🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Ben Carson's Strange Theory About The Egyptian Pyramids

geez , still being talked about but who cares . not a big deal . As already said , Carson was studying medicine , not 'egyptology' !!

Where I come from, grade-school kids learn about ancient Egypt.

As i linked above, if you say that the Great Pyramid was a tomb then you know more the the experts. Since no one was found in the Great Pyramid and they had to break in to get in. So maybe what they teach in grade school is just what people THINK, not reality.

Are you saying no one was entombed in the Great Pyramid of Giza?

I am not saying it, the experts are saying it. Do a google.

Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson once vocalized an odd theory about Egyptian history.

According to a video unearthed by BuzzFeed on Wednesday, Carson posited in a 1998 commencement address at Andrews University that the pyramids in Egypt were used for grain storage rather than as tombs for ancient kings and queens.

"My own personal theory is that Joseph built the pyramids to store grain," Carson said, referring to the Old Testament. "Now all the archeologists think that they were made for the pharaohs’ graves. But, you know, [something to store that grain] would have to be something awfully big, if you stop and think about it."

Carson appeared to be referencing the biblical figure of Joseph, who was sold into slavery in Egypt and later went on to advise the Egyptian pharaoh to store grain due to a coming famine.

J.G. Manning, a professor of classics who studies Egyptian history at Yale University, called Carson's version of events "lunatic."

More: Ben Carson's Strange Theory About The Egyptian Pyramids

Grain storage? I prefer to think that space aliens built them.

As time goes by you can see why Ben Carson likes to keep quiet, this guy is actually crazy. He thinks the world 6,000 years old and apparently he twists actual events to fit his pathological need to fit everything into the bible.

The pyramids used to store grain? The fact that this quack believes this crap is one thing, but he then comes out and says it in public.

There hasn't been much debate for over 100 years on what the pyramids were used for, but Carson looks at the world and his mind needs to fit reality into the unreality that is his pseudo-biblical world view.

I predict this guy's crazy is going to continue to leak out and he will be forced to drop out of the race. His creepiness factor during one on one interviews is off the scale as well.

See how the far left drones like to bash anyone that does not believe in the far left religion..

Well, I have heard this grain theory before, but a quick search shows that his theory isn’t so unusual:

According to various blogs and websites, the Step Pyramid of Djoser was first used for grain storage and later converted into a tomb. (?) He seems to be advancing a creationist’s (?) viewpoint in that speech.

Whatever the case, Carson made the statement 17 years ago.

Then again many of the Native Americans believe in star people, and many of them are tribe elders. So this just goes the hypocrisy of the far left here..
The blogs and websites would be wrong then. I have actually studied Egyptology. Grain was never stored in the pyramids nor in any house of the dead. All grain came from the gods, belonged to the gods and was stored in temples. During lean times, the grain would be dispensed as a gift from the gods.

The pyramids, where bodies were laid to rest with their treasure were completely sealed. The door was sealed with a sheet of limestone then bricked up so that it was indistinguishable from the exterior wall. Not something you would do to grain that was expected to be used. The grain put in pyramids was for the dead to feast on in the afterlife.

Aztecs however were known to store grain in their pyramids.

Off hand ancient history is not Dr. Carson's best subject. He has taken a few facts, mixed them up and come out with what he calls personal theories.

I would give anything to hear his explanation of Alexander's conquest of Egypt.

Looks like box.

That's what happens when you see only what you want to see.

One thing is certain, if it was built to be a tomb, like other pyramids may have been, it was not used for one.

It was built to be a tomb. There is no question about it. No serious expert denies that. The only questions are what deeper significance it may have had.

Nothing was ever found inside, and no it was not because of tomb raiders.

:lmao:

Now you're really showing your ass. Archeologists know that Middle Kingdom Egyptians cleared out the Pyramid! Man, you're just making things up!

There are no inscriptions within the Great pyramid, very unlike any other tomb.

It's so sad how unbelievably ignorant and uneducated you are.

pyramids-of-giza.jpg

Khufu_seal.jpg

This artifact found inside the tomb has Khufu's name on it.

paleo-sanskrit8.jpg

ancient-egypt.jpg

A robot explorer sent through the Great Pyramid of Giza has begun to unveil some of the secrets behind the 4,500-year-old pharaonic mausoleum as it transmitted the first images behind one of its mysterious doors. The images revealed hieroglyphs written in red paint that have not been seen by human eyes since the construction of the pyramid.

Pyramid-Exploring Robot Reveals Hidden Hieroglyphs : DNews

The passages ascend in the GP unlike all other that descend to a tomb.

It's the Great Pyramid. Everything about it is unlike all others.

The GP at Giza was not a tomb.

You might want to tell that to the people who built it. They built a tomb where they were apparently supposed to build something else.

Giza was never a tomb btw

What the fuck?

