🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Best Picture winner "Moonlight" was a commercial flop

Oscar best picture nominees usually aren't big money makers.
They become big money makers after they win.
Some do depends on the story.
I don't know for sure. Which Oscar winner for best picture of the year did not become a money maker?
Depends on how we define money maker if we're talking summer blockbuster type money few if any do if it's a few million over what it cost to make some do. As I said it also depends on the story as well as the stars million dollar baby which won best picture and stared Clint Eastwood, Hillary Swank, and Morgan Freeman had far better odds of becoming a money maker than most.

I don't know for sure. Which Oscar winner for best picture of the year did not become a money maker?
Depends on how we define money maker if we're talking summer blockbuster type money few if any do if it's a few million over what it cost to make some do. As I said it also depends on the story as well as the stars million dollar baby which won best picture and stared Clint Eastwood, Hillary Swank, and Morgan Freeman had far better odds of becoming a money maker than most.
Only time I spend money at a movie theater is when I take the kid to see a blockbuster cartoon movie or well advertised one that she has seen advertised on TV. Otherwise, I'm a free movie on the TV person.

IMDB says it cost $5 million and grossed $20 mill so it made money but a $20M gross is lousy. Why did it win? More black privilege and pervert privilege AKA affirmative action.

Moonlight (2016) - IMDb
It wasn't a flop, it just never had a major release, it was a sleeper. I personally passed on it, because if I wanted to see a bunch of gay black men, I'd visit Atlanta

I boycotted the Oscar television program. And I hope millions of others did as well. We're The ratings low for the evening?

Only time I spend money at a movie theater is when I take the kid to see a blockbuster cartoon movie or well advertised one that she has seen advertised on TV. Otherwise, I'm a free movie on the TV person.
That's pretty much where I am when we are now getting sequels to flops it's time to stay home. I have to admit I do like the dine in theaters.

It's not about how much money a movie makes.

It's not even about whether it's the best movie.

It's about, you know, Hollywood.

Denzel Washington looked a bit upset about not winning best actor. His eyes were had tears in them. I'm going to watch Fences and Manchester by the sea. I'll see for myself. Denzel could win an oscar for all the movies he's been in the last 10 years. I love Hollywood movies but hate their politics.

Last edited:
IMDB says it cost $5 million and grossed $20 mill so it made money but a $20M gross is lousy. Why did it win? More black privilege and pervert privilege AKA affirmative action.

Moonlight (2016) - IMDb

It won, because liberals in Hollywood got called out on their racism and segregation, so they quickly threw in a bunch of black people (fuck Asian people, Native American people, etc.) to make it look like they're inclusive.

How much a film costs or profits is not the basis for being awarded an Oscar.

It's not THE basis but it's a big factor. But not here. The libs had to give the oscar to a movie about black fags no matter what. THINK
Perhaps you guys should get your own show and come up with a redneck peckerwood's awards trophy.
You do realize that such a suggestion is not a one way street, right? The camp that you cheer for could get their own show too if they are going to choose to be so different from how the show started out originally.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I boycotted the Oscar television program. And I hope millions of others did as well. We're The ratings low for the evening?

I haven't watched it in maybe 20 years. Movies are just silly useless entertainment and it's dumb how the public treats actors as heroes. They have jobs of no social value and are just high-paid welfare trash.

Forum List

Back