Before voting, please fill up your car, go to the grocery, go eat out, and check your 401k

Ordinary Guy

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2021
Your choice should be easy after the above, it not, go home as your are too fucking stupid to vote anyway.

Eating out will be the clincher for many working people. Just last Friday we ate at Pappas Brisket, a Texas barbecue chain. Two sliced beef sandwiches, one order fries and one order of macaroni salad, no drinks and it was more than $37.

I guess we should have stayed home and eaten Chef Boyardee as the Democrat Congressional Campain Committee chairman suggest for the working class as the way to solve inflation.

Eating out will be the clincher for many working people. Just last Friday we ate at Pappas Brisket, a Texas barbecue chain. Two sliced beef sandwiches, one order fries and one order of macaroni salad, no drinks and it was more than $37.
That sounds ridiculously high, but we have a premium BBQ joint in town where a brisket and chips got for around $15 a plate (comes with chips, anything else is extra), and I don't often go there because I can find a beef brisket for $10 that is just as good. $37 for that and two extras is not that crazy, you just need to do it sparingly, or find someplace cheaper.

Just last Friday we ate at Pappas Brisket, a Texas barbecue chain. Two sliced beef sandwiches, one order fries and one order of macaroni salad, no drinks and it was more than $37.
What did that same meal cost 2 years ago?

What did that same meal cost 2 years ago?
Under 30. I remember because that's where we used to go when we didn't want to spend a lot of money. I remember being shocked the first time I paid more than 30 and it's gone up since then.

$7 isn't going to make that much difference to us. Other than just being annoyed at having to Fork over so much more money than we had before. But I suspect for people who may not be doing as well as we are it might make the difference between eating out twice a week or once a week.

Or it might have them going to Whataburger instead of brisket house or a nicer sit-down place. Brisket house is actually not what I would consider a sit-down restaurant because they don't bring you your food. So that used to be our slightly more expensive than Whataburger place.

Forum List

Back