelby and Trent Lott and Phil Gramm and Sonny Perdue and David Duke and dozens of others, none of whom could be called "liberals" but all of whom could be called "Democrats". Oops.

The writer exhibits a profound ignorance of history not knowing the Democratic Party controlled the South at that time in the same way the Republican Party does now. And another ignorance not knowing there are liberal Republicans and conservative Democrats, the name of the party being secondary, or that in times past, socially speaking, the party of conservatism in the South and elsewhere was the DP while the social liberals used to be the RP. Emancipation may have been associated with Republicans but never with conservatism.

>> Perhaps Beckel could explain why, if liberals were responsible, as he aggressively insinuated, for ending Jim Crow then why did a white Democrat President have to enlist white Republicans to pass the Civil Rights Act of 1964. <<

I guess the writer doesn't know what a question mark is or how to construct a sentence, but the answer is already explained above: because the conservative Congresscritters in the South, most of whom were Democrats who had a virtual monopoly on politics there, but also some Republicans-- voted against it. As LBJ noted (and underestimated) at the time of his party, "we've lost the South for a generation".

It's kind of stunning he seems not to know all this, since he actually spells it out two paragraphs later.

>> If White liberal Democrats played such an important part in the life of blacks during Jim Crow why was Dr. King a Republican? <<

Ah, now he finds the question mark.
There's no evidence that King was ever a Republican, but nice way to imply it with a question form. Has the writer stopped beating his wife? Weasel Words -R- Us.

So you bought this self-pretzeled hack article hook line and sinker, huh? Another exciting adventure in Gullible's Travels.

Last edited:
Since you brought up The FIVE.

JOE BIDEN MOCKS &#8216;BLACK HELICOPTER CROWD&#8217;: THEY THINK &#8216;WE&#8217;RE GOING TO SWOOP DOWN&#8230; AND GATHER UP EVERY GUN IN AMERICA&#8217;

No one but a FOXNEWS commentator would find this comment racist. One of the right wing nuts on The Five commented on Biden reference made to "black helicopter" was racist. Only a racist would find it racist. Black helicopter just happen to be the color of the helicopter.

JOE BIDEN MOCKS ‘BLACK HELICOPTER CROWD’: THEY THINK ‘WE’RE GOING TO SWOOP DOWN… AND GATHER UP EVERY GUN IN AMERICA’

No one but a FOXNEWS commentator would find this comment racist. One of the right wing nuts on The Five commented on Biden reference made to "black helicopter" was racist. Only a racist would find it racist. Black helicopter just happen to be the color of the helicopter.

Are you fucking serious?? Did you actually watch it?? He clearly said it dripping in total sarcasm, and they laughed about it...here, check it out ya fuckin' kook.:lol:

1:15

White House sabotaging bipartisan action on gun control? | Fox News Video

JOE BIDEN MOCKS ‘BLACK HELICOPTER CROWD’: THEY THINK ‘WE’RE GOING TO SWOOP DOWN… AND GATHER UP EVERY GUN IN AMERICA’

Are you fucking serious?? Did you actually watch it?? He clearly said it dripping in total sarcasm, and they laughed about it...here, check it out ya fuckin' kook.:lol:

1:15

White House sabotaging bipartisan action on gun control? | Fox News Video
:rofl:

BTW, anybody who enjoys USMB should appreciate The Five, since it's simply a microcosm of what goes on around here. People bantering around their personal opinions, mostly about politics, in both debate form and quippy remarks...I personally find both venues and styles entertaining.:thup:

BTW, anybody who enjoys USMB should appreciate The Five, since it's simply a microcosm of what goes on around here. People bantering around their personal opinions, mostly about politics, in both debate form and quippy remarks...I personally find both venues and styles entertaining.:thup:

I think Gutfeld makes that show watchable, personally.

I think Gutfeld makes that show watchable, personally.

Red Eye made me a fan many years ago...I also admire Dana's civil tone, and Bob has grown on me. The rest are just alright, but I respect the fact that they're all passionate about their views, which is what I also appreciate about USMB.

Forum List

Back