Can you name who was found or who was entombed in the Great Pyramid at Giza?
Khufu also known as Cheops. His sarcophagus was found in the King's Chamber. The Queen's chamber was empty except for a large statue of Khufu.

Was the Queen found and stolen? Was there no Queen? Was the Queen unfaithful and lost her place?

He was not found in the Pyramid so the sarcophagus could be anything.

What the fuck?

Can you name who was found or who was entombed in the Great Pyramid at Giza?
Khufu also known as Cheops. His sarcophagus was found in the King's Chamber. The Queen's chamber was empty except for a large statue of Khufu.

Was the Queen found and stolen? Was there no Queen? Was the Queen unfaithful and lost her place?

Guardian's Giza - The Great Pyramid - The Queen's Chamber

geez , still being talked about but who cares . not a big deal . As already said , Carson was studying medicine , not 'egyptology' !!

Where I come from, grade-school kids learn about ancient Egypt.

As i linked above, if you say that the Great Pyramid was a tomb then you know more the the experts. Since no one was found in the Great Pyramid and they had to break in to get in. So maybe what they teach in grade school is just what people THINK, not reality.

Did I say anything about the Great Pyramid? No, I didn't.

I'm just amazed that some people think you have to "study Egyptology" to know more about Egypt than Ben Carson does...or half the RWs on this board, apparently.

Oh BS. The topic was if the Great Pyramids were used for grain storage.

And so the only possible answers must be Yes, they were/No, they weren't? I disagree.

Take your Bobby Byrd autographed KKK sheets off and look it up

O'rly?

Egyptologists disagree with you. All three of Carson's grain silos were tombs.

Take your pointy head out of your ass.

Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson once vocalized an odd theory about Egyptian history.

According to a video unearthed by BuzzFeed on Wednesday, Carson posited in a 1998 commencement address at Andrews University that the pyramids in Egypt were used for grain storage rather than as tombs for ancient kings and queens.

"My own personal theory is that Joseph built the pyramids to store grain," Carson said, referring to the Old Testament. "Now all the archeologists think that they were made for the pharaohs’ graves. But, you know, [something to store that grain] would have to be something awfully big, if you stop and think about it."

Carson appeared to be referencing the biblical figure of Joseph, who was sold into slavery in Egypt and later went on to advise the Egyptian pharaoh to store grain due to a coming famine.

J.G. Manning, a professor of classics who studies Egyptian history at Yale University, called Carson's version of events "lunatic."

You know, my friend......that clown posse of GOP candidates is chuck-full of lunatics; HOWEVER, none are more insane than our "beloved Dr. Carson".

On the other hand, Carson may be pulling all of our legs since I doubt that even he thinks he could really be president.... and is just along to both sell his books or get a highly paid stint at FOX.

WAIT...Carson thinks the pyramids are hollow?

Looks like box.

That's what happens when you see only what you want to see.

One thing is certain, if it was built to be a tomb, like other pyramids may have been, it was not used for one.

It was built to be a tomb. There is no question about it. No serious expert denies that. The only questions are what deeper significance it may have had.

Nothing was ever found inside, and no it was not because of tomb raiders.

:lmao:

Now you're really showing your ass. Archeologists know that Middle Kingdom Egyptians cleared out the Pyramid! Man, you're just making things up!

There are no inscriptions within the Great pyramid, very unlike any other tomb.

It's so sad how unbelievably ignorant and uneducated you are.

pyramids-of-giza.jpg

Khufu_seal.jpg

This artifact found inside the tomb has Khufu's name on it.

paleo-sanskrit8.jpg

ancient-egypt.jpg

A robot explorer sent through the Great Pyramid of Giza has begun to unveil some of the secrets behind the 4,500-year-old pharaonic mausoleum as it transmitted the first images behind one of its mysterious doors. The images revealed hieroglyphs written in red paint that have not been seen by human eyes since the construction of the pyramid.

Pyramid-Exploring Robot Reveals Hidden Hieroglyphs : DNews

The passages ascend in the GP unlike all other that descend to a tomb.

It's the Great Pyramid. Everything about it is unlike all others.

The GP at Giza was not a tomb.

You might want to tell that to the people who built it. They built a tomb where they were apparently supposed to build something else.

criticism of the tomb theory. Great Pyramid: Why was it built

It is important to 'keep in context' over this issue However, the truth is that there are a number of anomalous features of the great pyramid that are not contextual. The Great Pyramid is the only pyramid built with an ascending system of passages. All the other pyramids only have a descending system with the 'coffer' placed below. Also there are a number of specific design features that suggest that the pyramid may not have been built to house a body after all. What evidence is there that it was a tomb? The empty coffer is appealing but there are no original funerary hieroglyphics, paintings or inscriptions to be found on or in the Great Pyramid or the coffer. Almost all the other funerary monuments in Egypt are covered with protective funerary inscriptions. It is unlikely that a King would have been buried there with no inscriptions and paintings for his tomb, as these were a form of afterlife protection. The spells and texts of this period are expected.

