Believe in Something. Even If It Means Sacrificing Everything

By pissing off America, the Nike corp. is going to experience that new slogan too. Kaeperdick is the reverse King Midas - everywhere he goes people lose money.

Huh. Then why are Nike online sales up 31%?

It's reactionary. Vendors are expecting sales to increase, so they are likely increasing their stock. If they experience poor sales, then the stock they order now will hold them over for the next several months.

It's easier to change the numbers by buying merchandise. It will take months before people who quit buying products will show up on the books.

But trust me, there are probably a lot more people pissed off about this than those who are not, and time will tell that story:

Louisiana city recreation department prohibited from using Nike apparel or equipment

College volleyball team wears gray T-shirts instead of Nike gear for match

These are online sales. Directly to the consumer. So your entire 'vendor' theory falls flat.

And if 'a lot more people are pissed off about this than not'.....then why after watching the Kapernick ad are 56% more likely to buy while only 13% aren't?

Ace Metrix polled consumers on how Kaepernick’s signing would impact their plans to spend money with Nike. Thirteen percent of those surveyed said they were less likely to purchase from Nike after viewing Kaepernick’s first ad. That percentage was down to 10 percent among millennials and 6 amongst Generation Z. Conversely, a staggering 56 percent of those surveyed said they were more likely to purchase from Nike after seeing the commercial.

Kaepernick's Nike commercial 'is a big hit with consumers'

As it looks like you're outnumbered almost 5 to 1.

Its entirely possible you misread the room.

Wait and see, that's all I'm saying. I know how Republicans are. It will take some time, but Nike stock and sales will hit the toilet.

Oh, the stock price will inevitably go down at some point. But as the polling numbers and sales indicate.....its unlikely to be because of the ad.

What a stupid slogan. Hitler believed in something and sacrificed Germany for it. Idiots.

By pissing off America, the Nike corp. is going to experience that new slogan too. Kaeperdick is the reverse King Midas - everywhere he goes people lose money.

It's reactionary. Vendors are expecting sales to increase, so they are likely increasing their stock. If they experience poor sales, then the stock they order now will hold them over for the next several months.

It's easier to change the numbers by buying merchandise. It will take months before people who quit buying products will show up on the books.

But trust me, there are probably a lot more people pissed off about this than those who are not, and time will tell that story:

Louisiana city recreation department prohibited from using Nike apparel or equipment

These are online sales. Directly to the consumer. So your entire 'vendor' theory falls flat.

And if 'a lot more people are pissed off about this than not'.....then why after watching the Kapernick ad are 56% more likely to buy while only 13% aren't?

Ace Metrix polled consumers on how Kaepernick’s signing would impact their plans to spend money with Nike. Thirteen percent of those surveyed said they were less likely to purchase from Nike after viewing Kaepernick’s first ad. That percentage was down to 10 percent among millennials and 6 amongst Generation Z. Conversely, a staggering 56 percent of those surveyed said they were more likely to purchase from Nike after seeing the commercial.

Wait and see, that's all I'm saying. I know how Republicans are. It will take some time, but Nike stock and sales will hit the toilet.

What are you willing to wager on this?

I don't think USMB handles wagers between bloggers. But again, this all takes time. For us political junkies, it's something we all know about. But most people are not political junkies. They will have no idea what Nike did until they see the commercial once or twice.

I don't think USMB handles wagers between bloggers. But again, this all takes time. For us political junkies, it's something we all know about. But most people are not political junkies. They will have no idea what Nike did until they see the commercial once or twice.

We can wager our existence on the forum, loser leaves for good.

Right. Because it's impossible to come back with a different screen name.

rolling eyes.gif

Right. Because it's impossible to come back with a different screen name.

View attachment 215832

I will take that as a no.

"Believe in something" is the stupidest slogan ever created. Did Hitler believe in something? Stalin? Ho Chi Minh? The Ayatollh? Farrakhan? Bin Laden? Colon believes cops are pigs. If you believe that you should hang youself. Go for it Colon.
Every leftist slogan is useless and pointless. People I knew who were voting Obama in 08 I’d ask what’s the change he’ll do. Got a blank stare every time.
that stare hasn't changed after eight years.

Forum List

Back