Being alive is no defense to being dead

Katzndogz

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2011
You're still legally dead, judge tells Fostoria man - Tuesday, October 08, 2013 | Courier Electronic Edition - Findlay, Ohio: LOCAL NEWS

Judge Davis referred to Donald Miller's case as a "strange, strange situation."

"We've got the obvious here. A man sitting in the courtroom, he appears to be in good health," Davis said.

Miller made a decision to leave the state to avoid paying child support, Davis said.

But the three-year time limit on the death ruling is clear, Davis said.

"I don't know where that leaves you, but you're still deceased as far as the law is concerned," Davis said.

If he is legally dead, that means he could go and murder someone and get away with it - or commit any crime he pleases, as charges can't brought against someone who no longer exists...

If he is legally dead, that means he could go and murder someone and get away with it - or commit any crime he pleases, as charges can't brought against someone who no longer exists...

Wow.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvlaojjyTWY]You've just been erased - YouTube[/ame]

^well, I don't know if that could happen, but to me, it makes sense that it could - after all, he doesn't exist in the eyes of the law.

^well, I don't know if that could happen, but to me, it makes sense that it could - after all, he doesn't exist in the eyes of the law.

I thought of that too. He could do anything he wants now. Being dead is pretty much an absolute defense to everything.

I thought of that too. He could do anything he wants now. Being dead is pretty much an absolute defense to everything.

You'd think there would be laws in place to prevent him from committing a crime, but you would be applying laws to a dead man, which doesn't count.

Hmm...

Forum List

Back