Looking at the other contemporary 'Heliopean' pyramids (and therefore keeping in context), we find that they all show similar construction features (portcullises, corbels, corner sockets, casing stones, etc), none have funerary inscriptions and none have produced an original body.

Petrie (12), makes an interesting observation concerning Herodotus' claim that 'Cheops' was buried 'in a subterranean region, on an island there surrounded by the waters of the Nile'. He first calculates that in order for the Nile waters to 'surround' the coffer, it needs to be another fifty feet below the existing 'subterranean' chamber. He then produces a candidate for the chamber. 'Exactly such a locality, too, both sepulchral, and with the required hydraulic conditions, has since been discovered about 1,000 ft S. East of the pyramid building'. (Plate XIX). The structure is a large and deep pit on the square and bottom of which rests an 'antique, rude sarcophagus of very gigantic proportions'. The pit is surrounded by a trench, which is deep enough to descend below the adjacent waters of the Nile, allowing it to fill with water. It is called 'Campbell's' tomb.

On a final note, it is noted that the Ghiza plateau was subject to a spectacular phase of ground-work beforethe pyramids were built, with the whole plateau being levelled (to accuracy of within less than an inch over the whole site - see Petrie), being covered with a limestone and basalt pavement which runs under all the pyramids. It is also curious that Khufu, the builder of the great pyramid (and therefore the first pyramid), chose to build on the edge of the site, leaving the centre position for Khafre, his son who reigned after him.

The Snoferu Dilemma:

The Dashur pyramids remained a site of worship for well over 1,000 years. Snoferu's cult was still alive in the new kingdom. The traditional names of the pyramids are:

The Red pyramid - 'Snofero's northern pyramid'

The 'Bent' pyramid - 'Snoferu's southern pyramid

Meidum - 'Djed Snoferu' Sneru endures''

A decree from the time of Pepi I (6th Dynasty), which exempts the priests of 'the two pyramids of Snoferu' from certain taxes, was written in relation to the 'Red' and 'Bent' pyramids at Dashur. Cartouches of Snoferu have also been found on both pyramids (On the corner-stones and upper chambers of the 'Bent' pyramid), but none yet on the Meidum pyramid.

Snoferu is only credited with a reign of just 23 years (2,575 - 2,551 BC) (2), suggesting that he managed to move three times the amount of stone as his son, Cheops (Khufu), but in only half the time.

Each of the pyramids was built in a completely different architectural style, with the bent pyramid showing two separate styles alone (The bottom courses of masonry curve upwards at the corners, while the top half are built horizontally as at Giza).

It is noticeable that the two Dashur pyramids which are attributable to Snoferu align to Heliopolis, as do other pyramids built in the 4th-5th Dynasties (see below).

This casts a long shadow on the 'pyramids as tombs' theory.

Apart from circumstantial funerary remains from around Giza, the fact is that the only 'evidence' that the pyramids themselves were intended for funerary purposes is from Herodotus original text, which was itself not an observation, but rather a third person narrative.

If the super-pyramids were constructed primarily to house the tombs of Pharahos, why place another coffer in the queens chamber of the Great pyramid and why is the Kings-chamber coffer so small that if we were to place a fully mummified 'body' in it, we would be dealing with the tomb of a child and not an adult. Why are coffers found still sealed in their original condition, only to be found empty on opening them and why build more than one pyramid? These are the questions which have yet to be satisfactorily answered before the 'pyramids as tombs' theory can be fully accepted.

Interesting that there are no photos to accompany that article. Not that there would be.

Carson was right. The pyramids were built to store grain. At least, that is what the Egyptians were told. In reality, it was just a scam to sell shares of grain to the gullible. That is the origin of the phrase, "pyramid scheme".

Interesting that there are no photos to accompany that article. Not that there would be.

Photos of what? The photos you provided don't show much, in my opinion.

If nothing else it is an interesting subject open to debate. What is funny is how questions or ideas are so readily dismissed by some.

There is an estimated 2.5 million stones in the Great Pyramid. The Pyramid was built in 20 years, supposidly. That means 2.5^6/20/365/24= 14 blocks set every hour 24/7 for 20 years. Not saying that couldn't be done with enough people but it sure seems impossible. What it means to me is that they are wrong and it took a whole lot longer then 20 years to build.

Any way here is an interesting article.

The Great Pyramid of Giza

Ben Carson is saying that the Pyramids were built so they could be featured in the back of the US dollar for the greater glory of Jesus ...say Hallelujah...say it now or else.........

You seriously dont have any odd theories you believe? That's sad if true. It means you don't have an independent mind or think for yourself. You just go along with what's popular.

But hey going with what is popular isn't that bad is it? It's the nutjobs that think differently that are the problem. Like that Galileo guy who thought differently and challenged the establishment. He should have just stayed with what was popular.

Forum List

Back